Funny Thing About Rush Limbaugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your first two replies seem to cancel each other out. Should I go to jail, or not? Hmmm....
You have taken the stage here to post support for open drug use. They do have this system, in limited use, over in Amsterdam. Anyhow, my point does not matter. I find it impossible to reason with unreasonable people. We disagree. Feel free to get the final words in. Have a nice day.

dude, I have no problem with you or your past.

Answer my question honestly, do you feel any guilt about your past drug use? Lets say for example, when you was young and dumb you held up a gas station. That would be different, right?

my whole argument is how absurd it is for drug use to be a crime.

yes. I do support carte blanche legalization with restrictions.

If I was King it would be like this. All drugs would be legal, but you would have to take classes on drugs. Learn about proper dosages for different weights, potential fatal drug combinations, side effects, what to do in an event of overdose, etc. Like what a nurse would know. Then after you pass this test and get your license you can buy what ever you want and do whatever you want inside your own home. This way the user makes an informed decision.

Meanwhile, tax the drugs and put the money in a fund to pay for rehab. So if someone becomes addicted, they have a resource to help them, paid for by the sales of the drug. Also, drugs would not be advertised or glamorized in the media. They would be available but hush hush.

Seriously its nuts. Pushers in middle school were trying to sell me illegal drugs, they never pushed alcohol or cigarettes. And that is what the drug war fails at. Keep drugs away from children. It seems to have an opposite effect.

dude, I have no problem with you or your past.Thank you. I was thinking you had an issue with just me.

Answer my question honestly, do you feel any guilt about your past drug use? I will just give you the nutshell. I have absolute huge regret. I did nothing criminal at the time except buying and using drugs. I did not drive, steal, or any of those types of things. What I did do was waste an opportunity to make a bigger difference in the world than I have done. I smoked dope for over 35 years. I accomplished nothing during this time, except to master Playstation, Nintendo, and a few other stay at home things. I did not educate. I did not progress. I sat stupified in a chair. I was given a gift at birth, and did not use it. I am not advocating my lifestyle. I am in favor of legalized marijuana use, even though that seems to contradict what I have done with myself. I know it was wrong for me, but I cannot rule everyone to be as unassertive as I was. But to favor legalized crack cocaine or meth, even in the privacy of someone's home? Not gonna get me to approve. There is always a cost to these freedoms. You have to provide me with a much better reason than "it is the person's decision" because those decisions affect me and you and all the people that live and work with those adults that choose to be stoned. I have seen the results.

my whole argument is how absurd it is for drug use to be a crime.
I still await your entire drug policy. Totally legal, all drugs? Or a bit less than that? In the home only? With children present? (added that I now see your policy)

Last edited:
Liebling made a good point in another thread....

Do not post assumptions without facts

Learn something new everyday.

It's a "manufactured" fact with no outside evidence to support it. Note that he didn't say WHAT KIND OF autoimmune disease he has. He just claims he has "autoimmune disease." Meniere's Disease is a known autoimmune disease and can be extremely distibliating... but Rush said nothing about vertigo, dizziness, or anything else. That makes me question his "fact."

So far, the evidence strongly indicates that his deafness is clearly caused by his drug abuse. My aunt had the EXACTLY the same drug problem (same drugs, same doses) and she became totally deaf too.

Limbaugh to star in DNC roadside ad
# Democrats unveil ad campaign portraying Rush Limbaugh as leader of Republicans
# "Rush to failure" ads to appear in Limbaugh's Florida hometown
# Limbaugh has said he wants President Obama to "fail"
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- National Democrats plan to unveil a new theme Thursday in their ongoing campaign to portray conservative talk radio host Rush Limbaugh as the true leader of the Republican Party.

The slogan, "Americans didn't vote for a Rush to failure," will be splashed across a billboard in Limbaugh's hometown of West Palm Beach, Florida, and printed on T-shirts, a Democratic National Committee official told CNN.

Limbaugh has said several times that he hopes President Barack Obama fails, a sentiment that has put elected Republicans in a tight spot during the nation's economic crisis.

The official said more than 80,000 slogans were submitted as part of a contest on the DNC's Web site, and more than 50,000 people helped narrow the list to the top five.

The timing of when the billboard will be set up has not been finalized, according to the DNC official.

Rush Limbaugh is a crazy dude.... but Democrats had to resort to this???? how cheap.... :roll:

...Rush Limbaugh is a crazy dude.... but Democrats had to resort to this???? how cheap.... :roll:
Seems like a big waste of money.

The official said more than 80,000 slogans were submitted as part of a contest on the DNC's Web site, and more than 50,000 people helped narrow the list to the top five.
Not only a big waste of money but a big waste of time.

How about the DNC get those 50,000 people working on positive ideas to improve the economy or life in the US. That would be something positive.

Always interesting when the tables are turned. Remember the Clinton thing? He got head from an intern, and the Republicans spend a crazy amount of Congressional time to Impeach him. I agree; it is a stupid plan by the DNC, but this is how the parties operate, by belittling the other side, rather than improving their own side. When Clinton was in charge, I had so many job offers, plus all the overtime I wanted. Oops, I have hijacked....

Always interesting when the tables are turned. Remember the Clinton thing? He got head from an intern, and the Republicans spend a crazy amount of Congressional time to Impeach him. I agree; it is a stupid plan by the DNC, but this is how the parties operate, by belittling the other side, rather than improving their own side. When Clinton was in charge, I had so many job offers, plus all the overtime I wanted. Oops, I have hijacked....

No kidding! :lol:

but this is how the parties operate, by belittling the other side, rather than improving their own side.

Hahaha, I have to agree.
An old saying regarding different parties - "If you plunked them both in a poke they'd bang heads trying to get out" :lol:

Besides being a drug addict and hypocrit, he is a good example why drugs should be legalised.

During his addiction, he was able to function and hold down a job. He even lost some weight. So why is it so important that he not take the pain killers?

Because it makes him a hypocrite?

The next time he cries about drug addicts, someone should call into his show and remind him of his own drug problem.

The best way to deal with Rush though is to completely tune him out. He's a waste of space, time and (fecal) matter.

again, no one is advocating a kids doing blow or getting drunk.

Is there nothing to be said about addiction? A kid tries a sip of alcohol is at the same risk for addiction as a kid trying a line of coke?

Why do you think alcohol and smoking killed more people than these illicit drugs? Because they are LEGAL.....thus more widespread use. That's like saying "More people get killed driving cars than motorcycles. Therefore, cars are more dangerous."

actually, you bring up a good point. Its political suicide for a politician to be for drug legalization. Even if theyre for legalizing marijuana(which the majority of americans probably agree with) they would be labed as reckless druggie.

again, no one is advocating a kids doing blow or getting drunk.

Okay fine, my question still applies for adults. Is it the same risk for addiction for an adult to try several sips of alcohol and to try snorting a line of coke?

Why do people resort to the same old argument of "alcohol and tobacco are legal and yet they kill more people!" whenever discussing marijuana?

Marijuana has nothing to do with either. It's not really a drug and it's illegal because companies like DuPont and Dow lobbied for it to be banned so they could profit from creating synthetic plastics and chemicals to replace hemp.

very true

Why do people resort to the same old argument of "alcohol and tobacco are legal and yet they kill more people!" whenever discussing marijuana?

Marijuana has nothing to do with either. It's not really a drug and it's illegal because companies like DuPont and Dow lobbied for it to be banned so they could profit from creating synthetic plastics and chemicals to replace hemp.

supposedly, only 20% of the people who try illegal drugs get addicted. Its similar to alcohol. Most addicts have issues that theyre trying to self medicate for.

You dont need drugs to self destruct. People huff inhalents like glue, paint, duster, etc.

Okay fine, my question still applies for adults. Is it the same risk for addiction for an adult to try several sips of alcohol and to try snorting a line of coke?

supposedly, only 20% of the people who try illegal drugs get addicted. Its similar to alcohol. Most addicts have issues that theyre trying to self medicate for.

You dont need drugs to self destruct. People huff inhalents like glue, paint, duster, etc.

You said 20% of people who try illegal drugs get addicted but... does that mean 20% for ALL types of drugs or 20% average over all drugs. Maybe it's something like 10% for weed and 30% for coke?

People don't only do drugs to purposefully self destruct. Some people do them to "try it out" or want a night of "mind expansion", believe it or not.

Also, most people have issues, some of them happen to be addicts.

You said 20% of people who try illegal drugs get addicted but... does that mean 20% for ALL types of drugs or 20% average over all drugs. Maybe it's something like 10% for weed and 30% for coke?

People don't only do drugs to purposefully self destruct. Some people do them to "try it out" or want a night of "mind expansion", believe it or not.

Also, most people have issues, some of them happen to be addicts.

I dont know what all the statistics are.

Wouldnt it be better if one got addicted, to be able to buy it from a pharmacy rather than being at the mercy of a dealer? Criminalizing drugs makes the prices artificially high. Causing some to resort to prostitution to support their habit.

My plan would tax the drugs to fund rehab facilities. That way if someone got addicted they would have resources available.

I dont know why people think criminalizing drugs is such a good thing. People still find a way to get them. Making it uncontrolled and unregulated.

Back when alcohol was illegal, there were risks of getting bad booze. A lot of people were blinded from bad hooch. You all have heard about blind blues musicians. Thats how some of them were blinded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back