Geez I called Oil Heat today!!!

Isn't it bad to leave that gasoline engine idling for long periods of time? I heard it's not good for the engine but in a diesel engine it's safer to leave it idling in long periods of time.
It only idles a short part of the time; while he runs the equipment the engine revs. He has to change engine fluids every 30 days, and do other maintenance much more frequently than normal. His particular van didn't come with a diesel option.

I found out something about solar panels that didn't occur to me before. If the house has trees overhead, solar panels aren't a good option. Not just because of the shade but because of stuff that can fall from the trees. One of our missionary families that lives in a tropical climate wanted to use solar panels for electricity because island electricity is sooooo expensive. But there are too many tall coconut trees around their house that drop coconuts (thud!) on their roof on windy days.

I found out something about solar panels that didn't occur to me before. If the house has trees overhead, solar panels aren't a good option. Not just because of the shade but because of stuff that can fall from the trees. One of our missionary families that lives in a tropical climate wanted to use solar panels for electricity because island electricity is sooooo expensive. But there are too many tall coconut trees around their house that drop coconuts (thud!) on their roof on windy days.

Damn..I have always dreamed of using garbage as our means of energy source like in the movie "Back to the Future part II". Wouldnt that just be great!

I can't stand to hear about the oil prices, but it is only way for us to find out the local oil companies for the price comparison before you order one. I would rather to use the water to run a furnace. Silly me, I know that it won't work.

My damn electric bills has gone up this summer. Last summer it was about $75 a month. Now it averages on about $95 a month! Ouch! I am NOT happy. It is hard to keep up with the electric bill but I have to do it because energy assistance will only help you once a year. Next apartment I move to, I am going to make sure the heat and central A/C are included in the rent! That will bring the electric bill down to about $40 a month.

Liebling,
You should invest in few solar panels as soon as you can.

In Australia, the Government offers rebate for people who buys solar panels as well rain tanks........

I've seen new houses with solar panels installed already.

Actual heating oil price alway change up and down. That is normal. My house use to be heating oil but no longer change to natural gas. Here show chart you can see compare past to present. Here link Home heating oil chart - AkronGas Prices

Yes, that's right. We alway order oil during between autumn and winter because of reduce prices than summer.

I am sure you never be there at countryside before. Most countryside still use oil tank for heat house, heater water,oven and fireplace.

I only use oil for all heaters, floor heating (for bathroom only) and hot water.

I use electricity for all household except fireplaces.

I use woods for fireplaces.

Unfortunlately yes, tall trees cover roof to hide from sun is no good for solar panels. If they want to save utilities use (not just electricity) then remove the trees to free for the sun to shine solar panels on the roof.

I can't stand to hear about the oil prices, but it is only way for us to find out the local oil companies for the price comparison before you order one. I would rather to use the water to run a furnace. Silly me, I know that it won't work.

:lol: I know it's sucker... Oh well.... that's why we order a lot of woods to deliver to our house for our 2 fireplaces... We use it a lot during evenings and weekends or holidays...

Liebling,
You should invest in few solar panels as soon as you can.

In Australia, the Government offers rebate for people who buys solar panels as well rain tanks........

I've seen new houses with solar panels installed already.

Yes, that's right. That's why we are planning for.

We also will get money as a subsidy from government as a "praise" for support environment-friendly.

My damn electric bills has gone up this summer. Last summer it was about $75 a month. Now it averages on about $95 a month! Ouch! I am NOT happy. It is hard to keep up with the electric bill but I have to do it because energy assistance will only help you once a year. Next apartment I move to, I am going to make sure the heat and central A/C are included in the rent! That will bring the electric bill down to about $40 a month.

Do you leave it on when you leave for work or away for a week?

Damn..I have always dreamed of using garbage as our means of energy source like in the movie "Back to the Future part II". Wouldnt that just be great!
Some power plants do use incinerated garbage to produce energy. :)

My highest bill for electricity in the past year for a month was $380..I was sick to my stomach!

Interesting about today..

I called Oil Company to question about turn off oil furnace. They said Geez.. and not good idea because if you turn off the oil furnace and not use it for more than one week…

There oil inside the pipes becomes cool and oil will be a thickened... It can cause furnace problems! As a result, Recommending leave it "ON" all the time :D :D

Back