Fave Cake

cheesecake is my top favorite.. along with carrot cake..

And WHAT is Pepsi Cake? I've never heard of that.

I love Mint choc cake with andes mint candies, Rainbow cake with rainbow chips frosting!! Yummy! My mom always make cakes for birthday, retiring, baby shower, etc.:hyper: :type: :scatter:

My fave cakes:
Tirasmui
Choc cake w choc chip and choc frosting
Carrot cake w cream cheese frosting
Cheesecake w strawberry
Cheesecake w esposso (sp) coffee

Mommyof4

Angel

Off topic about ur wedding
What flavor do u pick out ur wedding cakes??? How many tiers are u planning???
Mommyof4

LOL no I haven't tried sponge fruit cake before, I don't like all fruits but mostly strawberries, I don't mind trying it one day ;) ....

Oh I love the Red velvet cake. My grandmother usually made that one every year for my birthday. My mother put an angel on the top of cake.

I heard, the color food red cause cancer. I think, I have my grandmother's old receipe somewhere in the cookbook at my Dad's house. It is alot of work to make that cake (homemade).

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 tsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 C. oil
1 C. buttermilk
2 oz. (1/4 C.) red food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla

PREPARATION:
Place all dry ingredients in bowl. Blend eggs with fork. Add oil and blend again. Add this mixture to dry ingredients and mix with wire whip until smooth. Add and blend buttermilk. Pour equally into three greased and floured 8" cake pans.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool ten minutes and remove from pans. Frost cake when completely cooled.

Icing

Mix together until light and fluffy:

· 1/2 stick butter
· 8 oz. cream cheese
· 1 lb. box of powdered sugar
· dash of salt
· 1/2 tsp. vanilla
· 1 C. chopped nuts

CHEESECAKE???? :barf: :barf: sowwy! I refused eat them! ICK!

My fave cake ummm

Red velvet cake
Chocolate cake
Pespi Cake (so rich, but so good!)

I make homemade frosting...I stopped buy frosting from store...

pepsi cakes! i would not eat this pepsi cakes im swear to god

I love the rainbow colored dot cakes.. :giggle: I know Im like a little kid, but dang I LOVE it!

Angel

Off topic about ur wedding
What flavor do u pick out ur wedding cakes??? How many tiers are u planning???
Mommyof4

*cont. off-topic*

There will be 777 tiers, no, 77...wait a minute, isn't it 7 layers?? :lol: As for the exact number of tiers, *points at Angel*...ask her. :giggle:

The flavor will be 'strawberry'....Ya know, awhile ago, she played and enjoyed Strawberry Patch (doll) and...ohhhh, that's another story for another time to tell. :D

~RR

--as for my favorite kind of cake, angel cakes are the best, with any kind of berries like strawberries, blueberries...etc.

My favorite cake actually comes in a different flavor cake and frosting every year. It is my birthday cake. One year, after my mom died, I told him how I missed my childhood birthday cakes from my mom. Since my birthday was usually near Easter, she always made me a three-dimensional "lamb" cake.

Anyway, secretly, my hubby found someone who could make me a lamb cake. Now, every birthday, he gets me the cake. It is still a surprise because each year the cake flavor and frosting flavor are different, and the decoration is different.

The first picture is my 9th birthday and you can see the cake; the others are recent ones from hubby.
Update:

This year he got me a carrot cake lamb. Notice the "garden" with carrots. :)

Shortbread Biscuit Cake with LOTSA chocolate :giggle:

Although it's not a cake I still love Tiramisù more than anything else as dessert! (of course home-made!!!!)

Jamie

Update:

That's a really cute cake. It is a nice tradition for you to have continued from your childhood. :)

I absolutely LOVE these cakes --

Tiramisu

Red Velvet Cake

Cheesecakes (either with Strawberry or Cherry Glaze)

Orange Juice Cake (so sweet but so tangy)

Oh and before I forget to add this -- These ice cream cake from Dairy Queen are "mmmm!" to die for! :D

Update:

OooOoO First of all, i think all of your birthday lambs are so beautiful. It's a sweet and thoughtful of your hubby. it's a nice feeling to have a tradition "lamb" cake for your birthday. I realllly love the decoration of your carrot cake lamb with cutie carrots. yummy

secondly, i love carrot cake!! I woud like to have walnuts, raisin and chocolate chips inside the carrot cake. i still eat carrot cake with out those yummy goodies inside, as well. Especially, i love cream cheese frosting. :drooling:

editted: were that gold necklace food/frosting too?

Oh I love the Red velvet cake. My grandmother usually made that one every year for my birthday. My mother put an angel on the top of cake.

I heard, the color food red cause cancer. I think, I have my grandmother's old receipe somewhere in the cookbook at my Dad's house. It is alot of work to make that cake (homemade).

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C. sugar
2 tsp. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 C. oil
1 C. buttermilk
2 oz. (1/4 C.) red food coloring
1 tsp. vanilla

PREPARATION:
Place all dry ingredients in bowl. Blend eggs with fork. Add oil and blend again. Add this mixture to dry ingredients and mix with wire whip until smooth. Add and blend buttermilk. Pour equally into three greased and floured 8" cake pans.
Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cool ten minutes and remove from pans. Frost cake when completely cooled.

Same receipt at it. My mother always made own it and add red food coloring last several years ago Taste was strong and sweet. Different taste between own making cake and package of mixing cake.

Back