Fast food clerk won't follow my written order

Were you sitting on the porcelain throne at the time? :giggle:

Hahaha, actually, that's pretty close, Reba. To preface, I changed out the toilets in our home a couple years ago to ADA toilets' they are tall, elongnated and healthier....everyone should have them. Anyway, I was at Home Depot earlier this week and needed to use their restroom; almost had a heart attack as I was sitting down...I thought I was going to the floor!

Last week, my hearing sister and I went out for dinner. We ordered our foods. The waitress brought our foods, not what we wanted. My sister had to correct her we want to order. The waitress said sorry and she took ours. She brought us our correct orders. I told my sister that I have noticed that they took all chickens out of my salad and then they put some shrimps in it but I found one chicken left in there, without bothering to change. She said to me, "wow, you are right!" Interesting! When we were done with our dinner. The waitress came and gave us a check and I looked at a check. Wow... they were supposed to overcharge us because we know that our foods are expensive, my sister told her about this situation and the waitress said not to worry. Wow... how nice of her?!

Hahaha, actually, that's pretty close, Reba. To preface, I changed out the toilets in our home a couple years ago to ADA toilets' they are tall, elongnated and healthier....everyone should have them. Anyway, I was at Home Depot earlier this week and needed to use their restroom; almost had a heart attack as I was sitting down...I thought I was going to the floor!

:rofl2: That's something you're so used to then what's next in other place :eek2:

Catty

Last week, my hearing sister and I went out for dinner. We ordered our foods. The waitress brought our foods, not what we wanted. My sister had to correct her we want to order. The waitress said sorry and she took ours. She brought us our correct orders. I told my sister that I have noticed that they took all chickens out of my salad and then they put some shrimps in it but I found one chicken left in there, without bothering to change. She said to me, "wow, you are right!" Interesting! When we were done with our dinner. The waitress came and gave us a check and I looked at a check. Wow... they were supposed to overcharge us because we know that our foods are expensive, my sister told her about this situation and the waitress said not to worry. Wow... how nice of her?!

That's nice of Waiteress. They are supposed to keep customers happy if they spotted mistake. Just simply go back to the waiteress and explain about food situation. Glad that you got it corrected.

Catty

Catty, you need show your attitude at employee whoever gave you a wrong food due fail to read your note.

I dont have problems ordering fast food. I kind of have my own system though and dont use written English when ordering.

I was at the Jack in the Box the other day and came inside to my surprise, they have KIOSK machine that you can order on touch screen and pay by yourself while they prepare your order.

Here's what it looks like:

030909_1.jpg

030909_2.jpg

I used that, and I'm happy to know this is more convenient for me than write down the order which takes time.

Source: Jack in the Box Order & Pay Kiosk

Wow! Jack in the Crack has this?! I never liked their "food," though. Yuck, 1000 island dressing on burgers?! :barf:

By the way, when I was in Simi Valley, California during spring break, and an assistant manager at the McDonald's didn't know what to do with a traveller's check, nor did she know the change to give for an order of $6.63 and was $20 short. Unbelieveable!

I had same problems with ordering my food at Taco Bell I did wrote down my order for me and my daughter . We ended up getting wrong food and I had to show them their mistake I asked the manager to look at the mistake ..... the cashier just shrugs in front of me and I was surprised to see that . Plus we were not getting good services there ... So we went to a different Taco Bell and we got correct food and great service.

Another thing ...sometimes I ask for a paper and a pen to write down my order she will ask me "Can y read my lips ?" I shake my head and says NO I do not want to read yur lips I signed for ( writing ) paper and pen she get annoyed with me and the line behind me get longer and longer cuz she refused to give me a paper until finally someone in the line tapped my shoulder and says YU deaf ?? I said yes ,.... she told the cashier that I am deaf ......... and I need to write down my order so she finally gave me the paper to write down my order .......

So from now on ............ I bring my own paper and a pen to write down my order to any places .

I was at the Jack in the Box the other day and came inside to my surprise, they have KIOSK machine that you can order on touch screen and pay by yourself while they prepare your order.

Here's what it looks like:

030909_1.jpg

030909_2.jpg

I used that, and I'm happy to know this is more convenient for me than write down the order which takes time.

Source: Jack in the Box Order & Pay Kiosk
Wow... that's awesome!

I think I'll check out my Jack-in-the-Box locations and see if they have those yet. :)

Wow! Jack in the Crack has this?! I never liked their "food," though. Yuck, 1000 island dressing on burgers?! :barf:

By the way, when I was in Simi Valley, California during spring break, and an assistant manager at the McDonald's didn't know what to do with a traveller's check, nor did she know the change to give for an order of $6.63 and was $20 short. Unbelieveable!
The only thing I like from Jack-in-the-Box are their Ultimate Cheeseburgers and Tacos. :)

i work at kfc and i can agree that some fast food workers are lazy and all that but in my case i dont like being treated as an idiot by the public on a daily basis. we get really busy sometimes and mistakes are made but if the customer is nice then i will do anything to make them happy. too often than not people at fast food restaurants get treated like they are uneducated morons. i had a lady scream in my face "go to college! only idiots work in fast food"... i couldnt mention that i am in college and almost done with my bachelors degree... just trying to pay my way through school. i have had food thrown at me, ect ect. and i agree with whoever said sometimes we have to do things to entertain ourselves.

KFC always messed up my order (dark chicken, not white chicken which I ordered, wrong drinks Diet Coke, why give me coke for???),. My son like there though.

i work at kfc and i can agree that some fast food workers are lazy and all that but in my case i dont like being treated as an idiot by the public on a daily basis. we get really busy sometimes and mistakes are made but if the customer is nice then i will do anything to make them happy. too often than not people at fast food restaurants get treated like they are uneducated morons. i had a lady scream in my face "go to college! only idiots work in fast food"... i couldnt mention that i am in college and almost done with my bachelors degree... just trying to pay my way through school. i have had food thrown at me, ect ect. and i agree with whoever said sometimes we have to do things to entertain ourselves.

I usually don't have a hard time at fast food places, unless I am ordering thru drive thru and I can't hear on those stupid intercoms. Also if the person has an accent forgettt it....like if i go to a chinese restaurant or have to order over the phone i make my friends or my mom do it cuz most of the time i have nooo idea what's going on lol

I will say, formerly working in a "fast food" situation ie. Starbucks, it is VERY easy to go auto pilot while making things. Like someone comes in and says I want a Venti with whip Caramel Macchiato. They don't normally get whip, just foam and caramel. Then the person looks at me and says, Is there whip? I remember and have to top it off. Or frequently the order gets processed, I would start the drink and THEN I hear, oh, could you make that nonfat, or sugar free or decaf.

It's never a problem to have to change orders and employees who work in fast food business or restaurant situations SHOULD be able to either change on the fly or accept that they either A. screwed up the order, or B. the person ordered wrong but it's still going to be your fault. Just say "Oh I'm sorry!" Mean it, and remake it the correct way. If the customer is still upset, offer some kind of repair to them such as a coupon or a "Sorry for such a bad experience, the next one is on the house".

If you have gone to the assistant manager or manager and nothing has been done about a repeat bad performance from their employees, ask for the district manager's contact information. THIS I would hope, solve those issues. Especially (from reading the first poster), if these TB/KFCs are relatively close to one another, they are probably in the same district, ie, same district manager. Tell them hey I had a good experience here, what is happening in your other store for it to be so bad?

Finally, I've been given written orders from both deaf customers and hearing customers (coworker getting the order for someone else). It is always written clearly and cleanly. If it is not legible, the employee should ask for god's sake! It would probably make things go quicker asking for clarification than making it wrong and having to remake it! Or for instance, we had many people ask for sugar free and nonfat. If the drink typically comes with whip, I would ask, do you still want the whip on that? Most say no! It's not that hard to communicate or write!

There are unfortunately lazy employees in these businesses that give good ones a bad name. But truly, try going to the district manager and if you don't get that information or wrong information. Go online and file a complaint! :)

~*~Carly~*~

Do they know you are deaf? Some people would take it as an insult if they don't know why you wrote down the order.

I used to work at a convenience store. I have trouble understanding people sometimes especially when I can't pronounce some of the cigarette brands. There was one black lady who asked for certain brand of cigarette. I couldn't really understand her very well so i asked her to repeat . She got mad at me and asked me if I had a problem with her (I've met her several times before, but you know people ask for cigarette all day long so I can't remember everyone). I guess she took it as an insult that I asked her to repeat several times . I had to explain to her that I am hard of hearing and it takes me awhile to get used to different people's speech. And that sometimes I don't know how to pronounce some of the cigarettes so I can't figure out which is which.

people usually point it out for me so that's how I managed. What I really needed was someone who would pull me aside in a quiet time and help me pronounce some of these cigerettes.

Last edited:
I usually don't have a hard time at fast food places, unless I am ordering thru drive thru and I can't hear on those stupid intercoms. Also if the person has an accent forgettt it....like if i go to a chinese restaurant or have to order over the phone i make my friends or my mom do it cuz most of the time i have nooo idea what's going on lol

I order thru the intercoms and never understand what they say. I always say a little prayer that they were able to understand me and give me the right order. 99% of the time, it has been successful! LOL! :lol:

I went to Dell Taco the other day.. Ordered a bean burrito with NO cheese, sauce or onions for my son. Explained it important NO CHEESE!!.. He not only get cheese, but onion and sauce. Grrrrr. Didn't know until I get home. No burrito for Brayden. Too far away to go back. I call, and can you believe get a machine!

It is aggrivating that you can not get correct order when you pay for food. Unfortunately workers don't care. Not important for them to do it right. As long as they get paid!

I order thru the intercoms and never understand what they say. I always say a little prayer that they were able to understand me and give me the right order. 99% of the time, it has been successful! LOL! :lol:

Ditto

. I've done that several times ordering Chocolate Milkshake at McDonald's drive through.... . I made sure that the order screen listed correctly under intercom. One time they listed Strawberry Milkshake and I told them "Chocolate! Chocolate! NOT Strawberry!!" .. I watched the screen added "Chocolate Milkshake then deleted "Strawberry Milkshake" and I say "Thankyou" then pulled up to window. It was a hispanic guy at the cashier window.. :giggle: .

I can order meal myself on drive through but sometime they don't get what I say and I pulled up to window. The cashier told me she didn't get what I say. I told them what I want and laughed about it. :giggle:

Catty

Back