Gallaudet

what made you pick Gallaudet? how did you get by without knowing ASL? did they provide terp for non-ASLer?

I remember Koko well when he came to Gally as a non-signer. Gally have provided ASL program called New Signers Program (NSP) which helps new students who lacks ASL skills.

I remember that I met him for the first time when his NSP fellow Derek and he stopped by to ask me for help at the Benson Hall Computer Lab where I worked as a PC Lab technician. I freely admit that I was having some difficulties with them cuz they had to depend on oral. At that time my oral and lipreading skills were very limited as I was very fluent in ASL. :)

ha ha at royale. i remember where the benhall computer lab was. I was disappointed in myself that i wasn't serious with computer stuff. I admit i managed to find a way to get out of it and found my good times there. :roll:

you mean Derek B? ;)

ha ha at royale. i remember where the benhall computer lab was. I was disappointed in myself that i wasn't serious with computer stuff. I admit i managed to find a way to get out of it and found my good times there. :roll:

you mean Derek B? ;)

Of course I do.

Define "normal college life." Again, a matter of perspective here. I was not your typical beer binge drinking drunks.

Wow.

Um... part of having a normal college life is experiencing the weirdness of the collective mentality. A lot of people who go to post-secondary spoke about how abnormal their experiences were.

I don't know why you have to make a cheapshot comments on a college stereotype. Makes you sound too "high and mighty" there.

The implication here was "if you didn't have a weird experience in college, then you didn't have the same experience as everyone else."

There were good times, sure. And there were some really weird times as well that I couldn't believe it.

Sure, I had good times. I bet you went to Ratsie's in college park MD. I used to order lots of fried doughs. Of course, I ordered wings too.

Indeed, there were always some really weird times that happen in everyone's lives of different ways of experiencing the life. ;)

Nope. Went all at times to the Union Station and elsewhere but not at Ratsies.

I remember Koko well when he came to Gally as a non-signer. Gally have provided ASL program called New Signers Program (NSP) which helps new students who lacks ASL skills.

I remember that I met him for the first time when his NSP fellow Derek and he stopped by to ask me for help at the Benson Hall Computer Lab where I worked as a PC Lab technician. I freely admit that I was having some difficulties with them cuz they had to depend on oral. At that time my oral and lipreading skills were very limited as I was very fluent in ASL. :)

ah interesting. Koko - 3 years.... that's a long time. How come you didn't take opportunity to learn ASL to be fluent in it?

Wow.

Um... part of having a normal college life is experiencing the weirdness of the collective mentality. A lot of people who go to post-secondary spoke about how abnormal their experiences were.

I don't know why you have to make a cheapshot comments on a college stereotype. Makes you sound too "high and mighty" there.

The implication here was "if you didn't have a weird experience in college, then you didn't have the same experience as everyone else."

Please get a grip on yourself. I was asking exactly what do you define as a "normal college life." Doesn't hurt to ask.

Nope. Went all at times to the Union Station and elsewhere but not at Ratsies.

Have you tried the Fat Tues. at union station?
I know Fat Tues was gone for good and now it becomes johnny rockets restaurant.

It was before. I graduated in 1991.

As I said, nothing wrong with partying but to let it get out of control, get drunk and start vomiting all over the place and passing out in hallways and such, then that kind of partying is simply reckless.

I think alot of college have parties like that. The life of college :) They all are crazy. Even my hearing husband says the college he went was crazy and wild.

It was before. I graduated in 1991.

As I said, nothing wrong with partying but to let it get out of control, get drunk and start vomiting all over the place and passing out in hallways and such, then that kind of partying is simply reckless.

Thank god I have never had cleaned someone else's pukes. :shock:

Back