Gally dorms

RaeRae

Reaction score
So I am going to Gally this year, and just wanted to know which freshman dorm is the worst/best?

I visited my friends there. I didn't like one thing is a big public shower room in a dorm. I do not know which dorm is the best. Good Luck.

I've never been to Gallaudet and I've never heard any reviews by any of my Gallaudet friends. So, I can't help you there... sorry. :(

Every dorm is bound to have public bathrooms. That's college life. ;)

I am former Gallaudet students and resident of freshman dorm, I can tell u whats best/whats worst, but I need to know which dorm u will live in? Ballard North or Ballard West? They are freshmen dorms with little different design such as Ballard West got public shower while North not, West's rooms little bigger than North's room (recommend u dont bring alot junkies/suitcases)... U can ask me more questions abt dorms cuz I am working SRA (Staff Resident Asst) for Clerc Hall this year and I was working at West last year...

So I am going to Gally this year, and just wanted to know which freshman dorm is the worst/best?

Depends on your age, if you are 21 or older then you will be in different dorm than Ballard.

Farewell, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I visited my friends there. I didn't like one thing is a big public shower room in a dorm. I do not know which dorm is the best. Good Luck.

then wear swimsuit or board pant before take shower.

Your 40's then you just better to live off campus, also you got degree from RIT/NTID.

Pacman

Come here. Come here. Shh. Look at hot boys in the shower room. Let's your d... hard on. Ballard West - That's where you want to live there. It will make you very happy. :slap: :cool2:

Pacman

Come here. Come here. Shh. Look at hot boys in the shower room. Let's your d... hard on. Ballard West - That's where you want to live there. It will make you very happy. :slap: :cool2:

Oh shit, mostly of students aren't gay then no thanks, lol...

If you can , go for carlin or laurent clerc dorms as they are best dorms on the campus. ballard west and north sucks as you would have to deal with inmates running around naked and lots of trash lying around.

Ballard West was known as Krug Hall back in the day while Ballard North was known as Cogswell Hall. Those are the 2 freshmen dorms at Gallaudet University. I used to reside at Cogswell Hall (Ballard North) when I was a frosh at Gallaudet. That was like over 10 years ago.

At that time, I remember Krug Hall did not have the elevator and Cogswell Hall had the elevator. I'm not sure about how it is like on today's term? It is true, Cogswell Hall's room were a bit smaller than Krug Hall's.

Just an advice - Be aware of those fire alarms. Both freshmen dorms (I guarantee) always has fire alarms going on all the time. It was crazy but then, it was fun because it gave me an excuse to take a break from studying or doing whatever I did. Maybe it is not that active as of now than it was back then when I was a student. If I recall, Gallaudet has became a bit stricter with students who tries to pull the fire alarms for no reasons other than emergencies.

Perhaps, Farewell65 can be a big help since he is still around on the campus and has updated information whereas I'm not up to date on that, ha.

Anyway, Good Luck and I sure do hope you will enjoy your time at Gallaudet just as much as I did.

Depends on your age, if you are 21 or older then you will be in different dorm than Ballard.

Farewell, please correct me if I'm wrong.

If u are 21 yrs old or up/new students, go to Benson Hall, if full then Peet Hall... If transfered students, then live in Benson Hall or Peet Hall automatically...

If you can , go for carlin or laurent clerc dorms as they are best dorms on the campus. ballard west and north sucks as you would have to deal with inmates running around naked and lots of trash lying around.

Clerc Hall are for Junior/Senior students or higher credit, while Carlin Hall are for Graduate students, special needs, wheelchair accessible, and many more... Any freshmen students automatically go to Ballard North/West for one year, after that, students can make choice which dorms they wanna...

Ballard West was known as Krug Hall back in the day while Ballard North was known as Cogswell Hall. Those are the 2 freshmen dorms at Gallaudet University. I used to reside at Cogswell Hall (Ballard North) when I was a frosh at Gallaudet. That was like over 10 years ago.

At that time, I remember Krug Hall did not have the elevator and Cogswell Hall had the elevator. I'm not sure about how it is like on today's term? It is true, Cogswell Hall's room were a bit smaller than Krug Hall's.

Just an advice - Be aware of those fire alarms. Both freshmen dorms (I guarantee) always has fire alarms going on all the time. It was crazy but then, it was fun because it gave me an excuse to take a break from studying or doing whatever I did. Maybe it is not that active as of now than it was back then when I was a student. If I recall, Gallaudet has became a bit stricter with students who tries to pull the fire alarms for no reasons other than emergencies.

Perhaps, Farewell65 can be a big help since he is still around on the campus and has updated information whereas I'm not up to date on that, ha.

Anyway, Good Luck and I sure do hope you will enjoy your time at Gallaudet just as much as I did.

Most of ur info are right... Ballard North/West are little different such as room's size, community bathroom, West got alot mischovies/prank while North not...

Abt fire alarm pulled, if its false alarm and that person will be 5 years suspension from Gallaudet, also PNG (Persona Non Grata) for 5 years that means s/he cannot visit Gallaudet campus for 5 years...

Abt fire alarm pulled, if its false alarm and that person will be 5 years suspension from Gallaudet, also PNG (Persona Non Grata) for 5 years that means s/he cannot visit Gallaudet campus for 5 years...

5 years!?

5 years!?

Yea, before Gallaudet idea new policy, there were too many fire alarm pulled by senior class, for example, class of 99 then they had to pulled for 99 times in a year, so Gallaudet set up new policy on fire alarm pull...

Yea, before Gallaudet idea new policy, there were too many fire alarm pulled by senior class, for example, class of 99 then they had to pulled for 99 times in a year, so Gallaudet set up new policy on fire alarm pull...

99 times a year! :eek: that's a lot of incidents all year and everyone would have been scattering around the campus, thinking that it was a real emergency! :giggle:

My dorm is actually Ballard West, is that a good one?

If you're a partier, then West is for you. It is definitely the louder and crazier of the freshmen dorms. North is a bit quieter, a LOT less fire alarms, and I think it's a bit cleaner.

Feel free to PM me with questions. I just completed my first year at Gally. :)

Back