"God spoke to me"

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't believe in that in this modern world.

It only happened in Bible time. Those who claims that God talks to them is the work of the Devil himself, I strongly believe. NO WAY that God would tell people to do murder, lie, start a war! It's Devil's work to brainwash them into thinking that God told them to. I pity these people. tch tch

I believe that God speaks to us through the Bible today. I dont think He interacts with humans directly since the Bible was complete. However, I do believe he does things behind the scenes in order to help his people or to help people to get to know God so they can be saved through people.

I agree with this post :)

This is something that's always considered controversial.

Back then, if someone claimed that God spoke to him/her... everyone would be shocked and amazed.

Today, if someone claimed that God spoke to him/her... that person would be locked up in a mental hospital.

Yep agree there unless someone is a mental case with that crap. :)

For those that think it's "crap" that "God spoke to you", maybe it's because you don't allow God to speak to you?????

I agree with Secretblend because I don't think it literally happens (audibly). :giggle:

I m baffled why God sudden stop talking to us after Revelations? What is the reason? Help me to understand please.

[Yes, it's common to know that the people who suffers schizophrenic is murders and serial killers. They often said that they don't know why they killed the victims - it was like "wake up" for them and claimed that they heard God's voice telling them to kill, eat, burnt victims, etc. I can't say that I beleive them because I am not in their shoes but all what I would say that they suffers schizophrenia.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Psychologist suspect that Jesus had mental health problems. There were published books suggesting Jesus had some kind of mental illness but of course they aren't widespread accepted and they were censored in US.

For open-minded people read this and judge it for yourself:
San Francisco Atheists - Essays: An Inquiry into the Mental Health of Jesus: Was He Crazy?

I m baffled why God sudden stop talking to us after Revelations? What is the reason? Help me to understand please.

After the Bible was done being written by apostles, there is no need for God to speak with man anymore. Everything that God wants us to know is right there in the Bible so for that reason, God stopped speaking to man. He only speaks to us through the Bible.

After the Bible was done being written by apostles, there is no need for God to speak with man anymore. Everything that God wants us to know is right there in the Bible so for that reason, God stopped speaking to man. He only speaks to us through the Bible.

Ah okay what you mean is we should not listen to any one living today who said, "God spoke to me?" We should call that person out and put him/her away to mental insituation like Vamprox menitoned.

It's strange Joseph Smith, Jr. was celebrated by many people and he even has his own monumentum. He should be put in zoo since God stopped talking to people after revelation in bible. :confused:

God does speaks to us through His Word and for those who believe in God performing miracles. God’s words to us in everything we need to know in order to be saved and live the Christian life. Of course there are some people who will use God for their own purposes and never actually were told but do so for all the wrong reason and to answer your question regarding to Bush, I already did so in another thread. AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Putting The Blame on God...

Ah okay what you mean is we should not listen to any one living today who said, "God spoke to me?" We should call that person out and put him/her away to mental insituation like Vamprox menitoned.

It's strange Joseph Smith, Jr. was celebrated by many people and he even has his own monumentum. He should be put in zoo since God stopped talking to people after revelation in bible. :confused:

Well, lets just say that I don't believe it. But I won't treat them badly just cause they tell me they hear God cause I don't know everything. I know there is alot more going on than we know. I believe the Bible to say that there will be no more addictions to the Bible after it was done. So if there is poeple hearing God, it is not for more sayings in addition to the Bible. It is a personal message only meant for whoever heard it. I've never heard of such a message being spoken to me and from what I read in the Bible, I believe I never will.

God does speaks to us through His Word and for those who believe in God performing miracles. God’s words to us in everything we need to know in order to be saved and live the Christian life. Of course there are some people who will use God for their own purposes and never actually were told but do so for all the wrong reason and to answer your question regarding to Bush, I already did so in another thread. AllDeaf.com - View Single Post - Putting The Blame on God...

Again I did not blame God. I blame Bush and other people who voted him. Many people praised and believed what Bush said about God told him to go to war and excute supposed "evil" people in Middle East.

Well, lets just say that I don't believe it. But I won't treat them badly just cause they tell me they hear God cause I don't know everything. I know there is alot more going on than we know. I believe the Bible to say that there will be no more addictions to the Bible after it was done. So if there is poeple hearing God, it is not for more sayings in addition to the Bible. It is a personal message only meant for whoever heard it. I've never heard of such a message being spoken to me and from what I read in the Bible, I believe I never will.

Addictions? Lol. Yea I know what you mean. Religion is like drug. You can't get enough of it. ;)

Again I did not blame God. I blame Bush and other people who voted him. Many people praised and believed what Bush said about God told him to go to war and excute supposed "evil" people in Middle East.

Addictions? Lol. Yea I know what you mean. Religion is like drug. You can't get enough of it. ;)

I did change the spelling of that.. I think.. Nope didn't but I think most know what i meant.

Last edited:

Please do not twisted my word around, I did not say anything about blaming God, I only post the link to one of my post in that thread where you again brought up about Bush.

I did change the spelling of that.. I think.. Nope didn't but I think most know what i meant.

Gotcha. I see why you and other christians dont believe in Mormon because God spoke to John that Revelation is the final chapter in bible and there will be no more new information. I am sure many Christians think Joseph Smith, Jr. must be high when he claimed having a vision from angel.

Please do not twisted my word around, I did not say anything about blaming God, I only post the link to one of my post in that thread where you again brought up about Bush.

Blame goes around. Allright. Bush shouldn't says "God spoke to me" and he should leave God out of his speech. Agree?

Gotcha. I see why you and other christians dont believe in Mormon because God spoke to John that Revelation is the final chapter in bible and there will be no more new information. I am sure many Christians think Joseph Smith, Jr. must be high when he claimed having a vision from angel.

I'll refrain from givnig my opinion of him.

Blame goes around. Allright. Bush shouldn't says "God spoke to me" and he should leave God out of his speech. Agree?

It not up to you or me, it up to God.

After reading this entire thread, Those people who vain in the name of God in the act of murder had broke the 10 Commandments. Let God deal with it, because He knows the truth better than we do, because God has personally witnessed every crime and every sin that has ever been committed by people. He knows all the facts, we don't. :)

For those that think it's "crap" that "God spoke to you", maybe it's because you don't allow God to speak to you?????

I agree with Secretblend because I don't think it literally happens (audibly). :giggle:

I beileve what he post means a person "claiming" to say GOD spoke to him, but never really did. I seen people use GOD's good name take it the wrong way so that kind of pathetic. Do you remember this man name David something that happen in Waco, Texas? He claims GOD told him do this to sexually abuse young girls to turn them into woman and doing lot of brain washing. GOD did not teach him to do terrible things. I think he sick.

After reading this entire thread, Those people who vain in the name of God in the act of murder had broke the 10 Commandments. Let God deal with it, because He knows the truth better than we do, because God has personally witnessed every crime and every sin that has ever been committed by people. He knows all the facts, we don't. :)

That true, But this is about a person "CLAIMING" about GOD spoke to that person. I find it not sound right. This not about 10 commandaments. that about off topic. No offense.

That true, But this is about a person "CLAIMING" about GOD spoke to that person. I find it not sound right. This not about 10 commandaments. that about off topic. No offense.
Members had brought up about "murdering in God's name" so it's in the 10 commandments. I'm right on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back