fans of manga?

I 'm very curious about Death Note myself.
The last manga I read was Bleach #18. (?) Pretty awesome manga.

I've been kind of looking for the new Vampire Hunter D manga due out this month.

Know what I realized? After reading 6 volumes... one after another... for a couple days... I screwed up my reading patterns that when I started reading my Archie digests, I was reading it wrong! Argh!

In case some of you are wondering what I mean, there are a couple of key differences between regular comic books and manga. Comic books are like every other books, you start at the first page and read left to right. However, with mangas... you start at the last page and read from right to left.

I was reading my Archie digest from right to left, only to realize it wasn't making sense. *smacks head* Heh!

I have Archie Digests too!! It's pretty weird going from Manga to American Comics. There are some manga books that are read from left to right and I'm always happy about that. But most are from right to left. I'm used to it.

I can see where you are coming from, reading it wrong after reading mangas for awhile. That's pretty funny!:lol:

Now that I'm into mangas, it's hard for me to go back to Archie or any normal comics. I also collected Disney comics as well when I was a child.

I liked reading from right to left because it kept true to the picture. That's why in InuYasha volumes, Sesshomaru's armless is in a wrong place. It's little annoy but of course I get used to it.

I've just finished the 6th volume. Whew, it's powerful.

I look forward to reading it soon!! Sometimes I buy a complete manga series and find out it's lousy. I hate that. But with you giving Death Note good reviews, I won't be wasting my money.

I look forward to reading it soon!! Sometimes I buy a complete manga series and find out it's lousy. I hate that. But with you giving Death Note good reviews, I won't be wasting my money.
Try searching for CBR editions online. ;)

Another cute graphic novel for kids is called "Bone" by Jeff Smith. I recommend it for late pre-teens to teenagers. It is in comic book format. Very well drawn and has a great story to it. :giggle:

yeah I remmy back in early 90s. The number 1 issues was worth over 100 dollars. But now are they still worth more than 100 bucks? I wonder. Strange Bones comics are in Black and White prints.

I've just finished the 6th volume. Whew, it's powerful.

Vam, did you finish Death Note yet? I finally am starting volume 1 and it is excellent! I'm already drawn into it!! I love the character Ryuk and the way he observes Light's plan of killing people. I love it already at volume 1 and I'm only half way through it. I look forward reading the rest of the volumes. I read on Amazon's reviews, some people weren't happy with the last volume on how it ends...but on the other hand, some people were happy with the ending. How do you like the ending Vam? I'm hoping the ending leaves you satisfied reading a great long story. :fingersx: (Don't tell me how it ends though!!)

Vam, did you finish Death Note yet? I finally am starting volume 1 and it is excellent! I'm already drawn into it!! I love the character Ryuk and the way he observes Light's plan of killing people. I love it already at volume 1 and I'm only half way through it. I look forward reading the rest of the volumes. I read on Amazon's reviews, some people weren't happy with the last volume on how it ends...but on the other hand, some people were happy with the ending. How do you like the ending Vam? I'm hoping the ending leaves you satisfied reading a great long story. :fingersx: (Don't tell me how it ends though!!)
After I left Rochester, I haven't read anything yet. I've only completed the first 7 volumes. :)

Where are you now?

After I left Rochester, I haven't read anything yet. I've only completed the first 7 volumes. :)

Where are you now?

I'm at the 4th volume now. It's excellent! Keeps me glued into this story! I'm at where they discover there is a second Kira. Real interesting!

By the way have you read Akira graphic novels? There's 6 thick volumes in this story. Very very excellent as well. Death Note reminds me of Akira for some reason. Maybe the way the story is written, clever ideas and the plot thickens as you go, just like Akira. If you haven't read it, anyone who likes Death Note has to like Akira.

I'm at the 4th volume now. It's excellent! Keeps me glued into this story! I'm at where they discover there is a second Kira. Real interesting!

By the way have you read Akira graphic novels? There's 6 thick volumes in this story. Very very excellent as well. Death Note reminds me of Akira for some reason. Maybe the way the story is written, clever ideas and the plot thickens as you go, just like Akira. If you haven't read it, anyone who likes Death Note has to like Akira.

Nope, I've never read the Akira manga.

The only other mangas that I have read are La Blue Girl, Gunsmith Cats, Battle Angel Alita, and Psycho Academy.

Akira is the grandaddy of manga. It is extensive, epic, and 1000 times better than the anime.

Yes I agree! I have the Akira manga and anime and the books are MUCH better than the movie. The mangas are more longer, descriptive and has more details.

i'm not trying to stir up trouble with y'all. honestly. but isn't reading manga considered geeky? i had to google to find out what was manga.

given that annasophia robb's lyric on my list, what manga would you recommend me? i'm sick with a nasty flu and i'm bored. give me something good to read. plz with some maple syrup on it.

Back