Finances

rising gas cost? time to get a motorcycle/scooter!

or a bus pass....
That's something I wouldn't mind doing... if I had money!

Problem is... I bring a lot of things as part of my job. Things I need can't be carried on a motorcycle. :(

rising gas cost? time to get a motorcycle/scooter!

or a bus pass....

Depends on where you live. The town I am in has NO bus service to get a pass for. There is a service that you have to schedule AT LEAST THE DAY BEFORE and they don't run on holidays. Ad in today's newspaper (08/29/12) says "We will be closed for Labor Day Monday, September 3rd Any rides for Tuesday, Sept. 4 must be scheduled by 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 31"

Depends on where you live. The town I am in has NO bus service to get a pass for. There is a service that you have to schedule AT LEAST THE DAY BEFORE and they don't run on holidays. Ad in today's newspaper (08/29/12) says "We will be closed for Labor Day Monday, September 3rd Any rides for Tuesday, Sept. 4 must be scheduled by 3:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 31"

motorcycle/scooter then.

or...... a bicycle :aw:

That's something I wouldn't mind doing... if I had money!

Problem is... I bring a lot of things as part of my job. Things I need can't be carried on a motorcycle. :(

what soulchill said :lol: or even a trailer! I saw a few riders hauling a trailer. I saw that they're from South Carolina! :eek3:

images

but how much stuff are you talking about? My bike is fully loaded with top case, side cases, and tank bag. :eek3:

what soulchill said :lol: or even a trailer! I saw a few riders hauling a trailer. I saw that they're from South Carolina! :eek3:

images

but how much stuff are you talking about? My bike is fully loaded with top case, side cases, and tank bag. :eek3:

Oh yeah, forgot about the trailers.

cartrailer16.jpg

Three pages of threads, and no one mentioned gold/silver... Not surprised...
Let me be the first to mention gold and silver! ;)

I have noticed a huge increase in "cash for gold" businesses everwhere, but I'm hearing that they're rip-offs. They're worse than Pawn Stars. They either lie about the value of your gold so they can give you less money, or they offer you low cash for your gold... so low that you could probably get more money selling your used video game systems.

Has anyone actually gone to these "cash for gold" businesses?

Let me be the first to mention gold and silver! ;)

I have noticed a huge increase in "cash for gold" businesses everwhere, but I'm hearing that they're rip-offs. They're worse than Pawn Stars. They either lie about the value of your gold so they can give you less money, or they offer you low cash for your gold... so low that you could probably get more money selling your used video game systems.

Has anyone actually gone to these "cash for gold" businesses?

About time...

I have gone into these businesses just to find out what the hell they're up to. They buy your gold as cheap as they can and sell it for more money, and I supposedly the gold, when it leaves US shores, ultimately end up in the Asian gold market (China and India, mostly).

It is CRAZY that Americans are selling their gold, just like the Portuguese have sold theirs, while Asians, including Chinese and Indians are buying it hand-over-fist at times, especially when you get a very big drop like that happened Sunday night after the end of April last year. CRAZY!!!

These businesses do not care a whit that the gold is destined for those who will eventually be able to make the rules, and that does not include the Americans. I see them every day with fools out in the streets dancing with "We buy gold" signs.

About time...

I have gone into these businesses just to find out what the hell they're up to. They buy your gold as cheap as they can and sell it for more money, and I supposedly the gold, when it leaves US shores, ultimately end up in the Asian gold market (China and India, mostly).

It is CRAZY that Americans are selling their gold, just like the Portuguese have sold theirs, while Asians, including Chinese and Indians are buying it hand-over-fist at times, especially when you get a very big drop like that happened Sunday night after the end of April last year. CRAZY!!!

These businesses do not care a whit that the gold is destined for those who will eventually be able to make the rules, and that does not include the Americans. I see them every day with fools out in the streets dancing with "We buy gold" signs.
Remember when "cash for gold" first showed up? I think it was during one of the Super Bowl games. MC Hammer (Hammerman) was the spokesperson for it.

I later read a review about how they were really dirty. People would mail in their gold, only to get a letter saying that the value of their gold was actually a lot lower (if something was solid gold, they would claim it was either mixed with other metals or was actually gold-plated) and then pay them a very low price.

First, if your money getting tight and concern about it.

Remove your cable, cell phone or etc. It will help you to keep saving your money.

Second, if you plenty and good money. You can put saving your bank.

Also, you have to decide what you want to go out vacation or need to buy a new TV, Laptop, or etc. Important: Put saving money for Vacation till one year. Check how much earn they need for hotel, airplane, and etc.

You have to take one time a shopping for clothes and stuff.

Third, you need to get investment, retirement, and etc; are very important to put your saving money.

Hope that help. :)

I didn't really understand anything about finances or saving until I met my boyfriend. He is a financial planner and my money is invested with him. I am now saving my money so that one day I can buy my own home. But I do recommend a financial planner for anyone that has trouble saving or doesn't know anything that they can do with their money. I know with people like my bf, the sessions are free- the plans are free/help is free. So it can be beneficial to find out what your options are.

i see these COUPONS programme people buying hundred of £$ shopping amazing

Back