FCC fines Purple Communications $11.9 millions dollars for improper billing

btw -
I support the idea of giving hefty fine those who work for company and cheat them instead of having VRS pay fine for these scumbags.

huh? why? the company stole the money. they'll have to give it back to government.

there's a huge difference between an employee engaging in illegal activity that a company is unaware of and a company engaging in illegal activity. in this VRS case - everybody was involved including higher ups.

Oh my god, too much argument. :roll:

Terp are no longer able to bring much of anything into the Relay cube, EVEN basic cell phone, if caught in the terp cube, that terp is automatically terminated. Anything must be left outside of cube and at designated location.

Really. I had an interesting experience with an interpreter on VRS not long ago. She didn't seem very professional at all- stretching (like those long stretch you do in the AM when waking up), clothing was kind of...'tight' and oh yes.. she was busy putting on chapstick while the hearing person was messing around (that's another story entirely omg- a male ditz...)! So far I'm leaning to one more than the other in part due to what I saw but so far only one incident as I don't use VRS THAT much currently...

seemed teros M-Th are beginners. F to S are the best.

Really. I had an interesting experience with an interpreter on VRS not long ago. She didn't seem very professional at all- stretching (like those long stretch you do in the AM when waking up), clothing was kind of...'tight' and oh yes.. she was busy putting on chapstick while the hearing person was messing around (that's another story entirely omg- a male ditz...)! So far I'm leaning to one more than the other in part due to what I saw but so far only one incident as I don't use VRS THAT much currently...

There are things that I am aware of, and am not at liberal to say. Best I can say, there are TWO sides of the coin, having FCC penalties TRS companies for both sides of coin at times can be wrong, but FCC calls it politics. What I am saying is that I have seen where employee were doing something illegal and the company were NOT aware until like audit, bam! They (VRS) would be fined by FCC just because an employee did something wrong and view employees as a company. That part, DOES hurt the company bottom line, where not many were aware of. You see, FCC allows maximum of profit at 10% of gross income, fines takes part of these percentage away and if too many employees abused and getting caught, it can get company into bankruptcy.
When I work for TRS company back then, I knew FCC regulations and rules very well, and stayed within boundaries set by FCC. That is because I respect FCC AND the company that offered me compensation for my time, nothing more, nothing less. Just think about this, if I decided to break FCC regulation, and not letting my company know about this, would it be fair that I get away with it by just losing job (As if terminated), and having FCC impose my company heavy fine? Also, other issues that TRS faced another issues is that often TRS customers commits fraud too! If you think I never heard of a customer ask me how to cheat the FCC rules while I work at TRS company? You thought it WRONG! Yes, I have been asked how to beat FCC regulation, guess what? I documented it, and reported it and informed customer that they can not cheat the FCC regulations. You think hearing only? Nope, Deafies too! I have dealt with it many times, unfortunately :( I hope that I DID help FCC and TRS company bust these cheaters, but I don't know as it is outside of my hands.

I am not in mood to argue, and I am too tired to dedicate myself for Deaf rights with TRS. And my 6 years experience working with TRS was awesome, but at some cases its sad for me to see Deafies actually abused Deaf community.

I hope Greg Hlibok is doing the right thing while working for FCC. After hearing his perspective, I am with him all the way, at the same time I am nervous about who they select as default basic Video platform, and will they upgrade to meet future changes? That is WHERE I am not sure.

Oh my god, too much argument. :roll:

This is a proof of decline in quality of TRS services. More and more are pressured to do job at the speed that is nearly impossible to have a decent break. Terp is HUMAN not machine, but FCC wants them to run as if they are just machines. Also the pressure of losing job if not doing the job within FCC regulation. Sometimes simple mistake can be ground for termination. For instance, forgot to take cell phone out before enter the cube. BAM! bye, and banned from working for any TRS. Don't forget, we once had 51 VRS companies, now we are down to 6.

If we let FCC keep cut the rate, you will see less quality and less professional terps in coming months.

Will be interesting to see where the Neutral Platform goes- in what direction... and who will be overseeing it. I may have to watch for jobs :naughty:

1. Color Psychology: Explore the psychological impact of the color purple on communication and perception.
  2. Brand Identity: Discuss how companies use the color purple in their branding and how it influences consumer perception and communication.

Not news to me. Used to work for ZVRS and my former boss told me that FCC is watching all VRS for cheating. He told me that we should never cheat. Real problem is those who above him. He explained that not only ZVRS/Purple, other VRS did same. It's basically CEO just being greedy and tried to take advantage of FCC funds. That hurts all of us and hope FCC will stop them.

Back