FLDS--Standoff in Texas.

I agree with you on that. They should meet Carolyn Jessop and her children to realise that the outside world is not as bad as they were taught to believe.

I hope the outcome'll be good for many of those children. Their parents doesn't deserve them if they think it's okay for them to be subjected to abuse and such.

I have a good friend that works at a treatment center designed to treat ex-cult members. They get people from all over the world. It is the only mental health facility in the world that specializes in this kind of treatment.

I've been talking to her quite a bit since the children were taken from the ranch. She seems to think that they have a very good chance for recovery if they are provided with the proper support and treatment, but it will take awhile. All of the media attention and court cases, etc. just serve to reinforce everything they have been taught about the outside world right at first. A therapist has to be able to develop trust with a client, and it takes a long time to get an ex-cult member to trust anyone outside the cult.

I find the whole situation to be incredibly sad. I have visited the facility where she works, and they do amazing work for people like this.

pek, but I thought that there was sex abuse at Waco too? I could have SWORN there was.....and anyway I was talking more about the fact that it's a huge explosive violent clash with religion vs. the government.

U are right..there was sex abuse at Waco. Dave Koresh ordered young girls to have sex with him for the love of their religion. It is sick.

I have a good friend that works at a treatment center designed to treat ex-cult members. They get people from all over the world. It is the only mental health facility in the world that specializes in this kind of treatment.

I've been talking to her quite a bit since the children were taken from the ranch. She seems to think that they have a very good chance for recovery if they are provided with the proper support and treatment, but it will take awhile. All of the media attention and court cases, etc. just serve to reinforce everything they have been taught about the outside world right at first. A therapist has to be able to develop trust with a client, and it takes a long time to get an ex-cult member to trust anyone outside the cult.

I find the whole situation to be incredibly sad. I have visited the facility where she works, and they do amazing work for people like this.
Yeah, cult members are often the hardest to work with since those are usually long-term "brainwashing" and takes a longer time to "un-brainwash" them.

A lot of those kids probably thought that everything that happened in the cult was okay because that's how things are supposed to be.

I've read about kids who were abused for a very long time by their parents. Then when they are removed from home and placed in a foster home, they still act the same. If they do something wrong, they will bend over getting ready for their foster parents to give them a beating. The foster parents will be like, "Huh? What are you doing?" "Oh, I'm bending over so you can paddle me." "Oh, no... we don't do things that way!" "No? But I did something wrong!"

I knew a foster child who was so severely verbally and physically abused that he never thought about his own birthday. When someone asked him how old he was, he kept thinking he was 5 when he was really 6.

Kids must stay in custody and the judge orders DNA testing on all the mothers and kids.

ABC News: Polygamy Sect Kids Must Stay in Custody
That's something that REALLY needs to be done.

Since part of their religion requires wives of disbanded/disowned men to be married to different men, it can really mess up the family tree causing confusion with blood relations.

Also, with men marrying their wives' daughters... that also messes up the family tree as well.

So, they really need to establish blood relations with everyone.

and then castrate the males.

The woman in Colorado Springs took quite a risk filing a false report, but given her motives the judge/jury will likely give her a light sentence with a stern warning to not repeat the offense or face jail time.

and then castrate the males.

The woman in Colorado Springs took quite a risk filing a false report, but given her motives the judge/jury will likely give her a light sentence with a stern warning to not repeat the offense or face jail time.
Actually, that woman has a long history of making false reports. She was already on 1-year probation or something. She will probably get a more serious punishment like every other repeat offenders.

Yeah, cult members are often the hardest to work with since those are usually long-term "brainwashing" and takes a longer time to "un-brainwash" them.

A lot of those kids probably thought that everything that happened in the cult was okay because that's how things are supposed to be.

I've read about kids who were abused for a very long time by their parents. Then when they are removed from home and placed in a foster home, they still act the same. If they do something wrong, they will bend over getting ready for their foster parents to give them a beating. The foster parents will be like, "Huh? What are you doing?" "Oh, I'm bending over so you can paddle me." "Oh, no... we don't do things that way!" "No? But I did something wrong!"

I knew a foster child who was so severely verbally and physically abused that he never thought about his own birthday. When someone asked him how old he was, he kept thinking he was 5 when he was really 6.

Un-brainwash is similar to Deprogram... lots of kids had to be kidnapped from cults and hide them and then deprogram them back to normal.. usually not much help.... very few were successful.. others will ran away back to cults..

Actually, that woman has a long history of making false reports. She was already on 1-year probation or something. She will probably get a more serious punishment like every other repeat offenders.
No, Unforunately She isn't on felony of criminal charges, But misdemendor of criminal charges. Right now, She released from jail after she bailed 20,000.

Exactly. When that is the only way of life that you know, it is the "right" way of life to you. These kids, and many of the adults, have never been exposed to anything that could prove what they have been taught was wrong.

You are right about children who have been abused over a long period of time. Because children are very egocentric in their development, they naturally assume that what they experience is the same as what everyone else experiences, and therefore, usual and normal.

It really takes a special skill and patience to work with cult victims, or victims of any type of coercive realtionship.

Wow, that's great about the center. Why on the earth have not they created more of those center around America, or more specifically the world. Is there much demand for that kind of help?

I hope for those FLDS kids that they'll have years worth of counselling and reprogramming. They better not be dumped on people who doesn't know how to look after them. Or worse, take advantage of their naivety.

people cover magazines of FLDS in Texas its would be so exclusives! if you get that magazines at groceries or book stores

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 6
When we learned about this incident, I was nauseated how these people are allowing these children to go through horrible ordeal. I am mormon myself and we DO not do such a thing. It is forbidden in our religion.

I hope that these children will not go back or go through again.

Wow, that's great about the center. Why on the earth have not they created more of those center around America, or more specifically the world. Is there much demand for that kind of help?

I hope for those FLDS kids that they'll have years worth of counselling and reprogramming. They better not be dumped on people who doesn't know how to look after them. Or worse, take advantage of their naivety.

There is a huge demand for that sort of treatment. They get clients from all over the world. My friend and the origninator of the center will be traveling to Australia in a few months, as a matter of fact, to conduct seminars on theory and technique.

You are correct that it often takes years to recover from this type of indoctrination. Clients will leave and often return several years later when something in their live causes problems to resurface.

Just so you know... the link you added about the mormon's view on polygamy and why they practiced it, was false information. That was written by someone who was VERY anti-mormon. NOne of the temple ordinances are correct. I myself, am a member of the church, and we do not affiliate with the FLDS at all.. the FLDS practices those temple beliefs, not the other way around. Please get your information correct before assuming the LDS church does that. I was highly offended by that.. and it was not even in the least correct....

I don't care how they got the evidence. Legal or not. The fact remains that there are ex members who give testimony in public. There is no excuse for this kind of secret cult rape village. Real evidence has been systematically hidden.....marraige licenses not issued....called marraige contracts.....birth certificates are destroyed.......if a father leaves then kids given to another and papers doctored-destroyed......the 'lost boys' kiccked out for obviously being young competition drooling for the young women as is a natural thing. To kick young boys out who are unprepared for world iss an act of non-love. Yet they want to hide behind being holy and loving.
Kids scared to disagrree or protest.
Systamatic garbage. Polygamy is illegal.
Common seense should override all this hinckey garbage. kids are abused that is the bottom line. We shouldn't care about the legal aspect....kids come first....protect them.
Systematic manipulating of evidence.

Do they have any deaf child there or any kind of physically challenge children? I wonder.

Do they have any deaf child there or any kind of physically challenge children? I wonder.

I know that they had some children with "special needs" according to the news reports, but the only thing identified by name was Down's Syndrome. But given the amount of intermarraige that had to be going on, one could naturally expect some birth defects.

Texas cult: The Oprah factor?

Let me take few quotes from Anonymous' blog:

Houston Chronicle: "The Texas Rangers told us [hoax suspect Rozita Swinton] was obsessed with the FLDS. They confiscated tons of material on the FLDS (in the search of Swinton's home). She even gave real addresses and real names of FLDS people."
Rusty: Hence, how Swinton would be able to "identify" the man who "Sarah" was allegedly married to, but didn't know that Dale Evans Barlow, the man originally pegged as the "50 year old husband", didn't actually live in Texas, but in Arizona.​

Right, and now let me add something else to the equation: Notice that the middle (maiden) name for "Sarah" was "Jessop" -- "Sarah Jessop Barlow."

Well, Flora Jessop is the executive director of the anti-polygamy group quoted in that same Houston Chronicle story. And if you do a Google search on "FLDS" and "Jessop," you immediately discover that Carolyn Jessop is the author of a bestselling book, "Escape," about her life inside FLDS -- and that Carolyn Jessop appeared on "Oprah" in November 2007!

Bingo! So what must have happened is that Swinton:

• Watched this "Oprah" episode in November;
  • Became obsessed with the FLDS cult;
  • Read about the compound in Texas;
  • Learned the name Dale Evans Barlow from reports of his prosecution;
  • Combined Barlow's name with "Sarah," a common female biblical name, and "Jessop," the name of the two prominent ex-FLDS women, to create a name for her fictional 16-year-old victim; and
  • Then did a Google search to find the phone number of a domestic-abuse hotline near the FLDS compound in Texas.

OMG! More than 400 children have been seized by the state of Texas because of an "Oprah" episode?

Also I wonder if Swinton became an Obama delegate for the same reason she became obsessed with the FLDS, namely, she saw it on "Oprah"? ..

[SOURCE]
Is that clue??

Just so you know... the link you added about the mormon's view on polygamy and why they practiced it, was false information. That was written by someone who was VERY anti-mormon. NOne of the temple ordinances are correct. I myself, am a member of the church, and we do not affiliate with the FLDS at all.. the FLDS practices those temple beliefs, not the other way around. Please get your information correct before assuming the LDS church does that. I was highly offended by that.. and it was not even in the least correct....
Which post were you responding to?

Back