Go, Ron Paul, Go!

I'm a conservative libertarian if I were pressed to label myself.

I'm a little surprised that you (a conservative, I presume?) would vote for the others on the stage but not Ron Paul. The Republican Party has indeed fallen far from the standards of Mr. Republican, Robert Taft. How about Barry Goldwater? My grandfather voted for Goldwater. Ron Paul is closest to him as well. All Republicans. All conservatives. I don't know what has happened to conservatism today. It's like it went and got a lobotomy.

The establishment tried to keep Barry Goldwater from the nomination, too. It was a bunch of young upstarts at the convention that got him nominated. Sounds like shades of Ron Paul supporters, doesn't it?

People like me want the party return to its roots. Not for the sake of the party, necessarily, but for the sake of the country.

Barry Goldwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robert Taft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck

Hmmm. I've been surfing a bit and there is a report floating around that Gingrich's ex-wife said that she could end his career with a single interview. Marianne Gingrich spoke with ABCNEWS reporter Brian Ross for two hours, and I understand the interview will air tonight. I have no idea if it will damage his campaign, and most likely she will say that he wanted an open marriage. If that was said about Mitt Romney, it would be curtains for him, but Gingrich is such a slimeball that I do not see this making any difference. :giggle:

Hmmm. I've been surfing a bit and there is a report floating around that Gingrich's ex-wife said that she could end his career with a single interview. Marianne Gingrich spoke with ABCNEWS reporter Brian Ross for two hours, and I understand the interview will air tonight. I have no idea if it will damage his campaign, and most likely she will say that he wanted an open marriage. If that was said about Mitt Romney, it would be curtains for him, but Gingrich is such a slimeball that I do not see this making any difference. :giggle:

You had to surf to find this? It has been everywhere since 5pm last night. Big feud at ABC over whether or not to air it. I guess her Esquire interview wasn't enough....she wants 15 more minutes. :lol:

You had to surf to find this? It has been everywhere since 5pm last night. Big feud at ABC over whether or not to air it. I guess her Esquire interview wasn't enough....she wants 15 more minutes. :lol:

I guess that is the price I pay for not being near the boob tube. :lol:
Dang, I thought it was going to be a new revelation. Phooey.

I'm a conservative libertarian if I were pressed to label myself.

I'm a little surprised that you (a conservative, I presume?) would vote for the others on the stage but not Ron Paul. The Republican Party has indeed fallen far from the standards of Mr. Republican, Robert Taft. How about Barry Goldwater? My grandfather voted for Goldwater. Ron Paul is closest to him as well. All Republicans. All conservatives. I don't know what has happened to conservatism today. It's like it went and got a lobotomy.

The establishment tried to keep Barry Goldwater from the nomination, too. It was a bunch of young upstarts at the convention that got him nominated. Sounds like shades of Ron Paul supporters, doesn't it?

People like me want the party return to its roots. Not for the sake of the party, necessarily, but for the sake of the country.

Barry Goldwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Robert Taft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who woulda thought a conservative like TXGolfer would prefer to vote for a Democrat whereas, I, who is a Liberal would like to be able to vote for Ron Paul.

Who woulda thought a conservative like TXGolfer would prefer to vote for a Democrat whereas, I, who is a Liberal would like to be able to vote for Ron Paul.

Well as I stated before.... If the solution is worse than the problem....stick with the problem. I think both would be horrible Presidents....If we are going to have a bad President I would prefer it be a bad (D) President. Helps in 2016. Let Obama own his mess for a while.

Back