Given the chance to choose between hearing and Deaf who would choose to remain Deaf?

On some forums they do have the gender option (some require it, some have it as optional). Different strokes for different folks. It is fascinating to see how or why people visualize others but at times it's just easier to be able to know right away because on the internet you never know who you run into. Of course there are those who will lie whether or no there's a M or F under your name. That bit I don't think happens THAT often- only have run into one person(that I know of) who did this.

Not just this thread- several members have revealed what their genders are just by what they post in various threads that make it obvious.

(me-- to dispel anything... I am male).

I think it would a lot more embarrassing if you went up a person and called them Mrs. or Mr. Jones and got the gender wrong or did this over the phone. I really don't see why people are getting so embarrassed in making
an innocent mistake . I would not use that function that said if I was a 'M' or
'F' ,
I would say mis-gendering a person ANYWHERE, including on the internet, is embarrassing to some people on both sides- the person making the mistake and the person it is aimed at. At the least it can be not a big deal or awkward; at the worst it would not be a good scenario- dangerous even.

For me I'm used to it, it has happened in public, on the phone and online. I have also mistakenly used the wrong phrase/pronouns and was left feeling slightly embarrassed- especially when you get varying reactions back.

On some forums they do have the gender option (some require it, some have it as optional). Different strokes for different folks. It is fascinating to see how or why people visualize others but at times it's just easier to be able to know right away because on the internet you never know who you run into. Of course there are those who will lie whether or no there's a M or F under your name. That bit I don't think happens THAT often- only have run into one person(that I know of) who did this.

Not just this thread- several members have revealed what their genders are just by what they post in various threads that make it obvious.

Yes, I know you are male, but did think you were a female when I first started reading on this forum. As you say, I know most of them from what the content of their messages are. I really don't understand WDYS objection.

Noooo! Really? All this time I thought you were ... :lol:

Seriously, I did not mean to piss you off so much, in all honesty though, please tell me (aside from calling you "dude") the part that angered you so much? I do not like pissing people off and am always open to new perspectives. I'm not trying to start something or be rude by any means. I obviously came off as an awful person and I apologize.

Cheers!

Just noticed this. I was angry because I asked you to clarify what you were saying, and you went of into this slang rant saying I was twisting your words.

I asked what you meant, and and nothing else.

It was uncalled for to attack me.

And I accept your apology.

half my life been hearing other half deaf...I wish never lost it but you deal with hand you got.

I like a semi-mental image of whose posts I'm responding to. I know many of you by face (either in person or on FB) but there are many of you I don't know, so knowing at least gender makes for more comfortable dialogue for me.

Well it has never to do with cultures or whatnot,
I simply wish to be able to hear music in all its glory, watch all the movies whenever and wherever, go to the theater and stand up-comedy,
opera, operetta, interviews with famous pple like David Suzuki etc,
- all those things the hearing pple can do and I don't because nobody cares enough to CC everything everywhere.

So yes I would like to hear.

But that doesn't mean I do not appreciate how wonderful and able the Deaf Culture is, and how happy one can be while deaf. I do.

Fuzzy

Well it has never to do with cultures or whatnot,
I simply wish to be able to hear music in all its glory, watch all the movies whenever and wherever, go to the theater and stand up-comedy,
opera, operetta, interviews with famous pple like David Suzuki etc,
- all those things the hearing pple can do and I don't because nobody cares enough to CC everything everywhere.

So yes I would like to hear.

But that doesn't mean I do not appreciate how wonderful and able the Deaf Culture is, and how happy one can be while deaf. I do.

Fuzzy

OMG, love your new avatar, put out that cigarette! :lol:

Yes, I know you are male, but did think you were a female when I first started reading on this forum. As you say, I know most of them from what the content of their messages are. I really don't understand WDYS objection.

:topic: You're way off topic! This thread is about hearing or staying deaf.

When did you become a moderator?!!

Stop moderating other people (oops sorry now I'm doing it).

Threads- ANY thread have the potential to wander off topic or whatever. there's nothing wrong with a thread going off topic-- it's the natural course of a conversation which is exactly what a thread is. Forum Games threads would be better to contain off topic posts (have seen that before) but general threads?

Come on live a little.

When did you become a moderator?!!

Stop moderating other people (oops sorry now I'm doing it).

Threads- ANY thread have the potential to wander off topic or whatever. there's nothing wrong with a thread going off topic-- it's the natural course of a conversation which is exactly what a thread is. Forum Games threads would be better to contain off topic posts (have seen that before) but general threads?

Come on live a little.

Sorry to say Ducky, but I think she's turned a deaf ear towards many of us. :cool2:

Oh my. There's at least 30 posts since this went off topic, and you're just now commenting on it?

And, after Annie didn't back you up. I see. An eye for an eye, right?

And may I say you contributed to at least 4 of the off-topic posts?

Maybe stop looking for so much attention. Go knit a book.

Back