Girl accidentally kills firing range instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.
HUH?? The only nut I am seeing is you. People do this all the time they hang out with people that have the same interest . So if someone like cars are they a car nut too ?

The definition was not mine but that found online, but it fits. But you can fit whatever hobby in front of nut and it also fits.

No, I asked you for examples of massacres at schools using firearms back then to back up your claim that they happened and you come up with an attack on a school by indians using tomahawks and knives. I just want some evidence that gun violence happened "all the time" as you stated at schools back in the 1700's and 1800's. Actual GUN VIOLENCE, NOT TOMAHAWKS! Since 1992, there have been 387 school shootings which has resulted in 590 deaths, I would be willing to bet that that far outpaces those in the time of the flintlock era.

wanna bet that number would be much lower if not for gun free zones? Funny how there were so many victims immediately after that law was passed ...

also, how come you won't let me use native Americans? Are you somewhat prejudiced in the data and statistics you are fishing for?

That is OK , I knew what you meant and thought it a mistake , it funny too. How did your dinner come out ?

It was good. We had mashed sweet potatoes, salad, roasted zucchini and baked chicken. I had to monitor chicken ensuring it won't overdry. The result was marvelous. All moist. :)

It was good. We had mashed sweet potatoes, salad, roasted zucchini and baked chicken. I had to monitor chicken ensuring it won't overdry. The result was marvelous. All moist. :)

That sound very yummy ! Now I can see why you where in a hurry in posting your comment you didn't want to spoil your dinner.

The definition was not mine but that found online, but it fits. But you can fit whatever hobby in front of nut and it also fits.

If I had the money I would love to have a collection of guns that belongs to famous outlaws and lawmen. I would not use them , I would put them in a gun case , and I would not think I am a gun nut . There is nothing wrong with owning a lot of guns as long as the person is not going out and killing innocent people. Of course they'll need to have permit to owns their gun.
The parents of the girl used horrible judgment and girl will have to live with the thought that she accidently killed a man. I hope some good will come out this tragic accident , that shooting ranges will take more precaution . The girl said her should got hurt when firing the gun , maybe there should some kind of vest with padding made for kids so they'll not get hurt when gun kick back .

If I had the money I would love to have a collection of guns that belongs to famous outlaws and lawmen. I would not use them , I would put them in a gun case , and I would not think I am a gun nut . There is nothing wrong with owning a lot of guns as long as the person is not going out and killing innocent people. Of course they'll need to have permit to owns their gun.
The parents of the girl used horrible judgment and girl will have to live with the thought that she accidently killed a man. I hope some good will come out this tragic accident , that shooting ranges will take more precaution . The girl said her should got hurt when firing the gun , maybe there should some kind of vest with padding made for kids so they'll not get hurt when gun kick back .

As long as you can keep them safe that's great! If you like guns, that's great! Unfortunately, most thieves go for the guns when they break into you house.

The best way to prevent an accident like the one with the girl killing the instructor is not allowing little kids to shoot weapons, especially machine guns until they are much older.

. . . The parents of the girl used horrible judgment and girl will have to live with the thought that she accidently killed a man. I hope some good will come out this tragic accident , that shooting ranges will take more precaution .
I agree. This is purely a case of bad decision making, not a case that requires gun control. The parents made a bad decision, and the gun range instructor made a bad decision. I too, hope that it will cause more parents and range operators to give more thought to their decisions.

The girl said her should got hurt when firing the gun , maybe there should some kind of vest with padding made for kids so they'll not get hurt when gun kick back .
There are jackets, shirts, and vests with padded shoulders, or separate shoulder pads that can be strapped on, commonly used by shotgun shooters to soften the recoil effect.

Following that definition, I would say it's a good thing. :D

860055d1388860846t-does-anyone-conceal-carry-when-they-ride-yosemite-sam.jpg

I agree. This is purely a case of bad decision making, not a case that requires gun control. The parents made a bad decision, and the gun range instructor made a bad decision. I too, hope that it will cause more parents and range operators to give more thought to their decisions.

There are jackets, shirts, and vests with padded shoulders, or separate shoulder pads that can be strapped on, commonly used by shotgun shooters to soften the recoil effect.

Don't wear baggy shirt. That's how one of my brothers shot his toe with his handgun at the shooting range. He had been practicing for a while before he joined AF. While a firearm instructor taught my brother how to hold a gun and point it to the ground. The guy beside my brother was busy shooting his weapon. I can't remember what type of weapon the guy had at the time. Have to ask my brother. Anyway, the ammo flew out of the guy's gun and it just ended up in my brother's shirt. You know how it gets hot, right? Ouch.

My brother cut a plastic water pipe in half and screwed it to the bottom of his shoe, so his toe wont touch on the ground while walking. His toe is all fine now.

Don't wear baggy shirt. That's how one of my brothers shot his toe with his handgun at the shooting range. He had been practicing for a while before he joined AF. While a firearm instructor taught my brother how to hold a gun and point it to the ground. The guy beside my brother was busy shooting his weapon. I can't remember what type of weapon the guy had at the time. Have to ask my brother. Anyway, the ammo flew out of the guy's gun and it just ended up in my brother's shirt. You know how it gets hot, right? Ouch.

My brother cut a plastic water pipe in half and screwed it to the bottom of his shoe, so his toe wont touch on the ground while walking. His toe is all fine now.
Oh yes, I know how it gets hot.

I learned (from experience) not to wear aviator-style eyeglasses while firing a pistol (which is also why I prefer revolver, heh, heh). When I was in the Navy, we were practicing Navy-issued handguns at the Navy indoor range. One of my hot ejected shells landed in the nosepiece of my eyeglass frame. I felt a burning sensation. Laid down my weapon on the bench, took off my glasses and saw the shell. Left a nice burn dimple between my eyes.

Also, women wearing tops with exposed cleavage need to be careful. When I attended a "Ladies Night" shooting class at a private range, then required all the women to wear t-shirts (which they provided). The instructor explained that in the past some women had bad experiences with hot ejected shells landing in the catch basin of their cleavage, so they now take that precaution. :giggle:

I'm glad that your brother's injury wasn't more serious.

Oh yes, I know how it gets hot.

I learned (from experience) not to wear aviator-style eyeglasses while firing a pistol (which is also why I prefer revolver, heh, heh). When I was in the Navy, we were practicing Navy-issued handguns at the Navy indoor range. One of my hot ejected shells landed in the nosepiece of my eyeglass frame. I felt a burning sensation. Laid down my weapon on the bench, took off my glasses and saw the shell. Left a nice burn dimple between my eyes.

Also, women wearing tops with exposed cleavage need to be careful. When I attended a "Ladies Night" shooting class at a private range, then required all the women to wear t-shirts (which they provided). The instructor explained that in the past some women had bad experiences with hot ejected shells landing in the catch basin of their cleavage, so they now take that precaution. :giggle:

I'm glad that your brother's injury wasn't more serious.

you don't say?

Top%20Gun%203.jpg

Then the girl should had been given a vest to put on , you can see how thin she was , she has no meat on their bones to protect her. Gun control is not going to make some people made better decisions , unfortunately there is no laws that made people have better common sense .

. . . if someone comes in give them what they want and let them leave, risking your life is not worth it.
As you can see, that's not what home invasions are about:

Brandon Keith Sigmon, the Summerville man accused of assaulting a family in the Cane Bay area Wednesday, was denied bond at a hearing Thursday evening at Hill-Finklea Detention Center in Moncks Corner.

Sigmon, 31, of 257 Westbrook St., faces charges of first-degree burglary, two counts of first-degree assault, three counts of kidnapping and possession of a firearm in the commission of a violent crime in the home invasion and armed assault of a 32-year-old woman and her 3-year-old son. A 2-year-old daughter was also in the home, but was not injured.

Sigmon could serve a life sentence in prison if convicted on all charges.

Judge Otis Prioleau denied bond on all four counts after hearing testimony from the victim via telephone and from Detective Mark Fields, who represented the state at the hearing. Both the victim and Fields said Sigmon was a danger to the community and should be kept in custody.

The victim said she was beaten about her face and head with a handgun and Tased several times by the suspect, and is convinced he broke into her home to kill her and her children.

Sigmon, who does not yet have a lawyer, was not given the opportunity to speak at the hearing. He appeared in standard-issue Berkeley County orange prison garb, and looked visibly upset as the victim read her statement via speakerphone in the hearing.

Sigmon’s preliminary hearing is set for Nov. 7 at the Berkeley County Courthouse in Moncks Corner.

According to the sheriff’s report released Thursday afternoon, a 5-foot-10, 180-pound white male with short blond hair wearing plaid shorts and a multi-colored shirt was going to door-to-door in the Cane Bay area under the pretense of selling vacuum cleaners. Sigmon is listed as 6-feet, 190 pounds in his arrest report.

The report said the suspect reached the home at 395 Decatur Drive in the Cane Bay Plantation community, where the victim was home with her two small children. She said the suspect came to her front door, which she did not open. He asked if she wanted to buy a vacuum cleaner and then asked to speak to her husband.

The victim said she told the man to leave or she would call the police, at which time he left the front door area. The woman then called her husband at his workplace to tell him about the encounter and that she felt nervous. Before she could finish the call, she said the suspect broke in through the back door and forced his way into the home. At that time, the husband said he could hear his wife screaming and the phone connection was lost. He then called 911 to report a possible break-in.

The victim told police that the suspect yelled at her to get off the phone, hit her in the face and head with his fist and then a handgun. He then pushed her head against a wall several times, and pushed her 3-year-old son against the wall as well.

The woman was able to escape with her son through the front door and into the front yard, where several neighbors had gathered after hearing the commotion. The victim told police the man left through the back door and went over a fence in the backyard.

The report said the woman’s forehead was red and swollen, she suffered cuts and bruises to her face and hands and that she had a broken front tooth.

Moon said Sigmon was found trying to hide in a retention pond at about 7 p.m. Wednesday near where the alleged assault took place.

His arrest followed a large manhunt after 911 calls just after 2 p.m. Wednesday about a possible assault and home invasion in a Cane Bay home that resulted in the lockdown of Cane Bay Middle School and Cane Bay High School.

No shots were fired as far as the BCSO is aware. No weapons have been recovered yet.

After arriving on the scene Wednesday afternoon, BSCO deputies and the S.C. Department of Natural Resources set up a perimeter around the area and began stopping cars in search of the suspect.

As a result, Cane Bay High School and Cane Bay Middle School were put on lockdown. The lockdown was lifted after about an hour, according to Moon, and all students were free to leave by dismissal time.

Check back to this website for updates.
Summerville man denied bond in home invasion case - Summerville Journal Scene

There are gators in those ponds. Too bad the gator didn't find him first.

As you can see, that's not what home invasions are about:

Summerville man denied bond in home invasion case - Summerville Journal Scene

There are gators in those ponds. Too bad the gator didn't find him first.

For the life of me I can't understand why the woman wasted time calling her husband instead of call 911 first .
Seb, if a robber is bold enough to break into a house when people are home he is bold enough to kill you. I was told this by a California cop when someone broke into my home. The cop told me if I think someone is in my house NOT to go in I should go to a neighbor's house and have them call 911.
This was BEFORE there where cells phones . Store clerks been beaten to a
pulp after giving the robber all their $$$. I know a woman that owned a jewelry store and she was robbed in broad day light . She was dragged by hair across the floor and knocked out . The poor woman neck got hurt and she shut down her store . And this happen in 'safe little city'.

For the life of me I can't understand why the woman wasted time calling her husband instead of call 911 first ....
Because at the time she called, the guy hadn't tried to break in; she just had an uncomfortable feeling. If she had called 911 with just a "feeling" they wouldn't have shown up.

Because at the time she called, the guy hadn't tried to break in; she just had an uncomfortable feeling. If she had called 911 with just a "feeling" they wouldn't have shown up.

What state did this happen in , if was a high crime rate city the cops may had come. And he was trespassing that is good enough for some cops to come out.

When I had Finlay I was in the back yard with him and a neighbor came out of his building and started yelling at me and making hand gestures as if to choke me to death . He was not near me but I took it as a threat and called the cops . They where out here in no time and told the guy if he does that again he will be arrested . The guy said he knew he was wrong and just flipped out. I hate to think what would had happen if the guy had come us up to us. I think Finlay would taken a bite out his leg.

What state did this happen in , if was a high crime rate city the cops may had come. And he was trespassing that is good enough for some cops to come out.
It happened in my state (SC), in a nice community not far from my house. It is not a high crime area. Door-to-door sales are not considered trespassing unless the resident puts someone on notice. It's not enough for a police response.

When I had Finlay I was in the back yard with him and a neighbor came out of his building and started yelling at me and making hand gestures as if to choke me to death . He was not near me but I took it as a threat and called the cops . They where out here in no time and told the guy if he does that again he will be arrested . The guy said he knew he was wrong and just flipped out. I hate to think what would had happen if the guy had come us up to us. I think Finlay would taken a bite out his leg.
Yikes! :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back