First appointment

Hey Lucia, write down everything u heard also make a journal or report for Audiologist can read it what u have heard. Make a copy for them. It helps them to know. I did with mine. They were grateful with it otherwise they wont know what was going on.

Good idea *pulls out her trusty Happy Bunny notebook*

Here's a pic of me wearing my CI. ENJOY!

DSC00479.jpg

I'm glad that your appointment went well. :)

Here's a pic of me wearing my CI. ENJOY!

DSC00479.jpg
Awesome Lucia!!! I cannot wait to get Freedom next week. I ordered one and wanted to have RED on my speech processor. Guess what? They dont have RED for standard, only for mini. It isnt fair!! waaah!! ;)

Awesome Lucia!!! I cannot wait to get Freedom next week. I ordered one and wanted to have RED on my speech processor. Guess what? They dont have RED for standard, only for mini. It isnt fair!! waaah!! ;)

Awie! They should have them in EVERY color that exists!!! BTW I got some stickers from my audiologist for my BTES...some of them are very awesome! Especially the rainbow ones!

Lucia, are you comfortable with the BTE processor ? Is that heavy or disturbing ? How does that fits your ear without an earmold ?

BTW, awesome progress ! .. Your story will be a guide to me ,too. Because I'm thinking of getting a CI next year if I cannot get enoug my digital HAs.. I'm just trying to adjust !

Lucia, I see that you have taken off the right arm of your eyeglasses.. good idea to do that to allow your ear to heal. I am sure later on, you will be putting it back. wearing eyeglass and bte will give you a little noise due to microphone on the bte being close to the arm.

Lucia, are you comfortable with the BTE processor ? Is that heavy or disturbing ? How does that fits your ear without an earmold ?

BTW, awesome progress ! .. Your story will be a guide to me ,too. Because I'm thinking of getting a CI next year if I cannot get enoug my digital HAs.. I'm just trying to adjust !

They're pretty comfortable to me, not very heavy. The magnet inside my head is strong enough for the BTE processor to stay on. I can tilt my head all the way down and it doesn't fall off at all.

Thanks!

Lucia, I see that you have taken off the right arm of your eyeglasses.. good idea to do that to allow your ear to heal. I am sure later on, you will be putting it back. wearing eyeglass and bte will give you a little noise due to microphone on the bte being close to the arm.

Yep, because I had to wear bandages and I like wearing my glasses...in fact, my eyes does NOT like it if I am NOT wearing my glasses (even though I can see pretty good without them on). Yes, I will be putting it back on later. And actually it's the left arm, not the right. :)

WOW that's so cool! Take time to pick up the sounds. Like other said write up in the journal would be great! I would do the same...:) I cannot wait to get mine! :lol:

Enjoy it every moment of it!!! :thumb:

Glad to hear that you are doing so well! I never would have thought about noise being made from your glasses hitting the processor. Hmm, I wonder if that is why Lilly always takes off her sunglasses and turn em up side down, and puts em back on?

Freedom is more lighter than Nucleus 24 that I have. I tried the DEMO Freedom from Audiologist. Its much lighter. I couldn't feel it's there. With my Nucleus 24, I felt its there.

Glad to hear that you are doing so well! I never would have thought about noise being made from your glasses hitting the processor. Hmm, I wonder if that is why Lilly always takes off her sunglasses and turn em up side down, and puts em back on?

Ha ha! Lilly is one smart kid!

Lucia, glad you're doing really great!

And Redheadgirl, do you already have a CI (and welcome aboard!)

Awesome! I'm really glad things are going well for you so far!

Awie! They should have them in EVERY color that exists!!! BTW I got some stickers from my audiologist for my BTES...some of them are very awesome! Especially the rainbow ones!

I think if I were to get mine, I'd want a lime green one.

Back