fans of manga?

I read a couple manga. Lets see I read Berserk, AIKI(Love Air), Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge(recommended). I saw Battle Angel Alita movie a long time ago. I heard the story continues in the manga so I been wanting to read it. Hey Vamp do you know how many are out there?

One Manga | Your online manga reader.

Long list of mangas to read there. Have fun. :D

Last edited:
neat. thank you for the link. the list you mentioned first, i'm reading berserk right away.

When I find time I will start reading Bokurano. I have watched anime version up to ep 13 and it's very painful story. It's sort of like Death Note, not for faint of heart. Very grimy.

I have heard that manga is even more dark than anime so I am going to check it out.

Have anyone read Bokurano before?

I also heavily recommend the Vampire Hunter D novels. They are amazing stuff. The first VHD movie really was only like 20% of what the book shows.
I keep hunting for the new VHD manga, but it seems either elusive or just hasn't been released.

i'm not trying to stir up trouble with y'all. honestly. but isn't reading manga considered geeky? i had to google to find out what was manga.

given that annasophia robb's lyric on my list, what manga would you recommend me? i'm sick with a nasty flu and i'm bored. give me something good to read. plz with some maple syrup on it.
It wouldn't be "geekly" because it's a form of comic book.

There's Garfield comics, Archie comics, Superman comics, etc...

If you read those and I don't, would I have the right to call it "geekly"?

Manga is a new style (at least in USA), and it's not the only geek or nerd folks that is reading it now. It's popular with high school students now. So basically "normal" folks will read it the same way "normal" folks read the novels.

Hunter Vampire D is that good? I remember watching movie and wasn't that impressed with it.

It wouldn't be "geekly" because it's a form of comic book.

There's Garfield comics, Archie comics, Superman comics, etc...

If you read those and I don't, would I have the right to call it "geekly"?

i don't read comic books because i think it's geeky to read. i dare say that you have the right to call it geeky. but wolfdog has a point. i guess i'm a "normal" geek for liking berserk. shit it's full of action and gory. i'm on volume 25 right now.

If you like vampire hunting, you 'll read about the best vampire hunter ever in Vampire Hunter D. There are currently 5 or 6 volumes of the novel that are available , usually found with manga in a book store. There is supposed to be a new VHD manga debuting in August, but I haven't seen it in stores yet.

:shock:Wow!!! I just finished the final volume of the Death Note manga series. Man what an ending!!! When I got to volume 11 I had to read it straight until volume 12 to the end! Very very powerful ending! I usually sell books after I'm done reading but not this series. I'm keeping it.

Keep reading Vamp!! You got to finish this series.

:shock:Wow!!! I just finished the final volume of the Death Note manga series. Man what an ending!!! When I got to volume 11 I had to read it straight until volume 12 to the end! Very very powerful ending! I usually sell books after I'm done reading but not this series. I'm keeping it.

Keep reading Vamp!! You got to finish this series.
*groans*

I guess I'll do that... right now or whatever. :(

Your welcome. :D

I take it im on your ignore list vamp :/ Ah well.
What ignore list?

You referring to the link you gave us?

I already had all 12 volumes before you showed us the link.

What ignore list?

You referring to the link you gave us?

I already had all 12 volumes before you showed us the link.

No its not about the link. You said you read Battle Angel Alita so I ask how many graphic novels are out there and you never answered. :|

So how ya doing? :D

No its not about the link. You said you read Battle Angel Alita so I ask how many graphic novels are out there and you never answered. :|

So how ya doing? :D
Oh, sorry... must have overlooked that one. My bad.

To answer your question, I don't know.

According to Wikipedia, there are 9 books. From what the list looks like, it seems like there are actually 9 stories... multiple volumes each. If that is the case, then that would be 9 times whatever books they have per story.

Battle Angel Alita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BTW... I'm good. :)

Often times comics are printed in black and white to save money. It costs them money to make them in color so in turn they make them black/white also making it affordable for us to buy them.

They do make Bone in color as well. First when it came out it was in b/w issues then in volumes in b/w (tradepaperbacks) then lastly, they came out with the complete story of Bone in thick paperback in color. Jeff Smith is a good artist. I hope he makes more comics in the future.

Back