Gallaudet under fire after official placed on leave over ballot signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suppose if I have gay friends but I don't like the idea of gay marriage, I don't think that it means I am anti-gay since I still have gay friends.

It is depending on individuals, they could say - "Why are you don't support gay marriage or equality marriage?" "You are homophonic!" "You are anti-gay" "You don't understand about gay marriage" "You are bigot or backward" so many phrases can used to call.

For me, in real life, not internet forum, I will just say... ugh, that's okay and I don't want people's belief to imposed on government. I used "anti-gay" in some cases on internet forums.

If you oppose gay marriage so it make anti-gay organizations and their attitude become more stronger, that where they oppose all types of homosexuality and attack on gay people. There are plenty of my families are conservative and they support gay marriage because they believe that gay people should make own choice with their life instead getting control with their life.

:confused: I wasn't "debating" with you....I accepted your statement. You say Most gays think that no matter how much a person supports gay rights, if they do not support gay marriage they are deemed anti-gay by the gay community.

I said ok....I will spread the word. That's not debating.

I'm going changing my way.

That's OK that you don't believe in gay marriage only and you are not anti-gay.

Happy now?

Honest with you, I don't like people who try to impose their belief that used to against on us and try to control our life.

That is an interesting way of doing things.

"You have been accused of exercising your constitutional rights, you are hearby placed on administrative leave while we investigate"

Is that what they said?

Stein said early that he knows the faculty member that confronted McCaskill and then reported this. He said this kind of thing was common from them.

I would take it with a very very very tiny grain of salt. Filing a formal complaint is confidential. I'm wondering how does he know who. Maybe I missed it somewhere where an article mentioned a name of complainant.

I'm going changing my way.

That's OK that you don't believe in gay marriage only and you are not anti-gay.

Happy now?

Honest with you, I don't like people who try to impose their belief that used to against on us and try to control our life.

I was accepting of you belief before. You are entitled to your beliefs....whatever they are. America is cool like that.

I was accepting of you belief before. You are entitled to your beliefs....whatever they are. America is cool like that.

Ok, no problem and you are correct about my belief.

Let me help you.... it was mentioned here quite a handful of times. here it is again -

Statement from Gallaudet University President T. Alan Hurwitz regarding the Chief Diversity Officer:
"I want to inform the community that I have placed Dr. Angela McCaskill on paid administrative leave effective immediately. It recently came to my attention that Dr. McCaskill has participated in a legislative initiative that some feel is inappropriate for an individual serving as Chief Diversity Officer; however, other individuals feel differently. I will use the extended time while she is on administrative leave to determine the appropriate next steps taking into consideration the duties of this position at the university. In the meantime an interim Chief Diversity Officer will be announced in the near future."

For me, in real life, not internet forum, I will just say... ugh, that's okay and I don't want people's belief to imposed on government. I used "anti-gay" in some cases on internet forums.

I'm not sure what you mean here. In this country(United States), people's belief IS the government.

It would be nice if the government were impartial, but that's not reality. Our government exists because it is a reality we will disagree.

Just like Capitalism, you don't thank the baker for his bread because the baker is just looking out for his own self interest, this is what makes our economy work. Rigging the game against itself is what we do best.

Off Topic: You know, if DeafCaroline were here she'd have more than a few sentences for this forum.

I would take it with a very very very tiny grain of salt. Filing a formal complaint is confidential. I'm wondering how does he know who. Maybe I missed it somewhere where an article mentioned a name of complainant.

Hardly confidential. The faculty member confronted McCaskill before complaining. I have no reason to doubt what Stein said. If you do, that is your prerogative.

Hardly confidential. The faculty member confronted McCaskill before complaining. I have no reason to doubt what Stein said. If you do, that is your prerogative.

so that person was the one who filed a formal complaint against McCaskill?

so that person was the one who filed a formal complaint against McCaskill?

:dunno:

As first reported in the blog Planet DeafQueer, “a Gallaudet faculty member, who at this time wishes to remain anonymous, noticed Dr. McCaskill’s name, address and signature on the anti-gay marriage petition (published by the Washington Blade) and inquired about it. When confronted by the faculty member, Dr. McCaskill confirmed that she had in fact signed the petition and explained that she had done so while at church, after her preacher had preached against gay marriage. As she was leaving, her husband pointed to the petition and she signed it without giving it further thought.”

Opponents of gay marriage gathered enough signatures to place Question 6 on Maryland’s ballot in November. Voters will decide whether uphold the Civil Marriage Protection Act passed by the state legislature and signed by Gov. Martin O’Malley. If approved by voters, the law would extend marriage rights to same sex couples in the Free State.

After learning of McCaskill’s participation, an official complaint was reportedly filed with the University last week by the anonymous faculty member.

Angela McCaskill placed on administrative leave from Gallaudet | WJLA.com

Stein said early that he knows the faculty member that confronted McCaskill and then reported this. He said this kind of thing was common from them.

Very common. The "modus operandi".

That is an interesting way of doing things.

"You have been accused of exercising your constitutional rights, you are hearby placed on administrative leave while we investigate"

That is precisely why the Governor of Maryland told Gallaudet to reinstate Dr. McCaskill, and representatives of both sides of this debate have said the same.

And, if you will notice, Dr. McCaskill has been gracious enough to not throw this person under the bus. However, the person filing the report had no qualms throwing not only Dr. McCaskill, but her entire family, under the bus.

She has already taken the high road and is protecting the person who filed the complaint.
no... it's not because she has taken a high road..... it's because it's illegal to reveal such confidential information and she would be subjected to both criminal and civil liability.

no... it's not because she has taken a high road..... it's because it's illegal to reveal such confidential information and she would be subjected to both criminal and civil liability.

Have you perhaps read the DC code mentioned earlier in this thread? When pressing criminal charges against someone, that information becomes public.

Have you perhaps read the DC code mentioned earlier in this thread? When pressing criminal charges against someone, that information becomes public.

so has criminal charged been filed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back