Gallaudet and CI

angelstar819 said:
...try covering ur CI with ur hair or sumthing n u can easily blend in the whole crowd..if not, u prolly would get pretty bad looks from the deafies..
Wow, that is sad. :(

SxyPorkie said:
CI'ers can be students at Gallaudet.. they are all deaf... It is no big deal.. Even hearing students goes there....

SxyPorkie

You know about deaf people in Gallaudet seems nothing to do with other students who have CI.

Sweetmind is unbanned then you need greet her and welcome to discuss about HA.

Thank you!!
Volcomskatz

deafdyke said:
Thank you jillo!!!! Yeah, some signer seperatists can turn off oralists, I readily admit that, but I think that the orgin of that attitude lies with audist oralists. Does that make any sense?

Makes perfect sense to me, Deafdyke--even though it appears to be convoluted logic!

volcomskatz said:
You know about deaf people in Gallaudet seems nothing to do with other students who have CI.

Sweetmind is unbanned then you need greet her and welcome to discuss about HA.

Thank you!!
Volcomskatz

Jeez ... again thats where you are wrong again... colleges and high schools are different... Gallaudet university would accept CI'ers because they are under the category of deafness.... it makes no difference... lots of hearing students attend there...
You have lots lots of learnings.. You just graduated from high school not enough experiences in real world... :hyper:
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
Jeez ... again thats where you are wrong again... colleges and high schools are different... Gallaudet university would accept CI'ers because they are under the category of deafness.... it makes no difference... lots of hearing students attend there...
You have lots lots of learnings.. You just graduated from high school not enough experiences in real world... :hyper:
SxyPorkie

That's BS because people are required to be at 75 dbs of hearing loss to attend Gallaudet because I got information from Gallaudet about attendance but relationship between students with no CI and students with CI are so-so because they have reason in their views, just like Heath who hate gay people then it's his views, also same thing with opinion. I KNOW that both of high school and university are different BUT... Gallaudent is tends to be almost same as deaf school does with alot of deaf students and some are HoH.

I have alot of experiences in the world, of course then stop bash me.

Leave me alone and I don't want hear your shit to insult my intelligence.

volcomskatz said:
That's BS because people are required to be at 75 dbs of hearing loss to attend Gallaudet because I got information from Gallaudet about attendance but relationship between students with no CI and students with CI are so-so because they have reason in their views, just like Heath who hate gay people then it's his views, also same thing with opinion. I KNOW that both of high school and university are different BUT... Gallaudent is tends to be almost same as deaf school does with alot of deaf students and some are HoH.

Leave me alone and I don't want hear your shit to insult my intelligence.

There is not a 75 db requirement for Gally students. Case and point: I'm entering as an undergraduate student and I'm hearing.

How much time have you spent at Gallaudet? How are your connections with faculty, staff and students on campus? Are you sure that your assumptions regarding the general attitude towards those with implants is correct?

SxyPorkie said:
SxyPorkie

BINGO! Over 50% of graduate students there are hearing.

ayala920 said:
There is not a 75 db requirement for Gally students. Case and point: I'm entering as an undergraduate student and I'm hearing.

How much time have you spent at Gallaudet? How are your connections with faculty, staff and students on campus? Are you sure that your assumptions regarding the general attitude towards those with implants is correct?

I don't believe what you said.

ayala920 said:
BINGO! Over 50% of graduate students there are hearing.

That's BS unless if count for HoH students.

If hearing people and don't know how to use sign language then can't attend.

volcomskatz said:

Leave me alone and I don't want hear your shit to insult my intelligence.[/QUOT

WRONG!!! you need to research some more deeper.... lots of hearing students attended there in Gallaudet.... I was born and raised in virginia and graduated from VSDB about two hours drive to Washington D.C.
SxyPorkie

To enter Gallaudet hearing students must have knowledges of sign langauges... LOOK at ayala she or he is hearing and is entering Gallaudet... You are still very young and just graduated from high school.... YOU MUST GO AND LEARN ABOUT REAL LIFE .. GO TO GALLAUDET YOU WILL FIND OUT... WAKE UP!!!! volcomskatz
My daughter went to Gallaudet for 4 yrs.. she said that lots of hearing teachers teach the class in Gallaudet...
You are only 18 yrs old.. You have lots lots lots to learn throughout life I mean in real life..."WAKE UP AND SMELL COFFEE"!!!!

SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
To enter Gallaudet hearing students must have knowledges of sign langauges... LOOK at ayala she or he is hearing and is entering Gallaudet... You are still very young and just graduated from high school.... YOU MUST GO AND LEARN ABOUT REAL LIFE .. GO TO GALLAUDET YOU WILL FIND OUT... WAKE UP!!!! volcomskatz
SxyPorkie

Full of ASL?

volcomskatz said:
Full of ASL?
YES.....you made me very angry....I have more experiences in life than you... You had not much experiences..... You will find out that I am right...
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
YES.....you made me very angry....I have more experiences in life than you... You had not much experiences..... You will find out that I am right...
SxyPorkie

Excuse me, I have alot of experience in my life except for some part of deaf issues.

You make me pissed off for insult my intelligence.

volcomskatz said:
Excuse me, I have alot of experience in my life except for some part of deaf issues.

You make me pissed off for insult my intelligence.

No.... you only graduated from high school.. not much with deaf events like GALLAUDET.. you still have lots lots lots to learn.... you are not stupid but you are still GREEN ... You know nothing about all healthcare,,SSDI,,,, you only know about SSI and medicaid,,,, you are still learning,,, I am much older and been there whole lot,, more than you did...
SxyPorkie

SxyPorkie said:
No.... you only graduated from high school.. not much with deaf events like GALLAUDET.. you still have lots lots lots to learn.... you are not stupid but you are still GREEN ... You know nothing about all healthcare,,SSDI,,,, you only know about SSI and medicaid,,,, you are still learning,,, I am much older and been there whole lot,, more than you did...
SxyPorkie

What? Quit to insult me.

volcomskatz said:
That's BS unless if count for HoH students.

If hearing people and don't know how to use sign language then can't attend.

You don't have to believe me, that's fine. Maybe you'd believe Gallaudet's enrollment statistics for Spring 2006. If you look on page 2 you'll see that there are approximately 24 hearing undergraduate students, roughly 2% of the total population. If you look at graduate students, you'll notice that 204 out of 378, or roughly 54%, are hearing.

Now, you can continue to call me a liar, or you can be an adult and admit you were wrong.

ayala920 said:
You don't have to believe me, that's fine. Maybe you'd believe Gallaudet's enrollment statistics for Spring 2006. If you look on page 2 you'll see that there are approximately 24 hearing undergraduate students, roughly 2% of the total population. If you look at graduate students, you'll notice that 204 out of 378, or roughly 54%, are hearing.

Now, you can continue to call me a liar, or you can be an adult and admit you were wrong.

ok... ok... ok... One member already explained so deeper about Gallaudet then enough...

Support Group

Hello :) I was just at Gallaudet for a seminar last weekend and one of my colleagues teaches German there. She was telling me a story about a girl who started up a support group for students with cochlear implants, so you might want to ask about the group! I also found this on the website and it might be useful:

http://clerccenter.gallaudet.edu/CIEC/services.html

Good luck with your studies :)

Back