First appointment

That's interesting. My friend had the surgery about 18 months ago, and has been sleeping sitting up ever since then. My friend told me that people with CIs aren't supposed to sleep flat. I didn't know that before.

Er...that is interesting. I have been sleeping flat in bed after the first two or three days since. I even sleep on my CI side with no problems either (that did take me a while to get comfortable with it as it healed). Maybe some people (with CIs) have problems sleeping flat in bed but I suspect that most don't like me. I do know I had no admonition from anybody about sleeping flat. I'd would be very skeptical about that statement being factually correct.

I can sleep flat and on my right side just fine, it's just that I feel more pressure when I am on that side. I cannot sleep on my left side because I have a large bandage on my head with a big padded cup on my left. I will probably be able to sleep on that side in a few days, though. I just like to sit up from time to time to relieve the pressure for a while.

Abel is taking real good care of me! :)

I am glad you are doing good so far! :thumb:

Too sweet that your Abel is taking care of ya! ;)

I can sleep flat and on my right side just fine, it's just that I feel more pressure when I am on that side. I cannot sleep on my left side because I have a large bandage on my head with a big padded cup on my left. I will probably be able to sleep on that side in a few days, though. I just like to sit up from time to time to relieve the pressure for a while.

Glad heard that he is take care of you :) Hey how you feel frist tme with ur CI?? It's does help well heard or what? just curious

Glad heard that he is take care of you :) Hey how you feel frist tme with ur CI?? It's does help well heard or what? just curious

Oh, I get activated (turned on) on Monday at 9:30 am, that will be my first time hearing with my CI. I am looking forward to it! I will let y'all know how it goes! :)

Oh, I get activated (turned on) on Monday at 9:30 am, that will be my first time hearing with my CI. I am looking forward to it! I will let y'all know how it goes! :)

Wow that fast! which you have only 4 days to left and let us know how it goes as long make sure don't make ur head more NOISE! haha

Lucia, I am SO happy you're back! I'm sorry for the pain but you must be doing a lot better now... :hug:

Now you have another wait to go.... only FOUR MORE DAYS!!!!! :run: :hyper:

:lol:

:lol: Cheri. I'll Lucia answer this more indepth, but it might be that through studies, they've learned that they can activate patients sooner? That'd be my guess, anyway.

)

I was told before my surgery by the audiologist at the CI center I go to that they could activate it the day after surgery if the person wanted it done that way. OUCH. I waited a week myself and I wish Lucia fast healing and how things aren't to ouchy on Monday. :)

I was told before my surgery by the audiologist at the CI center I go to that they could activate it the day after surgery if the person wanted it done that way. OUCH. I waited a week myself and I wish Lucia fast healing and how things aren't to ouchy on Monday. :)

Yeah, I was told I could have it activated the next day too, but I opted to wait til next week. I'm feeling a lot better, only pain in my left ear and left neck area. The tylenol with codeine is helping a lot. :)

I am glad the surgery went well Lucia. You'll have CI hook up on Monday already?? I thought ya should rest for a week or so then get it hook up. I got mine 4 weeks later. Rest alot and had it heal nicely.

Reba - I lay down flat after surgery. I had no plm with it. The ENT or audiologist didnt say anything. All they said was rest and dont lift anything heavy for four weeks.

Lucia,

I'm so sorry for not keeping up with everyone. Living under this rock sucks but I hope you're doing awesome!

You go, girl!

I am glad the surgery went well Lucia. You'll have CI hook up on Monday already?? I thought ya should rest for a week or so then get it hook up. I got mine 4 weeks later. Rest alot and had it heal nicely.

Reba - I lay down flat after surgery. I had no plm with it. The ENT or audiologist didnt say anything. All they said was rest and dont lift anything heavy for four weeks.

Yeah, the docs didn't tell me whether I should lay down or sit up...I guess it is just my own personal preference and I do it to my own liking, sometimes I like to lay down, sometimes I prefer to sit up. I alternate it every few hours. It works for me. :)

I'm happy to see everything went well for you. That is a fast activation date! I guess nowadays they can activate sooner and that's great, instead of waiting around 4 to 6 weeks in anticipation. Good luck at your activation, i'll be looking for your update. :) BTW...did you wear HA? I'm not sure if i read any of your posts that said you did. Just curious to know if you had any hearing prior to your CI.

I'm happy to see everything went well for you. That is a fast activation date! I guess nowadays they can activate sooner and that's great, instead of waiting around 4 to 6 weeks in anticipation. Good luck at your activation, i'll be looking for your update. :) BTW...did you wear HA? I'm not sure if i read any of your posts that said you did. Just curious to know if you had any hearing prior to your CI.

Thanks! Yes, I wore HAs up until I was 10, and couldn't hear anything anymore with the HAs so I stopped wearing them. I remember I could hear somewhat okay when I was very young, then barely hearing anything when I was 10.

...All they said was rest and dont lift anything heavy for four weeks.

Yea, I was told that too! They said some guy didn't pay attention to the instructions and lifted something heavy a week or two afterwards and suffered the consequences. It effected the performance of his CI. Apparently, it was never as good as it should have been for him. You bet I listened and did what they told me!!! Heck, a couple of days after my surgery I just squatted down (not bent over) to pick some weeds. I noticed wild tinnitus noises from that ever so slight effort and stopped right away and laid down (the tinnitus noise went away). Geez, one forgets that rising blood pressure in your body can play funny tricks on you when healing.

Lucia - Glad to see you are recovering... :D

Yea, I was told that too! They said some guy didn't pay attention to the instructions and lifted something heavy a week or two afterwards and suffered the consequences. It effected the performance of his CI. Apparently, it was never as good as it should have been for him. You bet I listened and did what they told me!!! Heck, a couple of days after my surgery I just squatted down (not bent over) to pick some weeds. I noticed wild tinnitus noises from that ever so slight effort and stopped right away and laid down (the tinnitus noise went away). Geez, one forgets that rising blood pressure in your body can play funny tricks on you when healing.

Lucia - Glad to see you are recovering... :D

Yeah, I was told not to lift anything 5 pounds or over until I have been cleared by my doctor.

OHHH I will have that exuse for my DHB! I'll have him to carry the laundry downstairs to wash and bring the clean clothes back upstairs. :giggle:

Yeah, I was told not to lift anything 5 pounds or over until I have been cleared by my doctor.

thats good question about laying flat.. i will ask my sons father if he did lay flat or whatever.. or if dr told him not to .. good question.. i will ask them myself too if i have one done on myself.. ha

meanwhile good to see ya in here, lucia.. rest aplenty and take it easy! heh.. :hug:

Back