FL Baker: We’re Getting Death Threats over Refusal to Make Anti-Gay Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to the topic, what bothers me is that in God's word, WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?. What does that mean?
If you're referring to the passage in Matthew 7, you aren't quoting it accurately.

The point of that passage was not that Christians couldn't use judgment or discernment. The point was, if a Christian did judge another they should expect to be held to the same standard and judgment. Therefor, a Christian should examine his/her own life and actions first before judging another's. A Christian should then repent of his/her own fault, then be able to judge others.

Also, that is not judgment in the sense of eternal spiritual condemnation but judgment in doing right and wrong actions.

My point is that the bakers should not judge people. When they did, they got death threats. That's their fault because they judged people. Honestly, they asked for it.
In the cases I've seen so far, the bakers weren't judging people. They simply refused to participate in an activity (same-sex wedding) that went against their consciences.

They did NOT ask for death threats. There is NO justification for death threats.

If people are offended by the bakers, they can boycott the shop. There is no place for threats of violence of any kind.

It's frightening to see that you think that would be OK.

Speaking of that, there's a poster going around on FB about how "Christians" are sending the pizza owner all that $$ while Food Banks are begging for donations. It's pitiful how some people who call themselves Christian act in such unchristian ways.
Is there some proof that Christians are sending their Food Bank money to the pizzeria owner instead? Or is it possible that they send money to both? Also, how do they know that all the donations were made by Christians?

How would they know they if a people is gay or straight if they came in alone ? And if a straight person order the cake there is no way the bakery would know it for a gay couple if nothing on the cake showing this. Not everyone has the 2 small dolls on their wedding cake .
They wouldn't know unless they already knew the people personally, or if they stated that they were.

We didn't have any dolls on our wedding cake, which was very small and home baked.

for gods sake bake the sodding cake or go to cake shop that do stick two grooms on cake the voila everyone happy
abortion,no one forcing anyone to have one go do it don't make fuss..all this heavy sh*T cause more problems than before,and yes uk same where bigots concerned

Ive been refused service before,for prison ink, i accepted it, no death threats hurled..
Its called bieng a mature adult.
Bussinesses are private property...owners of their private property should have the right to use it as they see fit.its theirs. They worked hard to build it..
As for people leaving their religion someplace, thats an odd idea,
Maybe a deal.can be reached..
Gays leave their gayness at home,and maybe the religious people.could leave their faith at home...
Funny idea isnt it?
Yes, it's funny that they lose the business after that. Too bad for them! They failed to think of the consequences. God bless them.

If you're referring to the passage in Matthew 7, you aren't quoting it accurately.

The point of that passage was not that Christians couldn't use judgment or discernment. The point was, if a Christian did judge another they should expect to be held to the same standard and judgment. Therefor, a Christian should examine his/her own life and actions first before judging another's. A Christian should then repent of his/her own fault, then be able to judge others.

Also, that is not judgment in the sense of eternal spiritual condemnation but judgment in doing right and wrong actions.

In the cases I've seen so far, the bakers weren't judging people. They simply refused to participate in an activity (same-sex wedding) that went against their consciences.

They did NOT ask for death threats. There is NO justification for death threats.

If people are offended by the bakers, they can boycott the shop. There is no place for threats of violence of any kind.

It's frightening to see that you think that would be OK.
LOL, no I already mentioned that it's unacceptable but you MUST know how customers behave when they don't get the equal treatment. How come the bakers didn't know about it? Didn't they take business courses? THINK OF THE CONSEQUENCES WHEN YOU RUN A BUSINESS. See, they lose the business because of what they did. I believe that some people boycotted the shop which is why it is closed for good. Then the bakers moved the business to their home but they later closed it due to their children's safety. In other words, their religious belief ruined their business.

Violence has no place in civilized society when it comes to issues.

To resort to violence is very unitelligent thing no matter what side you are on. Its just acting like a bully throwing a tantrum in a china shop....because things didnt go a specific way the bully wanted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States

I am shocked to learn that those states in red don't allow raped women to have abortions. OMG! I feel sorry for those women (who want to have an abortion) in those states. BUT those states will change the law eventually, once they learn how to respect human beings.

What about respect for the unborn? Are they not human beings too? Or, are they just tiny dinosaurs?

Violence has no place in civilized society when it comes to issues.

To resort to violence is very unitelligent thing no matter what side you are on. Its just acting like a bully throwing a tantrum in a china shop....because things didnt go a specific way the bully wanted.

abortions are very violent.

What about respect for the unborn? Are they not human beings too? Or, are they just tiny dinosaurs?
There are laws that respect women's rights so don't argue with me. God has nothing to do with our issues in this world today. Noah, Jesus Christ, Abraham, Moses, blah, blah so when did they happen?

abortions are very violent.
The law disagrees with you. It already has made the timeline to safely abort an unborn baby after they got doctors' recommendations. Do you think it makes God mad? Oh, please.

The law disagrees with you. It already has made the timeline to safely abort an unborn baby after they got doctors' recommendations. Do you think it makes God mad? Oh, please.
"Safely?" Not safe for the baby.

Of course it makes God mad.

God makes everyone in his image which includes gay as part of human bundle...it don't matter how when or why love is love we be grateful thankful to experience it gay or straight

Seriously? How? By phone? Please don't say the book (The Bible) which was not written by God.
Why do you ask questions if you don't want to know the answers? Especially when you know if I answer truthfully this will get the thread locked?

I'm sorry that we got :topic: .

Religious discussion is not permitted on ALLDEAF. This thread was about legal/political actions leading to discrimination.

Murdering babies is monstrous.
Im always taken aback with deafies supporting such, considering we are always high on the hearie list as a reason to exterminate..
how many hearie would want a deaf baby if they could know?
Regardless..
Im not a good man, but the thought and the act of murdering babieS i find monstrous!!! History wont look kindly on this evil...

Murdering babies is monstrous.
Im always taken aback with deafies supporting such, considering we are always high on the hearie list as a reason to exterminate..
how many hearie would want a deaf baby if they could know?
Regardless..
Im not a good man, but the thought and the act of murdering babieS i find monstrous!!! History wont look kindly on this evil...
Seriously you said that? No support for women's rights? Interesting! I thought I knew you.

As you may know, unborn babies are not babies until they are born. The unborn babies are called fetus. You see, people say "you are having a baby", the key word is ARE HAVING, meaning going to have a baby.

The government has a law that doesn't allow abortion after 6 weeks of pregnancy, I believe. Google it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back