Germany culture

:rofl:
Sabrina said:
Yucky ! Germany curry sausage reminds me of horse's dick

I do not want to crack my mouth when I will bite that enlarge size of the sausage. :eek:

i miss germany :doh:
i was lucky enough to live in karlsruhe for a couple of years....
every little town had its own brewery.....loved permenator....the food was incredible, with huge portions, :jaw: i could never finish it all
the waitresses were so nice, they were always worried that i didnt like the food, then they would tell me to eat up and put some weight on !
i know have 5 kids and dont know if i can ever afford to go back, but it would be very cool to show my son, heidelburg, and my daughter, wurzburg, where they were born :applause:

mlkshkgrl said:
Sorry Liebling TUMS is an antacid for like heartburn and indegestion...

True, it's toooo fatty. I would not eat like this. :eek:

webexplorer said:
Wow. That's interesting. I don't eat meats anyway. I thought that the food is expensive - maybe it was in Italy.

All restaurants in Germany are required you to pay first included the tips before you order them. Am I correct?

Yes, any restaurants in Italy culture are the most expensive Europe. They charge you for use fork, knives, spoon etc. :crazy: There're big city like Rome.

Yes, Kuiji75 is correct.

The tax and VAT are included, not tips.

Yes, I know that America and Europe are different. We don't have to pay tips to waitresses. Why should we? Of course I tell them to keep the change if there're few cents.

Sabrina said:
Yucky ! Germany curry sausage reminds me of horse's dick

I do not want to crack my mouth when I will bite that enlarge size of the sausage. :eek:

Funny, American Chopper asked me the question few nights ago. He wonder, where part of Germany do you live. I said, I think around in Berlin or Hamger

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, Kuiji75 but Munich and Regenburg are 200 km away from my area.

No, Sabrina... Berlin or Hamburg are between 500 and 600 km away from my area.

I live at countryside which it's 4 km away from small town on the middle between Stuttgart and Nuermberg, Bavaria.

I will add the picture of my homeland later.

new2deaf said:
i miss germany :doh:
i was lucky enough to live in karlsruhe for a couple of years....
every little town had its own brewery.....loved permenator....the food was incredible, with huge portions, :jaw: i could never finish it all
the waitresses were so nice, they were always worried that i didnt like the food, then they would tell me to eat up and put some weight on !
i know have 5 kids and dont know if i can ever afford to go back, but it would be very cool to show my son, heidelburg, and my daughter, wurzburg, where they were born :applause:

wow, Can you tell us clear why you live in Karlsruhe (near stuttgart) for 2 years?

Is it because you married American and move to live in USA?

You talked about Heidelburg and Würzburg sound like that you work for US Army caserne or what because you talked where your children born? I know because I work for US Army and also work together with other US Army casernes in Heildelburg and Würzburg.

:lol: true, the waiters/waiteresses make sure if the foods taste are good or not. It's their job task to make sure because the owner of restaurants want to know if chefs cook good or not. It's very common like this in every restaurants.

Once I complaint in the friendly way that the foods are salty. They respect and take my meal away to give me a drink for a gratis to wait for replace meal to show me how sorry they are.

I remember when we (ladies) make our outing to Bavaria Studio in Munich. We went to Restaurant in English Garden for our lunch. I found some of small flies on the lettuces so I show it to waiter in friendly way. He took ALL of our salads to make a new one then extra give us 3 portions of mixed ice creams to apology us.

This is German's way to show respect like this to every guests.

how could we convert miles to kk ?

500 kk = miles ?

600 kk = miles ?

Was there a gas chamber in Nuermberg during the war?

Ten years ago, my mother and her friend visited many different towns in Germany, and they didn't go to the Nuermberg.

As far as I remember, I don't think there was a KZ in Nuremburg, but the closest one would be in Flossenbürg, near the Czech border. Nuremburg was the site of the Nazi Rallies and Parades, and I think they held that event every year.

Correction:
After consulting with this map of KZs and other facilities, there was indeed a KZ in Nuremburg.

http://www.mahnung-gegen-rechts.de/pics/Deutschland-KZ-Karte-1943-1944.gif

It's sad to see so many labour camps within Germany, but odd that most of the crematorium kind of camps were not even in Germany but in Poland.

Translation of legend:
KZ = Labour camps
Vernichtungslager = Extermination camp
Zuchthaus = Jailhouses
Hinrichtungsstat = Places of executions
Groß-Ghetto = Big Ghettos, liquidated after 1942

My family is part of German, and I am 1/3 German :) Some of my families are still living in Germany and I sometimes meet them when they came visit to America, some of my families went to Germany to visit the families too, but not me.

I really like the city Frankfurt, their skyline is nice! :D

Back