FCC fines Purple Communications $11.9 millions dollars for improper billing

I am not surprised at all.

I knew this day was coming when several VRS allow anyone to be able to register a 10-digit number online without verify the name and address and also to verify if the person is Deaf or HoH. All they need is an email account and register online with fake name, even a hearing person could get 10-digit number easy.

Another VRS is doing the same thing so it won't be shocking if they get fined soon.

10-digit number is not free to give out and it does eat up VRS funds to maintain the 10-digit number database. VRS need to verify to make sure name and address and Deaf or HoH status before giving it to them.

Even VRS funds are paying for the 10-digit numbers that hearing people been registering without verifying first.

I am not surprise. I stopped use purple since few years ago. You knew it was same as Viable before. Unbelieved.

Well, perhaps some of them that FCC viewed as illegal may be legible Deaf users. I have seen actual Deaf users hiding their names by changing the name. Now you know why Sorenson no longer allows Deaf create their own user name. Too many abuses from Deaf people directly, VRS fault as FCC sees it? Hmmm who gets hurt? Its VRS after all.

My concern is if FCC is fining some billings, it is going to scare potential new companies in future.

Like I said since last year, there will be MAJOR changes next 4 years… For better or for worse? All I can say, I hope for better.

Lastly, I am currently uncomfortable with Purple, they hired three guys who in past has abused and stalked several women and customers. I am not sure WHY Purple hired these scumbags after one of them got fired from one of VRS company AND RIT/NTID in same weekend. I have SmartVP, and I have not used it, sticked with Sorenson since then. I also was turned off how Z treated one of Deaf company, stopped sponsoring that company and demand removal Z advertisement over some dispute which have NOTHING to do with that Deaf owned company. The rest, I don't seem to have issue with.

Anyway, that news, isn't new to me. I have know about this for years, like since VP-100/I-2EYE days.

No, Viable is the worst of the worst. The CEO, John Yeh probably one of the world most idiot CEO/Owner I ever know of. John Yeh >KNEW< and left plenty of evidences of his true intentions on abusing VRS billing. It was all written on black and white paper. Very powerful evidence of his own knowledge. FBI have intercepted the E mail from John Yeh to Anthony Mowl, clearly shows the plan how to cheat FCC. While CEO from other VRS have no hard evidence, and there is no evidence of CEO's knowledge on cheating with FCC. Purple CEO may not be aware of this, who does the billing to FCC? CEO do that work? No, CEO hired CFO, then CFO hires accountant/operations, those people MIGHT be loyal to Purple and decided to try help Purple getting more money by cheating FCC. That is a no no, again CEO's fault? No. Those account or those who did the billing should be terminated, unless they have evidence that they were instructed by CFO or CEO to cheat FCC.

Because of John Yeh, FCC now treat all VRS companies as potential fraudster and will do anything in power to bust tweety tiny mistake.

I am not surprise. I stopped use purple since few years ago. You knew it was same as Viable before. Unbelieved.

I stopped use Purple in 2012 and it was terrible company. :ugh:

Yes, and have you seen some Deaf/HoH AD members here create and post thread complaining that they can't get relay account. Because of history of abuses, making it more difficult for legitimate Deaf/HoH prove their qualification to get free relay services. Sometimes it is almost difficult to verify legitimate user.

I am not surprised at all.

I knew this day was coming when several VRS allow anyone to be able to register a 10-digit number online without verify the name and address and also to verify if the person is Deaf or HoH. All they need is an email account and register online with fake name, even a hearing person could get 10-digit number easy.

Another VRS is doing the same thing so it won't be shocking if they get fined soon.

10-digit number is not free to give out and it does eat up VRS funds to maintain the 10-digit number database. VRS need to verify to make sure name and address and Deaf or HoH status before giving it to them.

Even VRS funds are paying for the 10-digit numbers that hearing people been registering without verifying first.

You know that Purple is the owner of Wyndtell? OFC Wyndtell is no longer engage any business, but the ownership name of Wyndtell is Purple. And don't forget how Wyndtell screwed their customers back then.

I stopped use Purple in 2012 and it was terrible company. :ugh:

You know that Purple is the owner of Wyndtell? OFC Wyndtell is no longer engage any business, but the ownership name of Wyndtell is Purple. And don't forget how Wyndtell screwed their customers back then.

No, I didn't know that and oh wow...

My complaint with Sorenson - I didn't get free iPad as promise from manager that work at Sorenson in my state.

The truth is, FCC do not want VRS companies giving away free tablets, and they are working on disallowing them doing so.

Don't depend on their promises. They are just employee (EVEN managers) and many have no idea that they no longer can provide free stuff other than stand alone VP.

My advise is don't depend on such, such promises from ANY VRS companies. You may or may not be able to get what you want from VRS. Why did I say that? That is because FCC is currently working on full blown VRS reform starting as of last year with 4 years plan. So after 2016, we will see what will come out. Will we the Deaf be happy about it? I don't know.

No, I didn't know that and oh wow...

My complaint with Sorenson - I didn't get free iPad as promise from manager that work at Sorenson in my state.

The truth is, FCC do not want VRS companies giving away free tablets, and they are working on disallowing them doing so.

Don't depend on their promises. They are just employee (EVEN managers) and many have no idea that they no longer can provide free stuff other than stand alone VP.

Oh wow, I didn't know that.

It is just like no juice or soda for school lunch because of federal regulation.

That, precisely when anything is controlled by federal government, anything CAN change, sometimes BEFORE VRS company learn or find out! That is where, I am kinda of pissed off at FCC for doing such like that. Often VRS companies not realize until it is too late and FCC don't give damn because of their bad experience with Stupidest CEO known as John Yeh!

Majority of Deaf people actually have no clue on exact what is really going on behind the relay industry and often assumed what really was going on.

Like the famous quote "There are two sides of coin", meaning there are two sides of what is really going on.

Oh wow, I didn't know that.

It is just like no juice or soda for school lunch because of federal regulation.

Originally Posted by diehardbiker View Post

But ZVRS gives away free iPad when they stolen Sorenson s digital phone numbers. This iPad s Apple ID is provided from ZVRS. Can't add other iOS apps. I dislike that. Not worth for free ZVRS iPad.

But ZVRS gives away free iPad when they stolen Sorenson s digital phone numbers. This iPad s Apple ID is provided from ZVRS. Can't add other iOS apps. I dislike that. Not worth for free ZVRS iPad.

ZVRS iPad are outdated... old version.... junk

No, its not stealing, it is called abuse as FCC sees it. Yes, FCC got fed up with this, this is one of part why there are major reform undergoing. This part, I know for too long time and I know there will be changes, that is why I suggested don't take any promises because they can stop providing free at anytime. VRS will not lose anything when they break promises, remember where they get money from… you? No, its FCC.

Good or bad? I don't know, I hope that FCC don't start run "Government owned and operate" the hardware/software part. It appears that there will be return of "White label", with customer's choice that they can request specific terp or agency. FCC wants all VRS provider stop doing marketing, promote, etc and focus only on terp service. Will the company that FCC choose to set up platform know what they are doing? They are likely going go for bidding to lowest offer, Will it work? Will video quality be as good as Sorenson or what? I dunno.

No, its not stealing, it is called abuse as FCC sees it. Yes, FCC got fed up with this, this is one of part why there are major reform undergoing. This part, I know for too long time and I know there will be changes, that is why I suggested don't take any promises because they can stop providing free at anytime. VRS will not lose anything when they break promises, remember where they get money from… you? No, its FCC.

Good or bad? I don't know, I hope that FCC don't start run "Government owned and operate" the hardware/software part. It appears that there will be return of "White label", with customer's choice that they can request specific terp or agency. FCC wants all VRS provider stop doing marketing, promote, etc and focus only on terp service. Will the company that FCC choose to set up platform know what they are doing? They are likely going go for bidding to lowest offer, Will it work? Will video quality be as good as Sorenson or what? I dunno.
wwwwwhhhhhhaaaaaaatttttttt?

then phone companies like Verizon, Sprint, etc. should do same! :roll:

all VRS are crazy.. i am told that sorensen against gay peeps. and i am told that purple laid off lots of good people and i am told that zvrs is all bs..

jeez. i still use sorenson and purple both.

Simply erase all content and settings, then create a new apple ID.

all VRS are crazy.. i am told that sorensen against gay peeps. and i am told that purple laid off lots of good people and i am told that zvrs is all bs..

jeez. i still use sorenson and purple both.

I use Sorenson and Convo. I rarely use Purple.

Back