First person account: Weird act of Nature

I bet that got your heart thumping good!

Yes it did.

When I was growing up, it was not illegal to keep a Goliath Grouper. Sadly, they have been hunted into near extinction and have been under Federal Protection for the past 30 years.

If you have Netflix, try watching "Chasing Monsters". The host does not hold a candle to Steve Irwin, but it is as close as you can currently get.

What kind of weird acts are we looking for? Last year had a spider in the backyard that was bigger than my hand, a storm that picked up a full trashcan (ones the garbageman gets) straight up with no variance in direction. ...

I think it weird that the squirrels and chipmunks like to eat nuts on our steps . I saw a chipmunk on our steps the other day they're getting too bold !

What kind of weird acts are we looking for?

It is weird, if its something that you witnessed for the first time. Just, like my and others examples above. Maybe, weird to you, but not to others, but who cares? That was a point I sorta failed to make.

I think it weird that the squirrels and chipmunks like to eat nuts on our steps . I saw a chipmunk on our steps the other day they're getting too bold !

they are so mushy awww, cute, though, eh? :)

th_a6ac4d3d-4d84-41d9-9f90-c1b6fe810477_zpshc1v0yvb.jpg

Fuzzy

It is weird, if its something that you witnessed for the first time. Just, like my and others examples above. Maybe, weird to you, but not to others, but who cares? That was a point I sorta failed to make.

Nature is weird all by itselfm... part of the beauty of it... and yes those of witnesses

I was driving down a curvy, mountain road and saw a small animal in the road ahead. Before I could see what it was a large bird of prey (no not a Klingon warbird), swooped down, snagged it in it's talons and carried it off.

Nature is weird all by itselfm... part of the beauty of it... and yes those of witnesses
I coulda, shoulda used other words instead of weird. Such as, interesting, ehchanting, impressive, captivating, gripping, thought provoking and others.

I coulda, shoulda used other words instead of weird. Such as, interesting, ehchanting, impressive, captivating, gripping, thought provoking and others.

Nah, your words work :) but nature is nuts lol
Bugs that shot boiling water out of its butt is something that gets me... but never saw except on nature shows.

they are so mushy awww, cute, though, eh? :)

th_a6ac4d3d-4d84-41d9-9f90-c1b6fe810477_zpshc1v0yvb.jpg

Fuzzy
No it not cute to me when rodents are getting so bold that come right up the door. They're trying to get into the building and the smell of dogs not keeping them away .

No it not cute to me when rodents are getting so bold that come right up the door. They're trying to get into the building and the smell of dogs not keeping them away .

aww come on - at least it's a cute rodent! I would understand if you were aghast if the rat was greeting you at the door :giggle:
everyone wishes that a squirrel or a chippie would come up close and be fed from a hand but you :dunno2:
what gives?? :dunno2:

although, think of it, the rats can be darn cute, too

white-rat-golden-teddy.jpg

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, dammit, I'm melting in a chair!!!!!

Fuzzy

aww come on - at least it's a cute rodent! I would understand if you were aghast if the rat was greeting you at the door :giggle:
everyone wishes that a squirrel or a chippie would come up close and be fed from a hand but you :dunno2:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, dammit, I'm melting in a chair!!!!!

Fuzzy
it was a chipmunk, and I don't think they're cute .

Fuzzy
Though I don't remember it (too young), my brother has a pet rat (thought it was a mouse when he asked mom if he could have it). Somewhere, I believe, there is a picture of the rat sitting on my mother's shoulder while she knits and watches TV. Head on one side of her head, tail on the other side.

Too bad WDYS won't see this lovely description of a PET RAT!!!! :D

Had a wild bunny that used to come cuddle in my room at night... kept my bedroom door open which led outside...

I know people that call squirrels tree rats , I like wild animals , I just don't think it cute when they tried to get into your house . That fine with me if other peoples like having squirrels and chipmunks destroying their homes. I had to pay over $200 to have a mouse nest removed from my car and a neighbor had to pay over $300 to get
his motorcycle fixed after chipmunks chewed on the wires and I know someone car the got damage by chipmunks putting dog food on the engine .

Back