giving up on asl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps because you were still wrong, and he was trying to help you by telling you that. Instead, you argued with him about his own language. Given those circumstances, most people won't care. They will just leave you to your mistakes.

exactly. it is not easy giving or receiving feedback.

missywinks, you have not really said anything to sympathetic, encouraging, or nice to me.

you show a positive attitude towards accepting feedback. i think its only healthy when we do because it is an opportunity to learn about ourselves from an outside perspective. thank you for not giving up and being part of our community!

Thank you for accepting me as such, and teaching me what I needed to know to communicate not just with my son, but with an entire group of people that have made my life richer. It is I that will be forever indebted.

Perhaps because you were still wrong, and he was trying to help you by telling you that. Instead, you argued with him about his own language. Given those circumstances, most people won't care. They will just leave you to your mistakes.

Just saying I am wrong does not make me wrong nor should I accept being wrong just because someone says I am. Either back up your statements that he was right in accusing me of being wrong, without a cogent explanation, or accept the fact that I am not going to agree with you concerning any of this and probably never will.

missywinks, you have not really said anything to sympathetic, encouraging, or nice to me.

That is terribly unfair of you. Missywinks has been nothing but encouraging and polite to you.

Just saying I am wrong does not make me wrong nor should I accept being wrong just because some says I am.

Okay jasin. Do it your way. It doesn't appear to be working very well for you, but, hey...keep banging your head against that brick wall if that's what you want to do.

You might want to keep in mind that just insisting you are right doesn't mean you are, either.

.:wave: CYA

jasin, i feel i have been nice and encouraging to you. it was not easy to respond to your defensive comments because you were ready to write off asl. see my post #86, i didn't want you to give up (still don't) just because of one or two bad experiences. everytime you commented, i was trying to show you the other perspective. you have to put down that wall of yours.

Jasin, Please dont take things so serious of what deaf people say about you. Just go with the flow.

When they are not accepting of me and some deafs have agreed that hey are not?

plus, we would have not responded to your thread if we didn't care. :hmm:

you really should take a good look at yourself and wonder about that. maybe it is your defensive approach that is turning those people away.

everytime you commented, i was trying to show you the other perspective. you have to put down that wall of yours.

And what perspective is that? That he was valid in saying I am wrong without showing me with a cogent explanation of how I am? Sorry, but that does not seem nice or reasonable as that just basically puts it all off on me.

you really should take a good look at yourself and wonder about that. maybe it is your defensive approach that is turning those people away.

I am actually a very cute, loving, funny, and friendly person :) So I know who I am. Not that you would ever care as you just judge.

I am actually a very cute, loving, funny, and friendly person :) So I know who I am. Not that you would ever care as you just judge.

I never said you were not.

You opened this thread for a reason. You were seeking support which many people, including myself, gave you. You made a few comments and asked a few questions which were off track and we just simply wanted to give you a different perspective or explanation. but you had to challenged our every post.

anyway, i dont want to continue this argument. i wish you the best of luck! :wave:

It isnt that, it takes time to blend in, don't force yourself in. I learn the hard way, very embarrassing! Deaf people in general can sense it of what u are doing, so they react to that. After a few months of going to deaf events in my area, things are smoothing out and I feel more included.

About ASL, I have few deaf people show me the wrong sign and it is very annoying and I learned just to say thank you and stick with the sign that most deaf people use for that word or meaning.

There also a few time that I feel gang up on, but really, they arent, they just want to included me in their conversation, the reason I feel left out is my limited ASL skills. Yes, they tend to run around with my ASL skill which it isnt nice from my view point, but they dont mean any harm at at all.

So, please dont take it out on deaf culture, its just the way it is. Period! There alot of time I don't understand why they do things. They always did it that way.

Mod note:

Thread closed for review and expect a PM from moderators shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back