Gas Prices-- as usual

gnarlydorkette

Reaction score
I cannot find the thread where people tell their local's average gas prices. I think DeafScuba started the thread so pardon for the repetatious themes of gas prices.

I am not sure if people are aware but the gas prices has been reached CLOSE to three bucks for the most parts of USA.

It has broken and soared WAY above three bucks here in San Diego.
Right now the average for the regular is 3.06 but the two stations near my home sells 3.19 and 3.23 per gallon for regular.

3.23$?!?!

I remembered when I was throwing a fit for 2.22$... now I WISH I have that price! It is SO ridiciolous because right now the gas companies are PROFITING twice as much than before 3 bucks.... those bastards are grinning as they are sucking away our money.

It is not fair-- our income are not supposed to devote to GAS. I am beginning to wonder if people are beginning to have the dilemma: "Food or gas? I need to drive to my work so I can AFFORD it.. but then why work to pay just for my gas which I am wasting drive to work... but it will give me a good resume, yak yak yak"....

What is your city's price?
What solution do you think we should consider??

I have spotted several emails circulating where mass people should not shop at a certain chain to force them to reduce prices. What od you think? Why targeting one company? I have heard many different stories about which company is better or worser-- e.g. Exxon is bad because they support Iraq. (Which I disagreed-- ALL gas companies used some Middle-East's oil... at least 30% of our oil supplies come from the Middle East. the rest of the world only contribute at least 1% or 3%.... Norway ranks number two, I think, with 8 or 10%... my information may be wrong since I am relying on my memory)

But at same time, the hybrid cars are still too expensive for people to buy. There is no used hybrid cars (that I know of) for an average person to purchase if one wishes to save and respect the environment... Should the car companies make something friendly, gas-wise and environment-wise, for those with a tight budget???

oh wow that lots ..

here the gas already been inscrease 109.5 arghh that too much that is not easy for that . hate to see up and down from the gas prices. :(

These gas prices have been fluctuating up and down for some time now, it's like, it'll be 10 cents higher than the day before and then it'll come down a few cents and back up...on and on which is really frivolous and surely a frustrating one at that especially with the tourist season fast approaching. This definitely will effect places that cater to tourists and depend on if prices continues to rise.

I do agree that it's high time for making some really significant changes for how we travel and get around with and depending less on foreign export, etc., whereas our own budgets won't have some sort of profound impact that could affect families, businesses in a way it'll break down. Can you even imagine the rippling effect this could be across our vast nation (USA)? I really don't want to even 'blink' for a moment what kind of impact this could do to all of us.

This definitely needs to 'end' or we'll be facing such a crisis we may have not yet seen or experienced with the likes of what's taking place now down the road.

Soooo...what good ideas, suggestions is out there? Anyone?

Btw, prices around here (Ohio) is currently hovering around at 2.89 per gal.

the best suggestion: Join and participate cooperate
with others communicating/sharing with other LOCALS
about which have the cheapest gas prices of the day
and just go to the cheapest gas station That's what
I did and found it helpful to find low gas prices
in your City

Try:
http://www.gasbuddy.com

Y said:
the best suggestion: Join and participate cooperate
with others communicating/sharing with other LOCALS
about which have the cheapest gas prices of the day
and just go to the cheapest gas station That's what
I did and found it helpful to find low gas prices
in your City

Try:
http://www.gasbuddy.com

Thank you Y !!!!!!

That would really help alots when I travel.

Heath, you're welcome ! :)

Good luck... please note that our local
gas stations prices change almost every day
so you might have to check gasbuddy.com
every time before you intend to purchase gas

NOTE: I can NOT live without gasbuddy.com
very helpful and useful website

Even though this may be a good thing to turn to, the site you presented, although, it's just a temporary one at that, yet, we do need more of a permanent solution to the impeding problem before it will really affects us all to a point of no return. ;)

Although, thanks for providing the link 'Y'.... :thumb:

yeah it getting high.. here (Illinois) 2.89 right now.

Heard will have 4.00 sometime in summer. My body would be thud on the ground if see that price. They are so idiot, they need to have gas for work, etc. It take over their paychecks, that so ridicious!

Here's 1.31 per litre.. If fill up gonna be 60bux... forget it..

Just fill up 30 bux good enough only seeing 1/2 tank.. *mumbling*~
27716005539.gif

Roadrunner said:
Even though this may be a good thing to turn to, the site you presented, although, it's just a temporary one at that, yet, we do need more of a permanent solution to the impeding problem before it will really affects us all to a point of no return. ;)

Although, thanks for providing the link 'Y'.... :thumb:

Yeah, I got your point clearly that
we actually need to find a permanent solution
about these higher gas prices.
Good Question.
No, I can NOT answer about how to resolve
these higher gas prices. How ?

How ??????

Here is between $2.81 to $3.01. According to NY Daily News (yesterday), a gas station under Brooklyn Bridge upped its gas price.. Try $4.50 a gallon. :ugh2:

:ugh2: Yesterday the gas prices here was 2.79 a gallon. Today, it's 2.86!!! That is quite a jump.

Averaging about $1.40 now. Expected to rise maybe next week to $1.60.

New excuses for the hike in gas price now. :roll:

We should follow Sweden's example.

We can follow Sweden (and the majority of European countries)'s mode of transporation ONLY if we do also follow their example of urban planning.
In Finland, there are special roads for bicycles alone while they keep the city condensed yet simple in one place so you are guaranteed to be a stone throw away from a small grocery store... but howveer for more "hip" stores, you will have to bicycle two miles or so to the "downtown" which is actually in the MIDDLE of the city. this way everybody has the equal distance to the downtown.

in America, we got highways that we cannot use to bicycle due to high-risk accidents but then our streets got too much of stoplights and disrespecting motorists when we try to share the roads. And our downtowns are not exaclty "in middle" of our cities anymore. San Diego is exploding in population and areas so the downtown is becoming "South San Diego" whereas my neighorhood is becoming the "center" of the city where strips malls and famous Q-stadium are located at.

Most of the America's urban areas are not bicycle-friendly-- even it takes a nutball to take the job of bike messenger in New York City!

So to change our nation's city planning and to improve our transporation pathways to make it accessible for bicycle and walk/run, THEN we can be independent of gas.

I'm paying the equivalent of $4.45 US a gallon. It's $1.14 a liter here in BC.

gnarlydorkette said:
I cannot find the thread where people tell their local's average gas prices. I think DeafScuba started the thread so pardon for the repetatious themes of gas prices.

I am not sure if people are aware but the gas prices has been reached CLOSE to three bucks for the most parts of USA.

It has broken and soared WAY above three bucks here in San Diego.
Right now the average for the regular is 3.06 but the two stations near my home sells 3.19 and 3.23 per gallon for regular.

3.23$?!?!

I remembered when I was throwing a fit for 2.22$... now I WISH I have that price! It is SO ridiciolous because right now the gas companies are PROFITING twice as much than before 3 bucks.... those bastards are grinning as they are sucking away our money.

It is not fair-- our income are not supposed to devote to GAS. I am beginning to wonder if people are beginning to have the dilemma: "Food or gas? I need to drive to my work so I can AFFORD it.. but then why work to pay just for my gas which I am wasting drive to work... but it will give me a good resume, yak yak yak"....

What is your city's price?
What solution do you think we should consider??

I have spotted several emails circulating where mass people should not shop at a certain chain to force them to reduce prices. What od you think? Why targeting one company? I have heard many different stories about which company is better or worser-- e.g. Exxon is bad because they support Iraq. (Which I disagreed-- ALL gas companies used some Middle-East's oil... at least 30% of our oil supplies come from the Middle East. the rest of the world only contribute at least 1% or 3%.... Norway ranks number two, I think, with 8 or 10%... my information may be wrong since I am relying on my memory)

But at same time, the hybrid cars are still too expensive for people to buy. There is no used hybrid cars (that I know of) for an average person to purchase if one wishes to save and respect the environment... Should the car companies make something friendly, gas-wise and environment-wise, for those with a tight budget???

http://www.hostmypiconline.com/images/IMG_0082.JPG

This pix of San Diego from Nov 2005.

That's pretty high quick.

Here Niles, IL (20min away from Chicago) around $3.

Well Then no more spend your money for fast food. Just homemake lunch for work. I know I am not happy with that. My home to workplace in 40miles. So I make 80 miles per day. Blah.

I have been to Minneapolis, Minnesota and that is a very bike friendly city. They have a lane reserved for bicyclers.

$1.72 per LITRE, not gallon....

I would be happy to order gasoline per gallon for $3.00 :whistle:

gnarlydorkette said:
We can follow Sweden (and the majority of European countries)'s mode of transporation ONLY if we do also follow their example of urban planning.
In Finland, there are special roads for bicycles alone while they keep the city condensed yet simple in one place so you are guaranteed to be a stone throw away from a small grocery store... but howveer for more "hip" stores, you will have to bicycle two miles or so to the "downtown" which is actually in the MIDDLE of the city. this way everybody has the equal distance to the downtown.

in America, we got highways that we cannot use to bicycle due to high-risk accidents but then our streets got too much of stoplights and disrespecting motorists when we try to share the roads. And our downtowns are not exaclty "in middle" of our cities anymore. San Diego is exploding in population and areas so the downtown is becoming "South San Diego" whereas my neighorhood is becoming the "center" of the city where strips malls and famous Q-stadium are located at.

Most of the America's urban areas are not bicycle-friendly-- even it takes a nutball to take the job of bike messenger in New York City!

So to change our nation's city planning and to improve our transporation pathways to make it accessible for bicycle and walk/run, THEN we can be independent of gas.

Yes I can understand.

Yes correct, they have bicycle-friendly in most European countries including Germany.

Back