Gallaudet under fire after official placed on leave over ballot signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
diversity should also include both people who are against gay marriage and people who support gay marriage.

for example, italian people can't get married because they are italian. that does apply to gay people. jeez

even though if they are diversity, not with gallaudet.

Many gay people provides so wonderful things in life while other diversity DONT.

if somebody filed a formal complaint against her, what do you think how it should be handled?

It depends on if the formal complaint had merit. The complaint that was filed, as I understand it, did not have any merit. It should have been dismissed immediately (i.e. Under the D.C. Code, it is a criminal violation for "[a]ny person who ... by threats or intimidation, interferes with, or attempts to interfere with, the right of any qualified registered elector to sign or not to sign any initiative, referendum, or recall petition." The sentence for violating the provision can be up to a $10,000 fine and a year in prison.) Gallaudet Suspension Could Mean A Lawsuit

If the formal complaint had merit - it should be brought before the board of trustees when directed at a member of the faculty. Especially a senior faculty member.

"McCaskill's office is charged with providing support for minority groups at the university, including homosexual and other sexually confused students, and from all reports she was doing a satisfactory job. PlanetDeafQueer.com, a website catering to deaf homosexuals, reported that according to university sources, “Dr. McCaskill has been an ardent supporter of Gallaudet’s LGBTQA Resource Center, which was formed in October 2010 and is part of the Office of Diversity and Equity for Students.”

The deaf homosexual website quoted an anonymous university staff member as saying that “in her role as Chief Diversity Officer, Dr. McCaskill has made many advances for deaf people of color, LGBT, and other minorities at Gallaudet.” And a student at the school was quoted as saying that McCaskill has been “a great ally to the LGBT community and supported many of the LGBTQA Resource Center’s programs.”

It appears to me that she has been very diverse and fair to all parties! She should be reinstated immediately. If she is fired her rights will have been violated. I'm considering writing the school myself.

for example, italian people can't get married because they are italian. that does apply to gay people. jeez

even though if they are diversity, not with gallaudet.

Many gay people provides so wonderful things in life while other diversity DONT.

no that's not the same thing. I do understand from both sides' views of marriage but diversity should include both sides.

it is very clear that McCaskill was placed on leave because they're just doing it by the book when somebody filed a formal complaint against her. The administration has to investigate whether or not if she neglected her job.

looking at how Gally students like her very much, I think she will be back to job soon but we'll see tomorrow when she explains herself at press conference.

"McCaskill's office is charged with providing support for minority groups at the university, including homosexual and other sexually confused students, and from all reports she was doing a satisfactory job. PlanetDeafQueer.com, a website catering to deaf homosexuals, reported that according to university sources, “Dr. McCaskill has been an ardent supporter of Gallaudet’s LGBTQA Resource Center, which was formed in October 2010 and is part of the Office of Diversity and Equity for Students.”

The deaf homosexual website quoted an anonymous university staff member as saying that “in her role as Chief Diversity Officer, Dr. McCaskill has made many advances for deaf people of color, LGBT, and other minorities at Gallaudet.” And a student at the school was quoted as saying that McCaskill has been “a great ally to the LGBT community and supported many of the LGBTQA Resource Center’s programs.”

It appears to me that she has been very diverse and fair to all parties! She should be reinstated immediately. If she is fired her rights will have been violated. I'm considering writing the school myself.

Thank you - I am going to be writing you an email about my experiences there that could share some light on this - actually - you should just ask my dad (he knows all the details).

no that's not the same thing. I do understand from both sides' views of marriage but diversity should include both sides.

it is very clear that McCaskill was placed on leave because they're just doing it by the book when somebody filed a formal complaint against her. The administration has to investigate whether or not if she neglected her job.

looking at how Gally students like her very much, I think she will be back to job soon but we'll see tomorrow when she explains herself at press conference.

I understand what you are saying. I am just stunned that if its real she did sign that petition. It is SO ODD for her to work at gallaudet. It is so bizarre.

Right. We will see what she is going to say at press conference tomorrow.

It depends on if the formal complaint had merit. The complaint that was filed, as I understand it, did not have any merit. It should have been dismissed immediately (i.e. Under the D.C. Code, it is a criminal violation for "[a]ny person who ... by threats or intimidation, interferes with, or attempts to interfere with, the right of any qualified registered elector to sign or not to sign any initiative, referendum, or recall petition." The sentence for violating the provision can be up to a $10,000 fine and a year in prison.) Gallaudet Suspension Could Mean A Lawsuit

If the formal complaint had merit - it should be brought before the board of trustees when directed at a member of the faculty.

1. she is not suspended
2. there's no violation of D.C. code
3. whether or not if the complaint has any merit - that's not up to you. that's up to Gally administration
4. failing to investigate a formal complaint filed against senior administration official against is a clear violation of Title VI and IX which can result in loss of federal funding and criminal investigation.

where is the proof McCaskill was intimidated or threatened by Gally administration? exactly how was she intimidated or threatened? I'm sorry but Pastor's word is not an evidence.

1. she is not suspended
2. there's no violation of D.C. code
3. whether or not if the complaint has any merit - that's not up to you. that's up to Gally administration
4. failing to investigate a formal complaint filed against senior administration official against is a clear violation of Title VI and IX which can result in loss of federal funding and criminal investigation.

where is the proof McCaskill was intimidated or threatened by Gally administration? exactly how was she intimidated or threatened? I'm sorry but Pastor's word is not an evidence.

She was "disciplined" for her political and religious views. That is a DC code violation. An attempt to thwart this is laughable at best.

You are also leaving out a crucial element to the DC code - "interferes with, or attempts to interfere with"

If the formal complaint had merit - it should be brought before the board of trustees when directed at a member of the faculty. Especially a senior faculty member.

Odd that you posted this right now. I just got through speaking with an Election Attorney on the east coast. This guy has argued before the Supreme Court. He stated very adamantly that Gallaudet has violated criminal law just by placing McCaskill on leave unless they have evidence that McCaskill's political views affected her job performance. He also said that if the faculty members does have a history of causing trouble like this, they have also violated criminal law. Prosecutors would have to show that the faculty member had a history though and that this was not a valid inquiry.

BTW, He also pointed out that Gallaudet is in DC but the petition for ballot initiative is in Maryland. He said this creates a significant legal hurdle for the school, very likely the biggest hurdle.

You made very logical statement. :thumb:

She was "disciplined" for her political and religious views. That is a DC code violation. An attempt to thwart this is laughable at best.

You are also leaving out a crucial element to the DC code - "interferes with, or attempts to interfere with"

1. where did it say she was disciplined?
2. where did it say Gally interfered or intimidated her?
3. where where where?

Who will be criminally charged? Gallaudet University is university institution and it doesn't have person name.

The administration side of Gallaudet is very complicated, so same goes to other universities.

Who will be criminally charged? Gallaudet University is university institution and it doesn't have person name.

The administration side of Gallaudet is very complicated, so same goes to other universities.

Gallaudet University. the law recognizes any corporation/organization as a single entity which is why people can sue them.

1. where did it say she was disciplined?
2. where did it say Gally interfered or intimidated her?
3. where where where?

Odd that you posted this right now. I just got through speaking with an Election Attorney on the east coast. This guy has argued before the Supreme Court. He stated very adamantly that Gallaudet has violated criminal law just by placing McCaskill on leave unless they have evidence that McCaskill's political views affected her job performance. He also said that if the faculty members does have a history of causing trouble like this, they have also violated criminal law. Prosecutors would have to show that the faculty member had a history though and that this was not a valid inquiry.

TXgolfer's post was plain as day to me :dunno:

Gallaudet University. the law recognizes any corporation/organization as a single entity which is why people can sue them.

Based on criminal charge? Could Gallaudet University goes to prison? :ugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back