Food Stamps denied, mother shoots daughter and son and kills herself, all die.

Depression is the dementor that sucks all of the hope and happiness out of you. That's why JK Rowling created dementors. She had issues with depression, too.

Her writing books was her escape, I have watched an autobiography on her also. I find it interesting how she wrote the books relating to her life in a sense.

When I had depression severe enough to consider killing myself, I felt that there was no hope for me at all and that I had no future.

Exactly. Luckily for you, you were able to hold on long enough to pull out of it. Unfortunately, many aren't able to.

Depression is the dementor that sucks all of the hope and happiness out of you. That's why JK Rowling created dementors. She had issues with depression, too.

Yes, she found a healthy way (and profitable, too!) to deal with her depression.

Exactly. Luckily for you, you were able to hold on long enough to pull out of it. Unfortunately, many aren't able to.

I knew someone who killed herself. I used to play the same MUD (multi user dungeons which are text based role playing game) as she did. I was devastated for a while after she committed suicide and I never even met her rl.

I knew someone who killed herself. I used to play the same MUD (multi user dungeons which are text based role playing game) as she did. I was devastated for a while after she committed suicide and I never even met her rl.

She was one of those people who didn't make it thru depression.

Suicide has a profound effect on survivors. You don't have to know someone well to be affected.

I disagree. It's not the system or anything else but her mental issues. People like this need supervision and, unfortunately, we no longer give consideration to the mentally ill, and we should.

You can't really believe she wanted to cause this on her own, the woman had issues. I'm not saying it's right, but you can't hold someone who does not have all their faculties to the same standard, IMO.

I disagree. It's not the system or anything else but her mental issues. People like this need supervision and, unfortunately, we no longer give consideration to the mentally ill, and we should.

You can't really believe she wanted to cause this on her own, the woman had issues. I'm not saying it's right, but you can't hold someone who does not have all their faculties to the same standard, IMO.

"The system" should have been addressing her mental issues. They dropped the ball.

Other than that, I agree 100%.

That's the whole point. The kids should have been protected. They system left Andrea Yates' kids with her, too. The hubby walked off scott free and remarried. Where was the father in this case?

There are some very caring people in the system who aren't able to make a difference in many cases. I don't know how those people keep working in the system. I guess that these people have to focus on successes and keep on trying. It's really hard to sucessfully help mentally ill people and their children with the current system. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

That's the whole point. The kids should have been protected. They system left Andrea Yates' kids with her, too. The hubby walked off scott free and remarried. Where was the father in this case?

Exactly.

There are some very caring people in the system who aren't able to make a difference in many cases. I don't know how those people keep working in the system. I guess that these people have to focus on successes and keep on trying. It's really hard to sucessfully help mentally ill people and their children with the current system. I wouldn't be able to handle it.

I had to dramatically cut the hours I spend in the agency. The way people are left without needed treatment just because they are uninsured just drove me mad. The people that need help the most are the least able to get that help. Most of my colleagues don't spend much time in agency work because they simply can't handle the disregard for people.

I had to dramatically cut the hours I spend in the agency. The way people are left without needed treatment just because they are uninsured just drove me mad. The people that need help the most are the least able to get that help. Most of my colleagues don't spend much time in agency work because they simply can't handle the disregard for people.

That's sad.

That's sad.

It really is. I find it infuriating. I would rather just provide services pro bono for someone who needs it that to try to deal with the agency crap that ends up cutting the services for the indigent. My primary obligation is to the client, not the agency.

Back