Germany culture

Yes I read your last and 3rd pharaph about Southern Germany and said that you never visit Northern Germany. It got me confused because you said about Berlin, Dresden, etc in 1st and 2nd pharaph and then said that you never visit Northern Germany but Southern Germany in your 3rd pharaph.

I know you was in Darmstadt before and love it.. .also visit Munich, Frankfurt, like what you mentioned in previous posts etc. but I didn´t know that you visited many cities in Southern Germany which not far from my hometown. :eek3: I would love to meet you when I know.

You quoted my post and explain... Now I understood.

I know you will like Berchtesgaden which not far from Königssee and also Bodensee as well. Yes you should go there because I know you will like it.

Yes, I consider Berlin and Dresden still as "East Germany." That is why I said I never visit Northern Germany, which I meant as Bremen, Hannover, Hamburg, Kiel, etc... I have some friends living in Munster and Osnabrück and they want me to visit them. I don't know why but I don't find northern Germany to be interesting... I definitely would want to visit the city of Wuppertal though because of their cool elevated trains around the town.

Lieblin' ~

Which places that are the best to visit in Germany ? Do you think one week is a good time to spend in Germany or less ? I know some visitors will not feel satisfy if, they stay in Germany for short time like 3 or 4 days. LOL

From my experience in Germany, the best places to visit are:-

1) Catch a cruiser boat to travel down River Rhine, you will see lots of beautiful castles down this famous river.

2) Visit Neuschasten (sp?) Schloss Castle in Lindberg Bayern.

3) Visit Berlin city and Munich's Oktoberfeast.

There are lots of beautiful towns such as Rudeheim, Rothenburg o. Tauder.

From my experience in Germany, the best places to visit are:-

1) Catch a cruiser boat to travel down River Rhine, you will see lots of beautiful castles down this famous river.

2) Visit Neuschasten (sp?) Schloss Castle in Lindberg Bayern.

3) Visit Berlin city and Munich's Oktoberfeast.

There are lots of beautiful towns such as Rudeheim, Rothenburg o. Tauder.

:ty: I will keep those in mind for my future visitation. It would be interestin' to experience the feelin' of difference when I get there, comparin' to USA that I am soo used to. Example: I will probably feel like livin' in 1800's or somethin' when I am in there, comparin' to USA's very modern of 2007. I love heritages. :)

I am very happy that you created this thread for Germany cultrue :D I learned many things!!

awesome

I still remembered when I first posted a thread, "Hey y'all", and I thought your words were your names. haha =P

Now, i forget what the words for "welcome". Can you tell me again? ^^;;

Texan Guy, Kuiji75 provided the link about

Lieblin' ~

Which places that are the best to visit in Germany ? Do you think one week is a good time to spend in Germany or less ? I know some visitors will not feel satisfy if, they stay in Germany for short time like 3 or 4 days. LOL

Depend on your interesting and comfortable...

Culture, museum, relax, hiking, wander, ???

As I know you love Alaska from your previous posts then I know Island of Sylt is best place for you and also old towns as well and romantic houses etc... There're plenty of fishes etc...it will remind you of Alaska.

My view of best cities, I visit to is:

Neuschwanstein, Linderhof castle, River Rhine, Rothenburg o. Tauber, Island of Sylt, Rüdesheim am Rhein, Mosel River, Trier to Koblenz, Königsee, Berchtesgaden, Mainz and more cities... (I will be back if I remember...)

I would suggest you to check those link which place you like to visit... and feel right for you...

Dresden 1999 Photo Gallery by Ralf Brown at pbase.com

Most around Germany are old and romantic towns/cities....

The Eagle's Nest - Obersalzberg in Berchtesgaden - - Home

This is the info website for Eagles Nest.

Liebling, I want to go to Berchtesgaden because it is popular with national park and hiking. Do you know of the famous trail there? I forgot it's name... Seuffzz

Never mind, I found it! Alpen-Weitwanderung Berchtesgaden!
Der Alpen-Weitwanderweg Berchtesgaden-Salzburg

It's good that you found the link...

I has to honest with you that I has a little knowledge about hiking etc but my hubby does. I would ask my hubby or my friend if you question me... You already found which is good... but I guess it's also in Bayerische Forest, too.

I am very happy that you created this thread for Germany cultrue :D I learned many things!!

awesome

I still remembered when I first posted a thread, "Hey y'all", and I thought your words were your names. haha =P

Now, i forget what the words for "welcome". Can you tell me again? ^^;;

Welcome!!! :thumb:

German: Herzlich Willkommen!!! :D

Texan Guy, Kuiji75 provided the link about

Depend on your interesting and comfortable...

Great ! I would like to spend a week at least. :)

Culture, museum, relax, hiking, wander, ???

Yep, you got it all right. I would love to learn their culture, musuem, historic, and of course, wanderin'. For my leisure time. :lol: Maybe, you can show me around some day... hmm ? :fingersx:

As I know you love Alaska from your previous posts then I know Island of Sylt is best place for you and also old towns as well and romantic houses etc... There're plenty of fishes etc...it will remind you of Alaska.

My view of best cities, I visit to is:

Neuschwanstein, Linderhof castle, River Rhine, Rothenburg o. Tauber, Island of Sylt, Rüdesheim am Rhein, Mosel River, Trier to Koblenz, Königsee, Berchtesgaden, Mainz and more cities... (I will be back if I remember...)

Ok. :)

I would suggest you to check those link which place you like to visit... and feel right for you...

Dresden 1999 Photo Gallery by Ralf Brown at pbase.com

I just bookmarked it and will look up tonight after helpin' with a friend of mine to remodel in a master room.

Most around Germany are old and romantic towns/cities....

Great ! You know I love heritages! :D

I rather to visit your hometown and meet your family Liebling:))) ...:aw:

HEY, MOST IMPORTANT TRIP IS TO PAY RESPECT FOR THE DECEASED PEOPLE DURING THE WAR........

Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site - The Official Pages

I went there twice.

The husband of my 84 year old cousin who I keep in touch regularly on internet, (such a sweet woman), was one of the members of the Army group who liberated Dachau and guarded the concentration camp. One day, Bill (the husband of my cousin) showed me pictures from the first days he was at Dachau, and it was not pretty at all. It was a very moving experience for me to have him share the story with me. He and my cousin have gone to Germany again several times and told me that Germany has changed so much since WWII.

I have been to the concentration camps Dachau and Sachsenhausen (near Berlin). There are hundreds of these KZ-Lager in Europe, but I hope to go to Poland as well to see Oswiecim camp (known in German as Auschwitz). It will be to compare the difference between a labour camp (i.e. Dachau) and an extermination camp (i.e. Oswiecim).

My cousin gets mad when he hears people saying that the Holocaust never happened. It is very important for people to know it did actually happen, and to not to allow it to happen again.

Thanks but they are already home. :) They went to Poland and Germany about a month ago.

I didn't know that your Pastor and wife visited Poland. It's good to know that they also visited Poland, too because there're large camp in Poland than in Germany... Dachau is not far from my hometown.

I didn't know that your Pastor and wife visited Poland. It's good to know that they also visited Poland, too because there're large camp in Poland than in Germany... Dachau is not far from my hometown.
Yes, they visited our missionaries that we support in Germany and Poland. Our missionaries in Ukraine met them in Poland to visit also.

Back