First person account: Weird act of Nature

I know people that call squirrels tree rats , I like wild animals , I just don't think it cute when they tried to get into your house . That fine with me if other peoples like having squirrels and chipmunks destroying their homes. I had to pay over $200 to have a mouse nest removed from my car and a neighbor had to pay over $300 to get
his motorcycle fixed after chipmunks chewed on the wires and I know someone car the got damage by chipmunks putting dog food on the engine .
And dogs never cause damage, right?

I was riding shotgun on highway 104 near the Hood Canal Bridge when a black bear jumped the guard rail. We were doing 60 plus. I'd say the bear missed the front of our car by 15 feet or less. No time to even react. You talk about something that can run fast. OMFG! :D

And dogs never cause damage, right?

never! they are too cute :giggle:

Chewing.jpg

Fuzzy

I read "Stanley Park" by Timothy Taylor.
http://vancouver.ca/parks-recreation-culture/stanley-park.aspx
It is quite a good book, albeit at times a bit slow.
if you intend to read the book - please don't read further as there will be spoilers!

The locale is set in Vancouver, BC, the main plot is about competition between two chefs - one all about local products and creating imaginative menus from that, and very hip and trendy chef who will fuse everything and anything from all over the world.
(there are also other subplots)
The "local" chef's father is an anthropologist who lives in Stanley Park studying homeless. how they hunt, what do they eat.
Then there is the cookout with judges who are supposed to guess what meats the local produce lover has prepared.
Now, if I remember correctly, it was either his father or the homeless or him and the homeless who helped supply the meat :whistle:

Fuzzy

My Lab was running around with a baby rabbit in it's mouth yesterday. I want to think he was just taking care of it. Anyway I got him to drop it and I think the little guy was ok. Or girl? :afro:

Back