FLDS--Standoff in Texas.

that was exactly my thought when I saw this on Yahoo! news......another Waco/ Ruby Ridge. Well hopefully it won't be that bad.....and maybe Warren Jeffs will finally come CRASHING down...There's been quite a bit in the news abt the FLDS lately for some reason.

that was exactly my thought when I saw this on Yahoo! news......another Waco/ Ruby Ridge. Well hopefully it won't be that bad.....and maybe Warren Jeffs will finally come CRASHING down...There's been quite a bit in the news abt the FLDS lately for some reason.

This is way different than Waco and Ruby Ridge, as there are girls and boys who aren't even old enough to sprout a pubic that are told who they are to marry, with no exceptions. If I was a 13-year old girl, even as young as a toddler, I sure as heck wouldn't want some smelly old man to enter me and claim me as his wife (I'm male, btw). Even if a woman forced it upon a boy, no way!

Maybe it's the Mormon church doing a "religious cleansing" of its own . . .

The FDLS is in now way shape or form a branch of the Mormon church. The Mormons want nothing to do with the FLDS and believe along with the rest of America that Warren Jeffs is indeed a creep that needs to be castrated and thrown in jail for life to become Bubba's girlfriend.

Oh yeah for the record I am not Mormon, I am Baptist but some of my good friends are Mormon and they are level headed folks. :)

I hope that sect gets dismantled finally. They don't deserve protections. They are just an excuse to rape minors.

Last edited:
Hiding behind the name of religion is a coward's way.

pek, but I thought that there was sex abuse at Waco too? I could have SWORN there was.....and anyway I was talking more about the fact that it's a huge explosive violent clash with religion vs. the government.

The LDS Church wants to do nothing with Warren Jeff and FLDS. The LDS Church officially banned the practice of polygamy almost a hundred twenty year ago. If a LDS member practices polygamy, LDS member will be excommunicated. My LDS friend works at a jail in St. George, Utah and told me all about Warren Jeff staying at his jail before and during the trial. He came up with a nickname for Warren Jeff, "Old Dirtbag."

Yes there was sex abuse at Waco....David Korech thought he was above the law.....
and abused religion in claiming he had direct communications from God.....brainwashing and coercion.
These churches should not be tolerated, especially in a closed-secretive environment
There is a purpose to thier secrecy....to isolate so as to brainwash and manipulate.
I can't believe these sttes allow it AZ and Texas or others ....bull

There's cyanide (like at Jonestown) . . . and there's sex abuse (like at Waco). Dost thou speakest of the tail wagging the dog? Am I paranoid? Ack! The voices are talking to me again!

Theres cyanide at the FDLS compound? OMG they planned a mass suicide for the 'ascension' I suppose. Damn religious nuts should do us all a favor and just off themselves but leave the children alone.

Update

Rangers talk with polygamist ranch suspect - CNN.com

I'm quoting part of what is said in the article -

Officials believe that the girl who made the phone calls is in their custody, but they have not identified her because she may be too scared to come forward, said Marleigh Meisner, a spokeswoman for the state Child Protective Services Division.

The 16 years old girl is the main reason why the campground was raided. They are trying to find that 16 years old girl to come forward to support their probable cause for the case.

I also was watching the news earlier today on television. It was talking about how these these children (400+ kids were removed from the campground) are facing psychological challenge. That is IF the state has it's way and places these children in the foster homes. It will be a huge cultural adjustment for the children as well. The campground is the only place they have knew.

It's terrible for the children (and some young mothers) to go through this.

Read on -

Mental health experts enlisted to help with children of sect - CNN.com

But you know what Warren Jeffs has thrown out his own nephew from the sect and CNN did and interview with him - his name is Brent Jeffs I believe if I remember correctly. But anyway Brent says it was a hard adjustment at first having to live in the outside world, but once he got adjusted he says he has been so much happier here in reality than having to stay hidden behind closed doors.

Also one day on Dr. Phil there were two runaways from that sect that were being forced into marriages at very young ages - I mean they were just like only 14 and 15 when they went on Dr. Phil and they said they were taught to fear everything and that running away at first was hard because they missed their families back at the compounds but they were given foster families that supported them 100% and they said here in the outside world they are treated more dignity and respect and aren't forced into everything the way that Warren Jeffs had led them to believe all their lives.

I think from these testimonies alone it would be enough that the State of Texas has enough probable cause that women and children at the compound are in danger of violence, physical and mental abuse from the men.

I was looking at the pictures of the children on Yahoo! News and there is a picture of a very young boy playing with a Texas sheriff's deputy and you can see the joy in his eyes almost like he's breathing for the first time in his young life.

The girls are seen smiling like they know that change will come because someone stepped forward - although they are more reserved because it's a learned behavior that has become second nature them.

I just hope the State of Texas gets its way and gets these children into loving foster homes and that finally these children will find their way to loving adoptive parents that would do no harm to them and show them what is to be human.

I just hope the State of Texas gets its way and gets these children into loving foster homes and that finally these children will find their way to loving adoptive parents that would do no harm to them and show them what is to be human.

I agree with you on that. They should meet Carolyn Jessop and her children to realise that the outside world is not as bad as they were taught to believe.

I hope the outcome'll be good for many of those children. Their parents doesn't deserve them if they think it's okay for them to be subjected to abuse and such.

Update

ABC News said:
abc_swinton_grab_081708_mn.jpg

Polygamy Trail Leads to Colorado
Texas Rangers Take Part in Arrest of Woman Who Allegedly Made Hoax Call in Colorado

By JIM AVILA, TERI WHITCRAFT, REYNOLDS HOLDING, ANDREA BEAUMONT and SCOTT MICHELS

SAN ANGELO, Texas, April 17, 2008 —

Texas Rangers participated in the arrest of a Colorado woman who allegedly pretended to be a girl locked in a basement. The Rangers were in the state as part of their investigation into the Texas polygamy custody battle, local police told ABC News.

It was unclear if the arrest was related to the phone call from a woman who claimed to be a 16-year-old girl, a phone call that sparked what has become one of the largest child custody cases in U.S. history.

Officials in Texas raided a polygamist compound and took 416 children into custody after an abuse hotline received a series of phone calls from the purported teen who said she was being held at the compound. The girl, who called herself Sarah, said she was being physically and sexually abused by her adult husband, court documents say.

Texas child protection lawyers have said they believe the girl does exist, even though they have not found her.

But ABC News has learned that Texas Rangers flew to Colorado Springs, Colo., and participated in the arrest of a 33-year-old woman who was charged with filing a false report.

The FBI also told ABC News it is assisting local police in the investigation. Colorado Springs police said in a statement that "The Texas Rangers were in Colorado Springs Wednesday as part of their investigation involving the compound in Texas."

Colorado Springs police said they arrested Rozita Swinton last night on local charges of pretending to be a girl locked in a basement, claiming abuse and calling authorities for help.

Local police said Swinton had been under investigation for some time on that accusation, but police made an immediate arrest after the Texas Rangers became involved.

"This arrest stemmed from an incident that occurred in Colorado Springs in February of this year," Colorado Springs Police said in a statement. "The Texas Rangers were in Colorado Springs yesterday as part of their investigation involving the compound in Texas. They left and have not filed any charges on Rozita Swinton as of this time. "

ABC News was unable to reach Swinton or her lawyer for comment.

Swinton became a person of interest to Texas authorities when former Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints member Flora Jessop, who now operates a rescue mission for teenage girls trying to escape the sect, told authorities she had been getting calls from a girl claiming to be Sarah -- the same girl who made the call for help to a San Angelo, Texas, shelter that led to the raid on the El Dorado compound.

Jessop told ABC News that she -- at the direction of Texas Rangers -- began recording those calls in the past two weeks and that the Rangers were able to trace them to Colorado Springs, where the arrest was made.

Jessop's allegations could not be immediately confirmed by ABC News.

The Colorado Springs police gave no details about the Texas connection other than to confirm that the Texas Rangers were in on the arrest and helped with the investigation.

But they have returned to Texas, and Swinton has been freed on bond in Colorado Springs.

Swinton has an arrest record that includes another false report charge from 2005.

The Texas Rangers told ABC News they would comment Friday.

Copyright © 2008 ABC News Internet Ventures

[SOURCE]
If this is true she is a hero.

Back