FL Baker: We’re Getting Death Threats over Refusal to Make Anti-Gay Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not anymore? See, they have changed because time changes. My point is that when time changes, it changes people's thinking and they start to accept it. I believe that Europeans are much better than us because they accept those changes willingly. Even Christians there are open-minded.

Your argument is BASED on REGION.

Northern states have no issue with biracial for MANY YEARS but southern states didn't due to retaliate for loss during Civil War by striped the civil rights for black people until 1960s-1970s so it wasn't entirely about religion.

LGBT and abortion issues are EVERYWHERE so it is not driven into region only.

Totally different issue - for example, Reba support full civil rights for black people since she was young but oppose to homosexuality and abortion for many years.

If I am business owner, and when I see a person coming in shop with no shoes on, I have the right to refuse to serve.

Some 7-11 stores refuse to allow some black kids to enter the 7-11, racist? no, it is best for them because of numerous theft incidents at that hour peak. Business owner can say, please come in with any of your family member who are 18+ and who can supervise you.

Some restaurants ban kids because of the noise that distract others, and the business still went successful, because people would want to go restaurant with no children noises.

It is all about business' decision, like it or not, too bad, find somewhere else that will serve you better.

You can write review on YELP explaining about this business shop....that will either HURT or HELP the business.

Your argument is BASED on REGION.

Northern states have no issue with biracial for MANY YEARS but southern states didn't due to retaliate for loss during Civil War by striped the civil rights for black people until 1960s-1970s so it wasn't entirely about religion.

LGBT and abortion issues are EVERYWHERE so it is not driven into region only.

Totally different issue - for example, Reba support full civil rights for black people since she was young but oppose to homosexuality and abortion for many years.
That's all about religious beliefs. Those beliefs will always get weaker and weaker due to politicial powers. BTW, you have not answered whether the Pope approved the gay marriage or not.

CP

The difference between those Europeans and US.....less complex governing system. Easy.

sometimes when a war between both sides is not getting results, causing mass confusion with courts in discord, governments against governments, it is just best to say a truce and find common ground and pull ourselves back together as a nation before we tear ourselves even more apart. Both sides will not cave in. What about those who is in middle?

Remember the civil war that tore apart this nation, brother against brother for blacks to be free.. Change will not be easy. Just need a common ground.

I am just saying as a person who has friends, family, coworkers pitted against each other in this topic, it is Not going to be easy like you said, changes will happen and people will fight to the very end, it's a given that society is always evolving.

For those seeking compromise and coexistence are those people we need right now.

CP

The difference between those Europeans and US.....less complex governing system. Easy.

sometimes when a war between both sides is not getting results, causing mass confusion with courts in discord, governments against governments, it is just best to say a truce and find common ground and pull ourselves back together as a nation before we tear ourselves even more apart. Both sides will not cave in. What about those who is in middle?

Remember the civil war that tore apart this nation, brother against brother for blacks to be free.. Change will not be easy. Just need a common ground.

I am just saying as a person who has friends, family, coworkers pitted against each other in this topic, it is Not going to be easy like you said, changes will happen and people will fight to the very end, it's a given that society is always evolving.

For those seeking compromise and coexistence are those people we need right now.
That's a good quote. I like it. :thumb: Will that ever happen? Oh yes, it will. It takes time.

That's not my opinion. It's a fact that more states allow gay marriages and abortion which indicates any religious beliefs are not supported.

Sorry, it is still your opinion and please ask Reba about what she think?

Gay marriage is not top of issue (legal in most states now) but it is about some business owners won't offer the product to LGBT customers because of religious liberties.

Also, US Supreme Court sided with Hobby Lobby so it is victory for religious liberties.

Abortion? that's not true anymore and there are more abortion restriction passed in state legislature.

You need to research more before posting and stop being lazy, even you don't understand about what I'm means about.

Gay marriage is not top of issue (legal in most states now) but it is about some business owners won't offer the product to LGBT customers because of religious liberties.

Also, US Supreme Court sided with Hobby Lobby so it is victory for religious liberties.

Abortion? that's not true anymore and there are more abortion restriction passed in state legislature.

You need to research more before posting and stop being lazy, even you don't understand about what I'm means about.
Women lost rights to have abortion? That's unbelievable!

What? US Supreme Court declared some states' gay marriage bans unconstitutional.

What? US Supreme Court declared some states' gay marriage bans unconstitutional.

Hell no, you misunderstood BIG TIME!!!

It is about Obamacare mandate to require all businesses to offer birth control and Hobby Lobby objected and sued federal government in court and won, so businesses can use religious liberties to refuse to offer.

That why CP needs to research more and just use Google more instead of ask me too many stupid questions.

Yes, google up and find out yourself.

That's not case with California and New York.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_the_United_States

I am shocked to learn that those states in red don't allow raped women to have abortions. OMG! I feel sorry for those women (who want to have an abortion) in those states. BUT those states will change the law eventually, once they learn how to respect human beings.

You think so? LOL!!!

Look up and find out - there are a lot of articles.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hobby+Lobby

WTF? It's all about crafts stores.

Edited; I got it. Hobby Lobby is a craft store who won the lawsuit that they are not required to pay for birth controls under ACA. BUT what does it have to do women who get raped and get pregnant?

Let's stick to the topic of this thread... abortions is entirely different subject of this thread.

You think so? LOL!!!

Look up and find out - there are a lot of articles.
Like I said before, it takes time for people to change. "Oh, you have a baby from rape, too bad you can't have abortion!". Whoever has a right to tell that the woman can't have an abortion? OMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back