Gallaudet and CI

studlyspam said:
Hello :) I was just at Gallaudet for a seminar last weekend and one of my colleagues teaches German there. She was telling me a story about a girl who started up a support group for students with cochlear implants, so you might want to ask about the group! I also found this on the website and it might be useful:

http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/CIEC/services.html

Good luck with your studies :)
They did that here at NTID. I don't know how it's going though. :dunno:

Not sure :/

VamPyroX said:
They did that here at NTID. I don't know how it's going though. :dunno:

I honestly couldn't say either :/ I was only there for the weekend. But my colleague did say that the girl seemed more chipper afterward :) I guess she was hiding her ci under her hair before and the next time she saw her she had it up in a ponytail :)

I think it is pretty sad that some students treat each other poorly based on their hearing level, but I guess I shouldn't talk, because I don't know much about it. Hopefully awareness and support groups like these will improve the situation!

SxyPorkie said:
No.... you only graduated from high school.. not much with deaf events like GALLAUDET.. you still have lots lots lots to learn.... you are not stupid but you are still GREEN ... You know nothing about all healthcare,,SSDI,,,, you only know about SSI and medicaid,,,, you are still learning,,, I am much older and been there whole lot,, more than you did...
SxyPorkie

Excuse me, How come about not experience about life? You are totally pathetic, even worse than Buckdodgers. I had alot of experience about my life for long time, such as computer, sidekick, fashion, health insurance and even more other thing. I know that you are Sweetmind clone and started serious debate about CI, also you insulted me for no reason. Who cares if call naive and you don't have experience in some part.

You never meet me, or not know about me then shut up.

volcomskatz said:
Excuse me, How come about not experience about life? You are totally pathetic, even worse than Buckdodgers. I had alot of experience about my life for long time, such as computer, sidekick, fashion, health insurance and even more other thing. I know that you are Sweetmind clone and started serious debate about CI, also you insulted me for no reason. Who cares if call naive and you don't have experience in some part.

You never meet me, or not know about me then shut up.

Yes you are NAIVE... you just im me on aim asking me about sk2 you asked me stupid questions....
SxyPorkie

Volcomskatz, you are very Naive at this point in your life. It has nothing to do with intelligence. You simply haven't lived long enough to have the life experiences that some of the older members here have had. As far as you information regarding Gallaudet is concerned: you are mistaken. I also am hearing and have been accepted into their graduate program. Perhaps you should request an undergraduate catalogue from the admisssions dept. and read about entrance requirements for incoming freshman and transfer students.

All SxyPorkie was trying to do was correct you on your mistaken information. There was no need to get so defensive. You will have a difficult time in college if you are too defensive to allow yourself to be corrected when you are wrong.

SxyPorkie said:
Yes you are NAIVE... you just im me on aim asking me about sk2 you asked me stupid questions....
SxyPorkie

You called me an naive then you are naive too but nobody are perfect.

You don't make any sense about Sidekick 2. :whistle:

You called me an naive then you are naive too but nobody are perfect.

You don't make any sense about Sidekick 2. :whistle:

Off-topic! There will always be a few unpleasant people, but fortunately the key-word is "few". I'm sure Galludent is attended by far more "nice people" than "meanies".

Off-topic! There will always be a few unpleasant people, but fortunately the key-word is "few". I'm sure Galludent is attended by far more "nice people" than "meanies".

The meanies wont take up any more than 2 percent of the whole deaf population. Thanks to their collective childishness, it's getting smaller faster now.

Richard

Oral, Deaf, blah ....

Back in '89 or '90 There was a guy who wears hearing aids often talked behind the hearing graduate student's back in the laundry room of the dorm at Gallaudet. He made so many nasty things about her being an hearing person and blah blah. It disgusted me so much. Well look at that guy who wears hearing aids often. Just because he wants to hear? It confused me.. I grew up oral myself - At Gally, I was given a hard time by several Deaf students who were raised in the Deaf school or Deaf family. I simply ignored them and that is their problem - not me. Today many thought I went to the school for the Deaf bec of my ASL. LoL. I remember a very few students tended to hide their CI during my Gallaudet time. I didn't like the idea of CI but today I respect their decision. However I have never liked the idea the small Deaf children are being forced to get CI. I am back off and let their parents to decide.

I feel comfy in reading SkyPorkie's comments because she is wise and experienced. Hee hehe :wave:

Dino

Hey.. who are gallaudet students presently, what is the community at gallaudet like toward cochlear implant user?

I was just in myspace, and suddenly got worried about people at gallaudet and me wearing a ci.. i know i am such a paranoid freak, but curious about it..
well im not apart of the school. i want to be tho. but if i were you i wouldn't care what other people think. i mean. you wear a c.i. so what? it doesn't make you any different than them. you are you. they can't change that and they can't hate you because of just some mechanical device.

Back