"God spoke to me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she means that God speaks to the parishoners through the pastor, a tool of God, so to speak....(pun intended, lol).

Kind of like a terp!:giggle:

There were evil people in the Middle East.

There was a dictator that murdered his own people. At least we don't do that in this country!

Remember, we are a Christian nation, why do you think that anytime one goes into court, you swear to tell the truth and nothing but the truth on the Bible?

Why do you think when the President is sworn in to take the oath of office, they are sworn on the Bible?

If one doesn't like this Christian nation, one can always leave this country. :)

Oh by the way.....I voted for Bush.

Come on. Our president lied that Iraq had WMD and we re in mess right now. If we want to get rid of evil dictator, why dont we also execute other evil dictator while we are at it? Make zero sense to me.

If our country was founded by Christian nation then why did our fore fathers make the first amendment which state the separation of Church and State?
Therefore US was founded with the goal to allow diversities of religions and people are free to express their different religion other than Christian.

Btw most of our fore fathers aren't christians. Most of them are atheist, gnostic, etc..

I believe that God speaks to us through the Bible today. I dont think He interacts with humans directly since the Bible was complete. However, I do believe he does things behind the scenes in order to help his people or to help people to get to know God so they can be saved through people.
The Bible is the God speaking. When you read the Bible, God spoke to you. :)

Like translator relate to the bible.

Yea. bible has been translated many times over years. there are several gospels (gnostic) were left out from the bible include the gospel of jesus and mary.

The Bible is the God speaking. When you read the Bible, God spoke to you. :)

Just Christians only, right? Non-believers can't use bible and claim God "spoke to them"

Many cults are growing and becoming dangerous.

I agree with you. Christian is growing and becoming threat to non-believers.

Come on. Our president lied that Iraq had WMD and we re in mess right now. If we want to get rid of evil dictator, why dont we also execute other evil dictator while we are at it? Make zero sense to me.

If our country was founded by Christian nation then why did our fore fathers make the first amendment which state the separation of Church and State?
Therefore US was founded with the goal to allow diversities of religions and people are free to express their different religion other than Christian.

Btw most of our fore fathers aren't christians. Most of them are atheist, gnostic, etc..

Congress can say "God", but it doesn't specifically say which God to believe in. It can be a Catholic God, a Mormon God, a Baptist God, etc, etc. Religion and God are two different things.

Better re-read the First Amendment.

It states:

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances

LII: Constitution

One of our forefathers, better re-check your history, Thomas Jefferson, said....

"I have always said, and will always say, that the studious perusal of the sacred volume will make us better citizens."

"And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that His justice cannot sleep forever."

"No power over the freedom of religion . . .[is] delegated to the United States by the Constitution."

"Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern, which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus."

"I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished any one to be; sincerely attached to his doctrines, in preference to all others; ascribing to himself every human excellence; and believing he never claimed any other." Letter to Benjamin Rush, April 21, 1803

Remember that Thomas Jefferson, is the man "blamed" for the wall of separation between church and state.

Christian Nation: Quotes From Our Forefathers

As for the "Iraq mess", yeah it was hard at first but look on the bright side, the people are free, the people don't have to worry about thier dictator coming to execute them, people are voting in a democratic process, warring factions are actually at peace with one another, revenue from oil proceeds are going to the government of Iraq and not to the dictator.

As for the other evil dictators, their time will come soon enough.

lumbingmi, I agree with you. Christian is growing and becoming threat to non-believers.

How sad, It true growing and growing NEW AGE or different cults now!

... why did our fore fathers make the first amendment which state the separation of Church and State?
To prevent the formation of a "state" church; that is, to keep government out of churches.

It was NOT to prevent religious people from becoming involved in government.

I don't believe God speaks verbally to people now. He speaks to believers thru His Holy Bible.

Hebrews 1
1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, 2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son

Prior to the incarnation of Jesus, ("in time past"), God spoke directly to His prophets, who wrote down His words which are called by Christians the Old Testament. Since the incarnation of Jesus, and during His earthly ministry, God spoke to the people thru Jesus ("hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son"). The apostles of Jesus wrote down the words that Jesus said in the books that Christians call the Gospel. After Jesus ascended to Heaven, He sent the Holy Spirit to give His words to the apostles to write down in letters to the churches, which Christians call Epistles.

Acts 1
1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach, 2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

The only prophetic book in the New Testament was revealed to apostle John. He was the last person to actually hear the voice of God.

Revelation 1
10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia

19 Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter

18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

I m baffled why God sudden stop talking to us after Revelations? What is the reason? Help me to understand please.
Because He said all that was necessary for us to know.

Gotcha. I see why you and other christians dont believe in Mormon because God spoke to John that Revelation is the final chapter in bible and there will be no more new information. I am sure many Christians think Joseph Smith, Jr. must be high when he claimed having a vision from angel.
I don't know what Smith's source was but it wasn't God.

my mom tried to kill herself and a voice suddenly said.. Don't do it. Your time is not done. She stopped. She believe it was God who told her not to. So I dont know... hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back