Gallaudet under fire after official placed on leave over ballot signature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who elect the government? It is from voters, including you and Steinhauer.

That's not cool when you imposed your belief on us so I blame on politicians and voters to make gay marriage as political issue. The marriage, regardless on sex orientation, is very personal decision. :mad:
In our country, there are many restrictions on marriage. Those restrictions were made by our legislators.

"Gay marriage" wasn't even a question until recently because the very term was an oxymoron in the past. The very term "marriage" meant the legal pairing of a husband (man) and wife (woman). If there was no husband or no wife, then it wasn't a marriage. It was taken for granted that a marriage meant one man and one woman, so there was no need to have that codified. People had other relationships but they couldn't be called legal marriages.

You have NO rights to determine the marriage since it is PERSONAL DECISION.

It is just like you are imposing your belief on me, that's no no.

What you are saying is that "politics shouldn't be a part of marriage" and that is certainly a view held by many. But that doesn't change the fact that currently gay marriage is a political issue.

In our country, there are many restrictions on marriage. Those restrictions were made by our legislators.

"Gay marriage" wasn't even a question until recently because the very term was an oxymoron in the past. The very term "marriage" meant the legal pairing of a husband (man) and wife (woman). If there was no husband or no wife, then it wasn't a marriage. It was taken for granted that a marriage meant one man and one woman, so there was no need to have that codified. People had other relationships but they couldn't be called legal marriages.

First - let look: the heterosexual couples are allowed to marry, but heterosexual couples are not allowed to marry in many states, that's very unfair for us to not allowed to married, to take advantages of benefits.

Gay marriage has been around for decades and the definition of marriage in dictionary include homosexual couples.

That's not redefinition, it is just expand the marriage to include gay and lesbian couples (make apply to all sex orientation), so you and Reba are UNAFFECTED by law change, and it isn't ok for you to impose your belief on us.
It is a redefinition.

Marriage is between one man (the husband) and one woman (the wife).

Those who believe in marriage the way it's been defined since the first marriage, see "gay marriage" as an imposition of others beliefs on them. That is, I don't believe it's OK for you to impose your beliefs on me.

What you are saying is that "politics shouldn't be a part of marriage" and that is certainly a view held by many. But that doesn't change the fact that currently gay marriage is a political issue.

You and other voters should be ashamed to make gay marriage as political issue, since it is personal decision between couple. :roll:

It is a redefinition.

Marriage is between one man (the husband) and one woman (the wife).

Those who believe in marriage the way it's been defined since the first marriage, see "gay marriage" as an imposition of others beliefs on them. That is, I don't believe it's OK for you to impose your beliefs on me.

No, that's not redefinition, it is EXPAND the marriage to include same sex couples.

The expansion of marriage to include same sex couples are not personal belief, so it make fair for people, regardless on sex orientation. Having same sex marriage isn't going affect you, so stop use religious reason as excuse and that's civil marriage, not religious marriage. You obviously imposed your belief on me because you PREVENTED me from getting marriage license.

You and other voters should be ashamed to make gay marriage as political issue, since it is personal decision between couple. :roll:

I wasn't expressing an opinion. Merely stating that as of now, gay marriage is a political issue.

I wasn't expressing an opinion. Merely stating that as of now, gay marriage is a political issue.

I disagree with you because I don't see gay marriage as political issue, but you made it as political issue.

First - let look: the heterosexual couples are allowed to marry, but heterosexual couples are not allowed to marry in many states, that's very unfair for us to not allowed to married, to take advantages of benefits.

Gay marriage has been around for decades and the definition of marriage in dictionary include homosexual couples.
That is not correct.

I just pulled down Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary (1977 edition) from my bookshelf.

Marriage (noun):
1 a. the state of being married
b. the mutual relation of husband and wife
c. the institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family
2. an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; the marriage ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3. an intimate or close union (ex: the marriage of painting and poetry)

That is not correct.

I just pulled down Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary (1977 edition) from my bookshelf.

Marriage (noun):
1 a. the state of being married
b. the mutual relation of husband and wife
c. the institution whereby men and women are joined in a special kind of social and legal dependence for the purpose of founding and maintaining a family
2. an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; the marriage ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3. an intimate or close union (ex: the marriage of painting and poetry)

I found the definition in other dictionary, so it does include same sex marriage.

1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage <same-sex marriage>

b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock

c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

2: an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities

3: an intimate or close union <the marriage of painting and poetry — J. T. Shawcross>

From Merriam-Webster.

The dictionary INCLUDE the definition of marriage that cover same sex marriage.

I disagree with you because I don't see gay marriage as political issue, but you made it as political issue.
Obviously it's political or else it wouldn't be the subject of petitions (the subject of this thread), or state ballots.

Obviously it's political or else it wouldn't be the subject of petitions (the subject of this thread), or state ballots.

Yes because you already made as political issue, that's not good for all people, regardless on sex orientation, so now, people are using political method to legalize the gay marriage or ban the gay marriage.

There are several states legalized the marriage to include same sex couples and it is still growing over time.

There was nothing to disagree with, it wasn't an opinion. Currently politicians are debating the issue, currently laws are being drafted on the issue. Currently there are votes being held on the issue. Therefore, CURRENTLY this IS a political issue.

There was nothing to disagree with, it wasn't an opinion. Currently politicians are debating the issue, currently laws are being drafted on the issue. Currently there are votes being held on the issue. Therefore, CURRENTLY this IS a political issue.

I'm just making personal statement - I said that gay marriage should be not political issue, but you made it as political issue.

I'm just making personal statement - I said that gay marriage should be not political issue, but you made it as political issue.

Exactly what I said several posts ago..(#623)... You don't believe it SHOULD be a political issue......that doesn't change the fact that it IS a political issue.

Yes because you already made as political issue, that's not good for all people, regardless on sex orientation, so now, people are using political method to legalize the gay marriage or ban the gay marriage.

There are several states legalized the marriage to include same sex couples and it is still growing over time.
No, I didn't make it a political issue. I was perfectly satisfied with the way marriage was defined in America. It was made a political issue by those who wanted to redefine marriage into something that it wasn't.

Just because a movement is growing doesn't mean it's automatically a good thing. Lots of things "grow" with terrible results.

Exactly what I said several post ago..... You don't believe it SHOULD be a political issue......that doesn't change the fact that it IS a political issue.

That's very, very sad to see to make gay marriage as political issue. :roll:

No, I didn't make it a political issue. I was perfectly satisfied with the way marriage was defined in America. It was made a political issue by those who wanted to redefine marriage into something that it wasn't.

Just because a movement is growing doesn't mean it's automatically a good thing. Lots of things "grow" with terrible results.

I disagree with entire of your post, so you entitled to your opinion.

I'm already prevented from getting marriage license in many states because your belief already imposed on me and there is other plan to have a big match. :roll:

I found the definition in other dictionary, so it does include same sex marriage.

From Merriam-Webster.

The dictionary INCLUDE the definition of marriage that cover same sex marriage.
That proves that marriage was redefined.

Also, what year is your source? Was it "decades" ago, like mine? I doubt it.

That proves that marriage was redefined.

Also, what year is your source? Was it "decades" ago, like mine? I doubt it.

I disagree - that's not redefinition because the definition of marriage between man and woman are unchanged, but they added same sex marriage as expansion.

You misunderstood my post about "decades". I don't say that same sex marriage has been part of marriage in dictionary for decades, but I said that gay marriage has been around in the world for decades now, but that's not from dictionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back