God doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that some Christians keep on complaint about ADer´s negative label posts toward Chrisitianity all the time... Have you seen any Atheists, Agnostic or whatever complaint about Christians´ negative label posts toward Atheists and Agnostic or whatever posts?

Not have to be ADer's. Its my everyday life. In ADers, there were numerous throwing at each other, no matter who they are. And yes, I have seen alot of it going on and that is the reason alot have been removed, bec it's been gone out of control here.

MOD NOTE: As you noticed, more posts were deleted - keep the discussion on topic and do not make it personal - or do a personal attack on someone else.

Thanks
DreamDeaf
Dreamin' Mod

No, no...You misunderstood Maria..what she is saying that
the demons are for real and they are mentioned in the Bible,
surely you know that if you have read the Bible. :roll:

And furthermore, that link about Evil bible is just disgusting!
its for the atheists! ugh, ugh!! :ugh3:

Yes, I know the demon are mentioned in the Bible. It´s no misunderstand but question Maria with those link, I provided to.

Who says Evil Bible is for the atheists? *scratch my head*

Yes, I know the demon are mentioned in the Bible. It´s no misunderstand but question Maria with those link, I provided to.

Who says Evil Bible is for the atheists? *scratch my head*

well, maybe you need to read the link carefully
again, it did say it is the atheist Bible, oh well.

well, maybe you need to read the link carefully
again, it did say it is the atheist Bible, oh well.

I double check and yes it's Atheists who interpret the bible.

Well, every religions or non-religions interpret the bibles differently. :dunno:

Oh boy! you are confusing me when it comes to the words: Satan and
devil..they mean the same to me and according to the dictionary also.
Dictionary: Devil:1. (in Christian and Jewish belief) the supreme spirit of
evil; Satan. 2. a an evil spirit; a demon; a superhuman malignant being.
Then i looked up the word: Satan in the dictionary..
Satan: Devil; Lucifier. then it says see "Devil"
so it means the same..Satan and Devil means the same.
So if you are Jewish, i dont know why you think Satan and Devil are
two different words when they are not, they mean the same..
I think you are confusing the word "Satan" with something else not the
devil himself but with the Jewish terminology thing, dont you think? Like
you said above, something to do with district attorney or pros. attorney
but it is confusing to me, really...:confused: :dunno2:

In the old testiment, the word Satan is used a lot. It merely means "enemy" or "adversary." There is no being called "The Devil" in the Jewish religion.

Here: Satan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jews don't believe in hell or eternal damnation.

In the old testiment, the word Satan is used a lot. It merely means "enemy" or "adversary." There is no being called "The Devil" in the Jewish religion.

Here: Satan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jews don't believe in hell or eternal damnation.
right as per this bible dictionary;

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary - Cite This Source
Satan

adversary; accuser. When used as a proper name, the Hebrew word so rendered has the article "the adversary" (Job 1:6-12; 2:1-7). In the New Testament it is used as interchangeable with Diabolos, or the devil, and is so used more than thirty times. He is also called "the dragon," "the old serpent" (Rev. 12:9; 20:2); "the prince of this world" (John 12:31; 14:30); "the prince of the power of the air" (Eph. 2:2); "the god of this world" (2 Cor. 4:4); "the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience" (Eph. 2:2). The distinct personality of Satan and his activity among men are thus obviously recognized. He tempted our Lord in the wilderness (Matt. 4:1-11). He is "Beelzebub, the prince of the devils" (12:24). He is "the constant enemy of God, of Christ, of the divine kingdom, of the followers of Christ, and of all truth; full of falsehood and all malice, and exciting and seducing to evil in every possible way." His power is very great in the world. He is a "roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour" (1 Pet. 5:8). Men are said to be "taken captive by him" (2 Tim. 2:26). Christians are warned against his "devices" (2 Cor. 2:11), and called on to "resist" him (James 4:7). Christ redeems his people from "him that had the power of death, that is, the devil" (Heb. 2:14). Satan has the "power of death," not as lord, but simply as executioner.

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

and

Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary - Cite This Source
Satan

Satan, contrary; adversary; enemy; accuser

Hitchcock's Bible Names Dictionary

those info are copied and pasted from;
satan - Definitions from Dictionary.com

as for "Devil"

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary - Cite This Source
Devil

(Gr. diabolos), a slanderer, the arch-enemy of man's spiritual interest (Job 1:6; Rev. 2:10; Zech. 3:1). He is called also "the accuser of the brethen" (Rev. 12:10). In Lev. 17:7 the word "devil" is the translation of the Hebrew _sair_, meaning a "goat" or "satyr" (Isa. 13:21; 34:14), alluding to the wood-daemons, the objects of idolatrous worship among the heathen. In Deut. 32:17 and Ps. 106:37 it is the translation of Hebrew _shed_, meaning lord, and idol, regarded by the Jews as a "demon," as the word is rendered in the Revised Version. In the narratives of the Gospels regarding the "casting out of devils" a different Greek word (daimon) is used. In the time of our Lord there were frequent cases of demoniacal possession (Matt. 12:25-30; Mark 5:1-20; Luke 4:35; 10:18, etc.).

Easton's 1897 Bible Dictionary

There are different categories of jews believes. Like Pharisees and Sadduccees, they are religious leaders and they believed differently. Jesus knew their disbeliefs of hell and He described it. True, advesaries meaning differently, but depend what the whole context described. Advesaries meaning hard in life, but also, scriptures says, The devil, the advesary.... It's depends what the whole context of it. Revelation is full of pictures interpretations where John saw, doesn't know what that is, and God, Himself, will not tell John what that is, but showing him what he saw for John to described and using his way of seeing, like helicopters, and etc, John doesn't know what that is.

I would advice you please do not use that " insult " remark to anyone. Ok ? It's just that some ADers who don't believe in God's exist, because they don't experience God themselves yet UNLESS, they TRY God first themselves by readin' the bible, pray, and attend church to learn about the Word of God and such.

Actually the reason I'm an atheist myself is because I did read the bible and found nothing but misogynistic, misanthropic, sexist and violent beliefs for a deity people believe is all loving and kind.

God’s existence must be accepted by faith, God has also revealed Himself to us through His Word and the Bible and there is also evidence of God in our own hearts, how do I know God exists? because I speak to Him every day but I do not hear Him speaking back to me, but I sense His presence and I know His love and things have occurred in my life that have no other possible explanation other than God...Some of us know that God is real because He has revealed Himself to us in three ways: in creation, in His Word, and through His Son, Jesus...That's enough proof for me to believe that God really exists...

When you speak to God its religion, but if God speaks to you, you're up for candidacy for a mental ward. I do want to point out that just because you can't explain it, doesn't make the other answer anymore right. You could classify as a maybe, but without outright proof you are only making assumptions.

Well, I respects everybody have their "own" believe if they believe GOD or not. To me I believe in GOD and I do be in science. But sometimes science is not always 110% right all the time. But mad at what you posted? I would say no. I understand you don't believe in GOD that is your choice to say that GOD don't exist. Lot of people believe in UFO seen them.. some believe in bigfoot, some believe in the loch ness monster, and I do believe in ghost and spirit because that happens to me. So everybody got their own belief what they want to see and hear and how they were raise. To me " GOD is love" he wouldn't put us on this earth for nothing if we didn't exist.

When you speak to God its religion, but if God speaks to you, you're up for candidacy for a mental ward. I do want to point out that just because you can't explain it, doesn't make the other answer anymore right. You could classify as a maybe, but without outright proof you are only making assumptions.

It's almost like if someone refuses to believe that people have walked on the moon, then no amount of information is going to change their thinking. Now when it comes to the possibility of God's existence, it takes one to believe as God says " you will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you", He speaks to us through Scripture and touchs the part of our soul that aches to hear Him.

Look, I agree with you that many horrible, terrible things have been done--and are being done--in the name of religion. That's a fact. But it's too much of a generalization to then say that all religious people are bad, or that religion, in general, is necessarily destructive. It sometimes is, but it need not be. I'm sure you know some religious people who're quite nice, would never hurt a fly, and are good folks to hang out with, don't you? I know I do. Religion can be fairly harmless and benign, or it can be harmful and destructive. But that's generally true of most ideologies.

Most religious people in this country--unless they're on the far right/Falwell/Pat Robertson types--are basically religious because that's their cultural heritage, it's what they know, and they don't give alternatives much thought. Or they find some peace of mind in believing the fantasy. But that doesn't make them horrible folks. It just makes them mistaken.

It's not a matter of all the good they do, it's a matter that bad things keep happening because of religion. Without religion, there is no doubt that there would be fewer reasons for a "Crusade" to happen. You don't need religion to tell you to do good things, people who do good things because they fear God are not good people. They are people who will, if given the opportunity, do something bad because they think they can get away with it or they do it under the guise that God is "calling them" to do said act. It's asking for something to go wrong.

No. Some christians does. Atheist and exteremist christians behaving the same. Like I ve been saying alot of time, "them" christians does not lead me to give up, bec what "they" behaving or acts. Atheist may have "logics", but not always accurate. Plucking the negative side about God, but not getting the whole messages and the purpose of it.

The difference is that we don't say, yes, this is 100% correct. We say, yes, this appears to be 99.9% accurate, but if we are wrong, we are willing review new evidence that may contradict are current scientific knowledge. Faith does not do this, it's believe this or you can go to hell.

Its not stereotyping when it's a fact! Remember Michael Newdow? Atheists rallied behind him all over the place, and for what, its not as if he was suing to protect our religious liberties.

Are you sure of that, or are you not looking at the bigger picture? By removing "Under God" (noticed the capitalization made), he is also protecting the rights of those who do not believe in gods or supreme beings such as Buddhists. By the government being neutral to any religion it creates an environment free of oppression for any religion. Stop thinking that Christians are the only religion out there. After all, I'm sure you'd be up in arms if it said "Under Allah".

It's almost like if someone refuses to believe that people have walked on the moon, then no amount of information is going to change their thinking. Now when it comes to the possibility of God's existence, it takes one to believe as God says " you will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you", He speaks to us through Scripture and touchs the part of our soul that aches to hear Him.

No it's not, there actually is proof for people who have walked on the moon, those people who actually think that we didn't land on the moon are lunatics or they are gullible. The same can not be said of God as the requirements for his proof are based on blind faith or lack of reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back