fans of manga?

Dr. Strangelove

Reaction score
Anyone else here fans of manga? Manga is the Japanese style of comic books. I noticed Magatsu brandishing a Blade of the Immortal avatar, so I wondered who else collects, reads, and loves manga?

I currently collect HunterxHunter, BotI, Vagabond, Bleach, and Dr. Slump. I highly recommend HxH, BotI, Bleach, and espeically the hilarous Dr. Slump. Dr. Slump is the manga that Akira Toriyama wrote before writing/drawing Dragon Ball.

I'm a fan of mangas. I've got a few hentai mangas such as "Hot Tails". :naughty:

I am new and just found this post and it's 2 years old! :ugh3: Oh well. Better late than never eh?

I am an adult who loves to read mangas! My favorites are Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, DragonBall, Kare Kano, Sensual Phrase, Akira, Please Save My Earth and many others. :thumb:

I've only seen one Anime which was Akira. I have the graphic novel set and thought it was excellent and hoped the movie would be too but it was ok. The books are always better than any movies it takes after.

Another cute graphic novel for kids is called "Bone" by Jeff Smith. I recommend it for late pre-teens to teenagers. It is in comic book format. Very well drawn and has a great story to it. :giggle:

Attachments

• bone.jpg
    bone.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 4
I am a fan too.

I read Ghost Hunt, Rebirth, InuYasha, and Naruto just to name some. I watched a lot of anime shows. Anyone here a fan of toku shows too?

I am surprised that this thread isn't filled with many people. Manga is such a visual thing that I would think many deaf people would have liked.

I am a fan too.

I read Ghost Hunt, Rebirth, InuYasha, and Naruto just to name some. I watched a lot of anime shows. Anyone here a fan of toku shows too?

I am surprised that this thread isn't filled with many people. Manga is such a visual thing that I would think many deaf people would have liked.

I agree with you. Mangas have not been out that long, maybe a little over 5 years so it hasn't really caught on with deaf people yet, I think. Or else they are too old to think to be reading 'comics'.

I like InuYasha too. I've read it. Ranma 1/2 too by the same author. The best one from her to me was Masion Ikkoku because it was like reading one long story from the beginning to the end. The other titles have variety of stories in each volume.

I buy alot of my mangas on eBay or an online bookstore. I wouldn't pay retail price for them in my local bookstores.

I usually just buy em on Amazon, I don't know if it's cheaper that way, but I do get free shipping if I buy enough of it.

I tried to watch Ranma 1/2 on anime version but did not like it very much.

I haven't read Masion Ikkoku, I have never heard of it until you mention of it.

I usually read Naruto for free online. Only problem with ones I liked was that they are epic. They come in many volumes which can be quite expensive if you are buying all of em. But it's so hard if they are actually worthy additions to your collections.

I know I will want to buy all of Naruto one day. Naruto is probably one of best story I have ever read. No wonder that it's so popular.

Often I would try to replace manga version with anime version like I did with Bleach or Death Note. It's easier to get anime fansub version and save it on my hard drive for free, rather than buy all of manga volumes.

You are right about mangas being expensive to buy, especially the epic ones. I buy them on Amazon too as well as other places, then when I'm done reading them, I sell them back out on eBay or Amazon. This way I can afford them.

I found out RightStuf is cheaper than Amazon for manga books and DVD Animes but in order to get free shipping, you need to spend $49.00 or up. Check it out at Welcome to The Right Stuf International, YOUR Anime Superstore and Web Resource.

If there are a series I like alot, I will collect them and then keep them. I only have a few sets that I will keep whereas others I sell as soon as I'm done reading em. I don't care for Anime. I have 4 volumes of Naruto manga books and was going to wait to collect the rest before reading it. Glad to hear that it is one of your favorites. I will definitely look forward to reading it once the series is complete. The books are still ongoing, being published in English for us. I'm not sure if they are complete in Japan as they are always first before we do.

SilentWolfDog, thanks for posting your interests. It was nice to know there are others out there that like to read mangas or Animes. I checked your website and I loved the 'Last Kiss' picture of InuYasha. It's beautiful!! :)

There's a new series that came out called "Death Note" (manga). They also just completed their first season of Death Note (anime) and a couple live-action movies as well.

It's about this guy who finds this little black book laying on the ground. He picks it up and begins to read it. He realizes that every name that's written in the book... that person will die.

Death Note - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I plan on getting the manga when I have time. The same goes for the anime.

I found out RightStuf is cheaper than Amazon for manga books and DVD Animes but in order to get free shipping, you need to spend $49.00 or up. Check it out at Welcome to The Right Stuf International, YOUR Anime Superstore and Web Resource.

SilentWolfDog, thanks for posting your interests. It was nice to know there are others out there that like to read mangas or Animes. I checked your website and I loved the 'Last Kiss' picture of InuYasha. It's beautiful!! :)

Is RightStuf a trustworthy site?
Thank you for checking my artworks! Thank you for sharing your opinion on it. I appreciate it. ^^ I agree that it's nice to know there's another folks who also enjoyed those thing.

About Naruto you will have to wait forever, lol. In Japan they are not done with Naruto yet. Naruto will have two time phrases. One when he was a young boy and one with time skip where he is few years older. I think there's over 300 chapters now. I read one that was translated by fans online.

Vamproxy, about Death Note, I also watched fansub anime version so they are done with it now. There's only 37 ep on anime and 12 volume on manga. It was a short story, not a epic one. I know US is still releasing em on DVD. I am not planning to get em because I have already saw em all, but I do recommend you to try it out. It was good and twisted.

About anime on DVD, how many anime have you,guys known that has CC/SDH on it rather than regular subtitles? I know only Guyver and it was first anime tv series that I knew that has CC on DVD, and probably the only one. I knew there's very few anime movies that has CC/SDH on it. Especially ones that come from ADV and Disney company.

Yes, I've bought from Rightstuf a few times already and found it's service to be almost better than Amazon. They ship a day or two after you place your order (as long as the item is in stock) and then depending on where you live, it arrives real quick, the items are packaged well. I've ordered from them twice already and I plan to come back often.

Yeah I realize that I have a long wait before Naruto is complete. :eek3: Oh well. I've waited 1 to 3 years for certain series to be complete so I'm used to it. They just sit on my bookshelf...waiting and waiting...The longest one was Ranma 1/2. It took a long time from the first volume to the last which was I think, was 38 volumes!?

People have been giving Death Note good reviews so I'm looking forward to reading that series next. I have 11 volumes so far and am waiting for the last one to come out! Yay!

I am not a fan of Anime so I couldn't comment on it. In fact, I've only bought one Anime DVD titled Akira because I loved the graphic novel. It's an excellent story that really blew my mind!! So I figured, why not see the movie based on the manga. It turned out to be ok. The books are always better than the movies. Akira DVD was in CC. Or was it subtitled I don't remember. I'll have to watch it again.

battle club s my fave and gto the early years and uhh well other comic i cant rmemeber the names cuz its japanese word well title whatever
i love the comedy seriously
and one thing whats with japanese and their breast size? almost everyone of themt end to have ridiciously large bust

Sometimes, you can get good deals at anime conventions.

You either get them in bulk at discount prices or buy them tax-free. ;)

Sometimes, you can get good deals at anime conventions.

You either get them in bulk at discount prices or buy them tax-free. ;)

Heh. Too bad my state only host one, once per year. And it's about 2 hrs 30 mins from where I live. I did not know until recent that my state have one. If I have a chance I will go one day.

Especially to dress up...I love costumes...I am such a kid when it come to costume.

There's a new series that came out called "Death Note" (manga). They also just completed their first season of Death Note (anime) and a couple live-action movies as well.

I plan on getting the manga when I have time. The same goes for the anime.

VampPyroX, Death Note sounds interesting! I have all the volumes and need one more to complete the series. I'll be reading it soon. The bookstores say that Death Note is popular.

By the way I LOVE that little animated character you have below your posts. I usually take a minute to watch it. I just adore it very much!! What is this character called? You seem to have many different variations of it and I've seen most of them.

VampPyroX, Death Note sounds interesting! I have all the volumes and need one more to complete the series. I'll be reading it soon. The bookstores say that Death Note is popular.

By the way I LOVE that little animated character you have below your posts. I usually take a minute to watch it. I just adore it very much!! What is this character called? You seem to have many different variations of it and I've seen most of them.
They are called Tuzkis... Chinese rabbits.

As for the volumes, how many do you have. Last I checked, they had 12.

Thanks for the name of the adorable character.

I have 11 volumes of Death Note and am going waiting for the last volume which is the 12th volume to come in. It was already released on July 3rd.

Another great series I thought was, "Battle Royale" which is complete and has 15 volumes total. It is about high schoolers who are chosen to fight/kill among each other and only the sole survivor wins. It isn't for the faint of the heart but the story and artwork are excellent with alot of violence and adult situations.

For those who like Samurai type of mangas, my favorites are Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal.

There are soo many mangas out there that there is something for everyone. :ugh3:

VamPyroX,

Sorry for repeating the question about Tuzki. I found another post today about people asking you about that and how you did it and you explained where it can be found.

You must get tired of that question but you get alot of compliments on it which is a good thing. :)

Thanks for the name of the adorable character.

I have 11 volumes of Death Note and am going waiting for the last volume which is the 12th volume to come in. It was already released on July 3rd.

Another great series I thought was, "Battle Royale" which is complete and has 15 volumes total. It is about high schoolers who are chosen to fight/kill among each other and only the sole survivor wins. It isn't for the faint of the heart but the story and artwork are excellent with alot of violence and adult situations.

For those who like Samurai type of mangas, my favorites are Vagabond and Blade of the Immortal.

There are soo many mangas out there that there is something for everyone. :ugh3:
I've got all 12 volumes. I'm currently at the 4th volume and it's really good... pretty evil too. :twisted:

no lately manga interest me anymore. Last time I was interest on ummm Ranma 1/2

I've just finished the 6th volume. Whew, it's powerful.

Back