Geez I called Oil Heat today!!!

I had 835 gallons of oil in my 1,000 gallon tank.
I paid 2.14 per gallon on August 2007.

835 gallons x $ 2.14 = $ 1,786.90

I have 300 gallons left to go.

300 gallons left x $ 2.14 = $ 642.00

$642.00 / 11 months = $ 58 per month (average)

1,786.90 - 642.00 = $ 1,144.90 (I saved $ 1,144.90.)

Am I correct?

:D ... You have huge 1000 gallons tank :shock: ;)

300 Gallons still in your tank?

I think ...

you filled 835 gallons

300 gallons still in the tank...

you did used up oil with 535 gallons

535 gallons x 2.14= 1144.90

split 12 months per year...

1144.90 / 12 = 95.40 per months??

Maybe I am wrong too :dunno2: :giggle:

Not know, Philips's oil is cost much more than my bill for combined of electricity and natural gas.

Electricity is normally little expensive in summer because we use AC to cool the room and remove the humidity since natural gas is cheaper in summer but went up in after fall when cold season is start and electricity is somewhere cheaper in cold season, it's depends on household about usage of energy.

Pacman - Winter is more expensive if you use electric heater a lot. I had to pay $137 for the last 3 months.

How about solar roof?
What are Solar Roof Panels?

We will plan to have it few years time. We are still search for the cons/pros information over those solar roof. My many friends have it and love it... It's save a lot of money and use very less oil.

Liebling,
You should invest in few solar panels as soon as you can.

In Australia, the Government offers rebate for people who buys solar panels as well rain tanks........

I've seen new houses with solar panels installed already.

My dad's brother, my uncle have them. :)

:D ... You have huge 1000 gallons tank :shock: ;)

300 Gallons still in your tank?

I think ...

you filled 835 gallons

300 gallons still in the tank...

you did used up oil with 535 gallons

535 gallons x 2.14= 1144.90

split 12 months per year...

1144.90 / 12 = 95.40 per months??

Maybe I am wrong too :dunno2: :giggle:

May I correct you...? It's 11 months, not 12 months.

Webexplorer said that he paid oil last August 2007 which mean is his oil was being consume since August 2007 to July 2008 is 11 months : $1,144.90 = $104.08 per month.

Webexplorer, Phillip is correct about this but I only correct her about months...

Am I correct?

Sorry, Phillip is correct... I just correct her over months... :D

wow, 835 gallons is too much for you alone... I assume that you are a single... Correct? If yes, 535 gallon (around 2,025 liter) for 11 months is too much... :eek3:

1,500 litre (396.25 gallons) oil for 4 person in household are being consume per year. We limit 1,500 litre instead of more than 1,500 litres until around between 50 and 100 liter (13.20 and 26.42 gallons) leftover for order oil in every November for many years. We limit oil for 1,500 litre every year than tank oil full...

Replace the air filter is pretty easy! I did myself and must replace each 3-5 months depend how thick dusts. I have allergy dust.

Yes my hubby did it himself once or twice a year. Chimney sweep inspector said that our oil heater burnt (furnance) is over 20 years old which should be up to 15 years... It look like that we take care of oil heater (furnace well).

Chimney sweep inspector is obligate to inspect our oil heater twice a year.

I may think that it might be the problem with the tank level.

flatlevel.jpg

1st picture at the top should be a normal level. At the bottom of liquid is a thick oil that could clog the pipe. But, this is very common and normal.

2nd picture is off the balance that can be a serious problem.

3rd picture is also off the balance that might be okay, but the left oil cannot be full empty. That could be also a problem.

I think that when the rains make the soil become soft, one side could be rising and other might be down a little more due too soft soil which means that the employees did not do a good job patting down hard on the soil before putting the tank in the ground. (It is very similar to coffins at a cemetery. Yuck!) Actually, most states have a law that all oil tanks must be installed in the basement. If the oil tank is in the ground, the house cannot be sold until it is in the basement.

For the basement, you could check to see if your tank is straight level.

Accord the pictures and your 1st... I have 3 tanks level like the picture at number one... Honestly, to us - no... We have no problem with thick oil for over 20 years because we limit the oil after year consume estimate - no once repair... *knock on the wood*

Accord 3rd... Yes, that's right... oil should be not empty... It cause the damage on oil heater...

Oil tanks alone are obligate at small room with metal door in basement.

Sorry, Phillip is correct... I just correct her over months... :D

wow, 835 gallons is too much for you alone... I assume that you are a single... Correct? If yes, 535 gallon (around 2,025 liter) for 11 months is too much... :eek3:

1,500 litre (396.25 gallons) oil for 4 person in household are being consume per year. We limit 1,500 litre instead of more than 1,500 litres until around between 50 and 100 liter (13.20 and 26.42 gallons) leftover for order oil in every November for many years. We limit oil for 1,500 litre every year than tank oil full...

I can't limit amount of oil because the price is skyrocketing. That's why I got $2.14. Now it is around 4.50 which cost $3,757.50 for 835 gallons (3,160 liters) so I finally saved $1,970.60 before the price went up fast. That's why the oil tank is bigger and the better we save for a long term. Of course, we hate it because of the price issue. I have one person and two little dogs in my house. We live on a small ranch house with a lot of trees.

We are still working on finding a company that sells a GeoThermal and solar panels. We are sick of depending on oil from some foreign countries. Again, most foreign oil owners and their family are buying our lands which is a bad idea. Some of them already got many high fancy homes, and they live in extremely wealth towns and a lot of beautiful views. We have about 35 years old furnace which runs very good, but it does not have an energy star. It has no major defective for many years. We will not buy a new one with energy star. (We realized that it is not easy for us or anyone to buy GeoThermal and solar panels now because of massive orders from many small business owners and some home owners this year. They knew the oil troubles come up in the future.)

If I have the GeoThermal and solar panels now, I would have paid off my loan in four years. Then, we do not have to worry about buying more oil in the future. The GeoThermal and solar pay off themselves for us - for many years. We probably will have to pay the electricity for the GeoThermal because of the low batteries of solar panels due heavy clouds. Nothing is perfect yet.

I think that all house owners should get a GeoThermal and the solar panels, and we should screw all oil and electricity businesses that hurt us for a long time. We have enough to deal with them and the dirty politicians.

Am I correct?

Sorry, I mean how much you save money when you turn furnace off?

24/7 on furnace vs off furnace = price vs price.

I remember my wife told me about gas tank is save lot money than gas line from two years ago.

Back