Fast food clerk won't follow my written order

I was at the Jack in the Box the other day and came inside to my surprise, they have KIOSK machine that you can order on touch screen and pay by yourself while they prepare your order.

Here's what it looks like:

030909_1.jpg

030909_2.jpg

I used that, and I'm happy to know this is more convenient for me than write down the order which takes time.

Source: Jack in the Box Order & Pay Kiosk

That's nice!! It would have been a convenience for deafie and those who can't speak no English. :giggle:

Catty

i work at kfc and i can agree that some fast food workers are lazy and all that but in my case i dont like being treated as an idiot by the public on a daily basis. we get really busy sometimes and mistakes are made but if the customer is nice then i will do anything to make them happy. too often than not people at fast food restaurants get treated like they are uneducated morons. i had a lady scream in my face "go to college! only idiots work in fast food"... i couldnt mention that i am in college and almost done with my bachelors degree... just trying to pay my way through school. i have had food thrown at me, ect ect. and i agree with whoever said sometimes we have to do things to entertain ourselves.

I'd have to agree with you. Employees at fast food restaurants are, in fact, people too, and you don't know how they're day, week, or life has been going up to the point that you ordered your meal, who knows? I work at A&W and i've had a bunch of rough stuff come my way, could i concentrate on work? no, did people let up on me? of course not. So just try to keep that in mind.

However, it's not that hard to get an order down correctly using the pen and paper/pointing method. We had one deaf person come in and order for his family and we got his order out correctly the first time without complaint :)

I understand that...:)

but their are some Deafs that can not speak.

What I quoted from is about people not being able to get a job unless they SPEAK English,,,

If that was a law to be passed, Then deaf people would not be able to get one at all.

get my drift now. That was the point I was trying to make. :)

I talk like drunk. spurrrrrrred!

Receiving Correct Menu Order...

Over the years, at some point or another, I've found all of the fast food chains have made mistakes on my order. Does it happen every single time.. or every other time? No.. but it's happened enough that I always double check my "To Go" orders before I leave the store.

My suggestion would be to contact corporate headquarters if a particular manager/store keeps making the same mistake time and time again. One thing I learned in business school.. if a certain department consistently has problems (especially when it comes to employee turnover or mistakes), then the most likely cause isn't with the employees themselves.. but rather with the managements inability to properly train and guide them.

Shi-Ku Chishiki ShiKu.Chishiki@Gmail.com

There are almost no qualifications required for fast food jobs. They screw up everybody's order! Hearing, Deaf, everybody. They get paid little, usually get treated like crap by their bosses and customers, and it really is a bottom of the barrel job so they don't care if they get fired or not. Plus, if they're making burgers a certain way all day their brains are on autopilot, they're not even thinking about what they're doing anymore so it's alot easier to screw it up. Go to their website and complain. Tell them that you already talked to the store's manager and they were rude and the same thing is still happening. At the very least you'll get coupons for free food. Have your family members email too. If they realize it's more than one person with a problem at a certain place they're alot more likely to do something about it.

There are almost no qualifications required for fast food jobs. They screw up everybody's order! Hearing, Deaf, everybody. They get paid little, usually get treated like crap by their bosses and customers, and it really is a bottom of the barrel job so they don't care if they get fired or not. Plus, if they're making burgers a certain way all day their brains are on autopilot, they're not even thinking about what they're doing anymore so it's alot easier to screw it up. Go to their website and complain. Tell them that you already talked to the store's manager and they were rude and the same thing is still happening. At the very least you'll get coupons for free food. Have your family members email too. If they realize it's more than one person with a problem at a certain place they're alot more likely to do something about it.

Yup, can understand that it's a very low end job where no one wanted to do but have to do it for $$$

Catty

Back