FL Baker: We’re Getting Death Threats over Refusal to Make Anti-Gay Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but that's not what the OP's article is about. There is tons of threads on abortions and some are locked. We don't need to have another thread locked up again...

Well, both have a same principle. Human rights.

Back to the topic, what bothers me is that in God's word, WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?. What does that mean?

My point is that the bakers should not judge people. When they did, they got death threats. That's their fault because they judged people. Honestly, they asked for it.

I thought this was a good article of a Christian who actually gets it. http://tenthousandplaces.org/2015/04/01/bake-for-them-two/
Also it seems to me that many Atheists have a better understanding of the TRUE INTENT of the Bible than all the conservative Christians and politicians.
Honestly if the Pope (who I would argue is more Holy than any of these anti LGBT folks that are crying foul) says it's not his place to judge others. What do so many Christians really have a "God complex" and judge everyone

BTW. Where are all the Christians refusing to serve Divorcees. 50 biblical references against that. 1 biblical references against LGBT.
Hypocrisy.....

Back to the topic, what bothers me is that in God's word, WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE?. What does that mean?

My point is that the bakers should not judge people. When they did, they got death threats. That's their fault because they judged people. Honestly, they asked for it.
Until someone is arrested for the death threats, there is no proof that it was not made by a straight person or another Christian.
Look at that pizza owner. She has received almost $1 million in donations. Prob more profit than she would make in 10 years running a restaurant...

Look at that pizza owner. She has received almost $1 million in donations. Prob more profit than she would make in 10 years running a restaurant...

Speaking of that, there's a poster going around on FB about how "Christians" are sending the pizza owner all that $$ while Food Banks are begging for donations. It's pitiful how some people who call themselves Christian act in such unchristian ways.

Let's stick to the topic of this thread... abortions is entirely different subject of this thread.

That why I'm not obligated to answer his questions anymore.

He needs to find out on his own.

Judgmental or not, nobody asks for or deserves death threats. Especially not a bakery.

I thought this was a good article of a Christian who actually gets it. http://tenthousandplaces.org/2015/04/01/bake-for-them-two/
Also it seems to me that many Atheists have a better understanding of the TRUE INTENT of the Bible than all the conservative Christians and politicians.
Honestly if the Pope (who I would argue is more Holy than any of these anti LGBT folks that are crying foul) says it's not his place to judge others. What do so many Christians really have a "God complex" and judge everyone

BTW. Where are all the Christians refusing to serve Divorcees. 50 biblical references against that. 1 biblical references against LGBT.
Hypocrisy.....

Do you know that I'm atheist as well?

Not surprised about all religions do have hypocrisies.

Do you know that I'm atheist as well?

Not surprised about all religions do have hypocrisies.
Oh, I was not intending it directed at anyone, I just thought it was a thoughtful assessment of the situation from a Christian POV. It just blows me away that so many millions of Theists don't understand the basic meaning of the Bible. How difficult is the idea of unconditional love? Probably why I like animals more than most people.

So...if one judges someone, they deserve death threats,
What do those judging the individuals deserving of death threats deserve?

Im not a christian, but heres some hypocracy i see from the other side..
so..
Wheres all the tolerence from the tolerence crowd. the gay lobby and agenda has hypocracy in spades, in how they treat others not sharing the same opinion with them.
Memories pizza is a.case in point.
not for even discriminating, or even denying anyone, for simply awnsering a hypothetical question...for a thought...
So much for tolerance..(cough)
As for athiests...well, they have left their fair share of millions dead, stalin, kim ill jong, poi pot,
So on....so forth...

Everyone has the right to their religious principles. It is guaranteed in the Constitution. No one should be forced to do something they do not believe in.

And don't feel that anyone should do or have to do something just because "everybody else is doing it!"...(heard that phrase a million times).

That should be an interesting project.

I'm curious what your criteria would be in deciding if a business is anti-gay or not. For example, with the bakery, suppose they serve lots of gay customers for all their baked goods such as cookies, birthday cakes, brownies, etc. Suppose the only product the bakery won't provide is wedding cakes for same-sex couples because their religion teaches that would be a sin for them to participate in. The bakery won't make cakes for gay weddings even if the cake is ordered by straight people. Would that be an anti-gay business?

How would they know they if a people is gay or straight if they came in alone ? And if a straight person order the cake there is no way the bakery would know it for a gay couple if nothing on the cake showing this. Not everyone has the 2 small dolls on their wedding cake .

Right.
What you do in your bedroom with who ever is only known to otherS if you advertise it, gay pride is veey much into.rubbing thier asses in others peoples faces...which i think goes to fuel allot of the hostility....

So...if one judges someone, they deserve death threats,
What do those judging the individuals deserving of death threats deserve?
Of course, death threats are not acceptable. Why did they (people who sent death threats) do that? Anger. Why were they angry? Judged by the bakers.

For example, I say you are fat or stupid which means I judge you, how do you feel about it?

The bakers refused service to gay couples, thus they judged them. IMO, that was a dumb move. Leave the religion outside of the business and provide service to everyone or don't run a business. Be peace.

Of course, death threats are not acceptable. Why did they (people who sent death threats) do that? Anger. Why were they angry? Judged by the bakers.

For example, I say you are fat or stupid which means I judge you, how do you feel about it?

The bakers refused service to gay couples, thus they judged them. IMO, that was a dumb move. Leave the religion outside of the business and provide service to everyone or don't run a business. Be peace.

Ive been refused service before,for prison ink, i accepted it, no death threats hurled..
Its called bieng a mature adult.
Bussinesses are private property...owners of their private property should have the right to use it as they see fit.its theirs. They worked hard to build it..
As for people leaving their religion someplace, thats an odd idea,
Maybe a deal.can be reached..
Gays leave their gayness at home,and maybe the religious people.could leave their faith at home...
Funny idea isnt it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back