Go, Ron Paul, Go!

what channel was this debate in?

Second in minutes behind Romney???? Oh pleeeeease. I saw the whole debate and twice they went to commercial just when Paul was about to speak. *grumbling* :lol: It appears that the others had a lot more time speaking than he did, though I didn't have my stopwatch with me at the time.

There were 2 debates over the weekend. The ABC debate Saturday and a debate on NBC Sunday morning.

In the ABC debate, Paul and Santorum were both around 11 minutes (depending on your source). Most say Paul was actually 3rd in minutes :dunno: but that is still top half.

Of the 3 breaks Paul,Santorum and Perry were the speakers going into break

Did anyone see the debate? Did you notice how they go to commercial when it is Paul's turn to reply? :roll:
You'll be happy to know that on tonight's debate Paul got equal on-air time. :)

(It was held in Myrtle Beach, SC, and shown live on FoxNews.)

You'll be happy to know that on tonight's debate Paul got equal on-air time. :)

(It was held in Myrtle Beach, SC, and shown live on FoxNews.)

Yeah, I saw some of it. By the way, your senator Tom Davis endorses Ron Paul. Davis carries a lot of clout. :)

Yeah, I saw some of it. By the way, your senator Tom Davis endorses Ron Paul. Davis carries a lot of clout. :)
Davis is not my Senator; he's in another district. My district Senator is Mike Rose.

I don't know about Davis's clout. He was a Sanford man.

Davis is not my Senator; he's in another district. My district Senator is Mike Rose.

I don't know about Davis's clout. He was a Sanford man.

My mistake on all counts. Happy now? ;)

My mistake on all counts. Happy now? ;)
I didn't say you were wrong on all counts.

FoxNews is showing the debate again now on TV, if you want to see it again. Just FYI.

I didn't say you were wrong on all counts.

FoxNews is showing the debate again now on TV, if you want to see it again. Just FYI.

I watched the whole debate and my blood ran cold. It seems that the only way to get elected is to KILL, KILL, KILL. The audience booed Paul for saying that he didn't want us to attack other countires. Uh oh, looks like WWIII coming soon. :(

I watched the whole debate and my blood ran cold. It seems that the only way to get elected is to KILL, KILL, KILL. The audience booed Paul for saying that he didn't want us to attack other countires. Uh oh, looks like WWIII coming soon. :(
Well, consider the audience at the debate. We South Carolinians are a bunch of hoot 'n' holler rednecks after all. He probably didn't get the same reaction to his "Golden Rule" statement in New Hampshire. :)

Well, consider the audience at the debate. We South Carolinians are a bunch of hoot 'n' holler rednecks after all. He probably didn't get the same reaction to his "Golden Rule" statement in New Hampshire. :)

I'm glad SC has at least one cool head.

Heh hypocrite,

WASHINGTON (AP) --

Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul has been spending large amounts on airfare as a congressman, flying first class on dozens of taxpayer-funded flights to his home state. The practice conflicts with the image that Paul portrays as the only presidential candidate serious about cutting federal spending.

Paul flew first class on at least 31 round-trip flights and 12 one-way flights since May 2009 when he was traveling between Washington and his district in Texas, according to a review by The Associated Press of his congressional office expenses. Four other round-trip tickets and two other one-way tickets purchased during the period were eligible for upgrades to first-class after they were bought, but those upgrades would not be documented in the expense records.

Paul, whose distrust of big government is the centerpiece of his presidential campaign, trusts the more expensive government rate for Continental Airlines when buying his tickets. Paul chose not to buy the cheaper economy tickets at a fraction of the price because they aren't refundable or as flexible for scheduling, his congressional staff said.

"We always get him full refundable tickets since the congressional schedule sometimes changes quickly," said Jeff Deist, Paul's chief of staff. Paul might have to pay out of his own pocket for canceled flights in some cases if he didn't buy refundable tickets, Deist said.

But records show that most of the flights for Paul were purchased well in advance and few schedule changes were necessary. Nearly two-thirds of the 49 tickets were purchased at least two weeks in advance, and 42 percent were bought at least three weeks in advance, the AP's review found.

Paul charged taxpayers nearly $52,000 on the more expensive tickets, or $27,621 more than the average Continental airfare for the flights between Washington and Houston, according to the AP's review of his congressional expenses and average airfares compiled by the Department of Transportation.

The more expensive tickets have other benefits as well, including allowing Paul to upgrade to first class when his staff reserves a flight because his frequent government travel gives him membership in an elite class of Continental customers who earn travel perks. Upgrades to first-class with cheaper fares are possible, at times limited to available seats days before the flight. But those upgrades are not guaranteed and some require ticket changes at the airport, according to the airline's frequent flyer rules.

The AP reviewed congressional travel before the Iowa caucuses for the two members of Congress running at the time — Paul and Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota. Bachmann later ended her presidential campaign.

House records show Bachmann, like most other congressional members, also paid the more expensive government rate for airfare. But her staff would not provide access to more detailed expense records that show when and what type of tickets were purchased.

Paul's congressional staff provided access to all expense records requested.

Congressional members don't have to pay the government rate for travel, but most do, including many like Paul and Bachmann who advocate cuts in federal spending.

"You could almost always beat the government rate," said Steve Ellis, vice president of the Washington-based Taxpayers for Common Sense, a federal budget watchdog group. "They need to be walking the walk, and one of the ways they can do that is to be fiscally responsible for how they spend their member office money."

Jesse Benton, Paul's campaign manager, didn't respond to a written request to explain how Paul's use of more expensive airfare, which allows him to fly first class, corresponds with his commitment to cut federal spending. Instead, he sent a statement that started, "No one is more committed to cutting spending than Dr. Paul."

But Paul's congressional travel conflicts with claims in campaign appearances that he's the most frugal and serious deficit hawk in the race.

Paul fights Washington spending, flies first class

Ron Paul is from Texas, how could he not know about TX based Southwest Airlines and the fact that they never charge a change fee? :hmm:

How does his spending compare to other Congressmen?

I dunno and don't care. It is irrelevant.

"But Paul's congressional travel conflicts with claims in campaign appearances that he's the most frugal and serious deficit hawk in the race."

He still is. :)

Back