Foot pains?

Like 2hot4u, I have similar problems with the tendons in my foot. A tennis ball works wonders in loosening things up..so does anything round.

Oh, and it makes a foot massage out of this world LOL.

As for the athletes foot question, I had an issue one time and none of the sprays would work for it. What did work, however, was Neosporin. I don't know if it was athletes foot I had but I made the mistake of taking a shower at the gym I work out at...and ended up getting something on my foot LOL.

I think that it would better off for you to see a podiatrist in your area because a primary doctor is a general who knows which doctor that you would see, but it waste your money. I am thinking of overweight that might cause your foot stress something like that. It could be a spur problem which is a terrible disease, and most doctors do not know why so I assume that you lost a lot of Vitamin B6 or B12 in your bone.

I went to see a podiatrist instead of my primary doctor which cost me 15 dollars for my medicare. She gave me the prescription for the pain killer. She talked about vitamins.

I also went to see my chiropractor for my cold laser treatment on my toe which helped me to get better. This treatment made a big difference. He also mentioned about the vitamins.

In the chiropractor office, I read a brochure about imbalance legs for example left side is heavier than the right which causes the nerve pitch on your foot so you might need for your back adjustment properly.

About the tennis ball, that is very interesting. I believe that it is a possible. Actually, it is free. I would definitely try it first to see if it works for me just in case if I have electric-shock on my foot.

foot pain

^Angel^ said:
Since I've been working alot of hours during the cook-offs last summer, my left foot seem to bother me as much as my right foot does, feeling horrible pains and swelling, but for the past few days, I'm experiences " electric shock " on the bottom of my left foot, and this symptoms seem to appear and disappear off and on lately, have anyone ever experiences this before? and what exactly does this cause? and do I have to see a regular doctor or a foot doctor, forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question but I 've never been to a foot doctor before.... :ugh:
I don't know if i am posting on right space but i work for foot Dr. you should go see a podiatrist

^Angel^ said:
Since I've been working alot of hours during the cook-offs last summer, my left foot seem to bother me as much as my right foot does, feeling horrible pains and swelling, but for the past few days, I'm experiences " electric shock " on the bottom of my left foot, and this symptoms seem to appear and disappear off and on lately, have anyone ever experiences this before? and what exactly does this cause? and do I have to see a regular doctor or a foot doctor, forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question but I 've never been to a foot doctor before.... :ugh:
I work for foot DR. I think you should go see one

Being overweight is not a factor of having foot pains, Most of my crews at my job are skinny with have the same similiar problem with feet, being on a job 17 hours a day on your feet does it for you, If you have worked 17 hours a day on your feet, You'll know how it feels, if not then what do you know? It could be a lot of reasons that people have some issues with their feet since feet has very small vessels, there's so much reasons why. Only time I have a problem with my feet when I'm working long period of hours on my feet, the part of the common places-- the heel is what bugs me, it gets in pains when walking or standing for a several days during working hours. Some people tells me to wear fitting footwear, when I try to find the right shoes it doesn't do much for it, maybe I'm looking at the wrong places for the perfect fitting footwear to wear at my job. :dunno:

Sometimes flip-flops helps a little but not when on a hard surface ground. I've seen some people wear those special foot pads to put in their shoes, I cannot find one that is best for me during work just yet. :giggle:

Cheri said:
Being overweight is not a factor of having foot pains, Most of my crews at my job are skinny with have the same similiar problem with feet, being on a job 17 hours a day on your feet does it for you, If you have worked 17 hours a day on your feet, You'll know how it feels, if not then what do you know? It could be a lot of reasons that people have some issues with their feet since feet has very small vessels, there's so much reasons why. Only time I have a problem with my feet when I'm working long period of hours on my feet, the part of the common places-- the heel is what bugs me, it gets in pains when walking or standing for a several days during working hours. Some people tells me to wear fitting footwear, when I try to find the right shoes it doesn't do much for it, maybe I'm looking at the wrong places for the perfect fitting footwear to wear at my job. :dunno:

Sometimes flip-flops helps a little but not when on a hard surface ground. I've seen some people wear those special foot pads to put in their shoes, I cannot find one that is best for me during work just yet. :giggle:

Oh, I see that you often stand up long hours at work. I heard about special pads for shoes. Some chiropractors sell that special pads. I don't remember what is it called. I bet that they are expensive. Maybe, you gotta wear your slippers to work.

Is there a rubber mat on the floor? If not, I think it is OSHA law requires a company to have one if the employees ask for it. I believe that it is proper for you to sit a chair or stool for your work - I don't know what kind job you have.

webexplorer said:
Is there a rubber mat on the floor? If not, I think it is OSHA law requires a company to have one if the employees ask for it. I believe that it is proper for you to sit a chair or stool for your work - I don't know what kind job you have.

We work for the rib cook off and it outdoor job, travel different states doing a show, we stand on either grass, or parking lot where ever the cook off is at,

We sell and cook ribs, pork, beef, chicken etc, where we will have tent, grill, smoker , booth, etc to set up and serves those who comes to the rib festville..

You can get custom prescription orthonic inserts for your shoes but they are very expensive.

OR...

I use cushioned heel support inserts from Walmart that work fine for my heel pain. Much cheaper, and I can afford to replace them as they wear out. The "gel" ones are very comfy. I use the ones that are for the heel area only, not the full foot ones.

Reba said:
I use cushioned heel support inserts from Walmart that work fine for my heel pain. Much cheaper, and I can afford to replace them as they wear out. The "gel" ones are very comfy. I use the ones that are for the heel area only, not the full foot ones.

We tried that and it didn't work.... :dunno:

I guess I will just see my doctor and go from there, that's pretty much all I can do for now :(

^Angel^ said:
We tried that and it didn't work.... :dunno:

I guess I will just see my doctor and go from there, that's pretty much all I can do for now :(
How long did you try?

When I had heel spur pain, it took almost a year of constant treatment for it to go away. It's not something that gets "fixed" right away. I had to use the inserts in all my shoes, all the time, and I had to take anti-inflammatories every day for that year. It was the combination of all that (including the stretching exercises) and sticking with it for a year that finally succeeded.

But it all depends on what your doctor tells you.

I've tried those gel Heel cups in my footwears but it doesn't help as much, I'm looking for something more expensive that would be a lot worth it. I've heard some place that sell it for fifty dollars or something, Anyone know the website? I cannot remember the name of the company.

PurrMeow said:
Have u try Sas shoes?

Ugh! them ugly "old lady" shoes? LOL!....but if they work then good if they
help! heh.
Thats normal if people stand on their feet for long period of time that they
would have pain in their arches and heels..if the foot doctor dont find any
problems other than normal tiredness, then i would guess you would have to
take breaks and sit down with your feet in foot bath, you know those little
foot spas that you could buy at drug stores, that might help relieve foot
fatigue?...might be worth a try?

Defee said:
help! heh.
Yes, I wear those ugly old lady shoes and sandals when I'm on my feet a lot. They do work great for me. :P

Cheri said:
I've tried those gel Heel cups in my footwears but it doesn't help as much, I'm looking for something more expensive that would be a lot worth it. I've heard some place that sell it for fifty dollars or something...
If you want to spend extra money, that's up to you. Personally, I wouldn't waste the money, especially if your doctor hasn't recommended them. Unless you have a specific foot malformation, the "custom" orthonics don't do more than the generic ones used with good support shoes.

Taylor said:
As for the athletes foot question, I had an issue one time and none of the sprays would work for it. What did work, however, was Neosporin. I don't know if it was athletes foot I had but I made the mistake of taking a shower at the gym I work out at...and ended up getting something on my foot LOL.

YUCK, Taylor! Gross!!!

Sorry, bud, but that just sounded na-aasty! :lol:

Anyway, if the neosporin did the trick, then, you probably caught some kind of bacterial crud and NOT athletes foot. Athetes foot is caused by a fungus. ;)

Taylor said:
.... I don't know if it was athletes foot I had but I made the mistake of taking a shower at the gym I work out at...and ended up getting something on my foot LOL.
Have you tried liquid Absorbine Jr? My Hubby swears by that for foot "problems".

Oceanbreeze said:
YUCK, Taylor! Gross!!!

Sorry, bud, but that just sounded na-aasty! :lol:

Anyway, if the neosporin did the trick, then, you probably caught some kind of bacterial crud and NOT athletes foot. Athetes foot is caused by a fungus. ;)

LOL...your telling me ;) The gym I work out is one of the cleanest and best maintained, but speaking to police officers that work out in various gyms (even the higher class joints) this is a common problem. Planters warts are also a problem with a lot of gym showers. It used to be nice to go to the gym, have a shower afterward and then be fresh when I was done and continue my day. Now, even though it sounds gross (but is better than showering there) is to just change back into my clothes and go home and then shower. A lot less convenient but at least I don't have something growing on my feet LOL.

Defee said:
help! heh.
Thats normal if people stand on their feet for long period of time that they
would have pain in their arches and heels..if the foot doctor dont find any
problems other than normal tiredness, then i would guess you would have to
take breaks and sit down with your feet in foot bath, you know those little
foot spas that you could buy at drug stores, that might help relieve foot
fatigue?...might be worth a try?

:rofl: I know those are ugly "old lady" but i have Sas sandles and very helpful and comfortable to wear those. Yea its worth a try.

Reba said:
How long did you try?

When I had heel spur pain, it took almost a year of constant treatment for it to go away. It's not something that gets "fixed" right away. I had to use the inserts in all my shoes, all the time, and I had to take anti-inflammatories every day for that year. It was the combination of all that (including the stretching exercises) and sticking with it for a year that finally succeeded.

But it all depends on what your doctor tells you.

I tried them for a month but it made my left foot become more painful, which to the point where I end up in tears trying to bear the pains...

I can understand it takes time but a year won't work for me hon, pains is not easy to hold back and sometimes I couldn't bearly walk when the pains get too much...

Back