Electronic Cigarette

Puyopiyo, here is link showing why we should never believe in advertisement by 100%

FDA and health experts warn against use of e-cigarettes - CNN.com

FDA is concerning about this, surprise? me nah!

quote from Steven L who comment about it....

Be sure to look at the levels of the carcinogens they reported finding (can view the report at http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Drugs/ScienceResearch/UCM173250.pdf ) These levels are on par with nicorette gum, the nicotrol inhaler, and other FDA approved nicotine replacement therapies.

Regarding the Diethylene Glycol – Admittedly, it should not have been found at all. It’s worth noting, though, that it was only found in one sample from one manufacturer (other samples had no traces of Diethylene Glycol). And, the level found in that sample was only 1%. According to the MSDS, the lethal dose is 11.89 g/kg for rabbits. Assuming this can be extended to humans, an average adult male would have to ingest a whopping 855.925 g to receive a lethal dose.

The entire purpose of thise press release was to use scare tactics to try to get the public to stop buying the electronic cigarette and to instead purchase the products from big pharma or the products from big tobacco (which awards the govt with tax revenue). Otherwise, they would have included the fact that the carcinogen levels found were comparable to approved nicotine replacement therapies and far below those of traditional cigarettes.

It’s time the media started providing real investigative news, rather than regurgitating press releases that are missing critical information.

FDA and health experts warn against use of e-cigarettes | Mass Media News

My point still exist, do NOT believe claims made by manufacturers. History shows enough.

over 100 years ago, company that claims that Asbesto is safe, everybody uses asbestos for insulation, resulting what? serious health issues,

Same with Lead, back then manufactures of lead materials claimed they are safe, today we know it is dangerous,

back then Cigarettes was once thought safe, now known is not safe

Now E-cig manufcaturer claims they are 100% safe, YEAH, RIGHT! 100 years later, we will realize how dangerous it is.

quote from Steven L who comment about it....

Puyopiyo, here is link showing why we should never believe in advertisement by 100%

FDA and health experts warn against use of e-cigarettes - CNN.com

FDA is concerning about this, surprise? me nah!

When did I said that the ecigarette was healthy? *sigh*..

My point still exist, do NOT believe claims made by manufacturers. History shows enough.

You can't compare the ecigarette and the tobacco smoking, they are different.

over 100 years ago, company that claims that Asbesto is safe, everybody uses asbestos for insulation, resulting what? serious health issues,

Same with Lead, back then manufactures of lead materials claimed they are safe, today we know it is dangerous,

back then Cigarettes was once thought safe, now known is not safe

That is because they are in old lack of technology, not like today.

Now E-cig manufcaturer claims they are 100% safe, YEAH, RIGHT! 100 years later, we will realize how dangerous it is.

Well they tried their best to get rid of the smell, and the secondhand smoking, and they did! How wonderful technology we have today than the past! I thank them to create the ecigarette to solve the indoor smoking ban issues. Most of my family and friends who do not smoke do allow me to smoke the ecigarette in their home or cars.

Whether those e-cigarettes are healthy or not, it's the concept of using them.

For a lot of non-smokers out there, just seeing a smoker makes them want to walk around them. Well, they would still do the same thing if they saw a person smoking an e-cigarette.

Why would you even want an e-cigarette? Just so that you can smoke without "smoking"? :roll:

:gpost:

For a lot of non-smokers out there, just seeing a smoker makes them want to walk around them. Well, they would still do the same thing if they saw a person smoking an e-cigarette.

Why would you even want an e-cigarette? Just so that you can smoke without "smoking"? :roll:

I think the point of it is no second-hand smoke so if one smokes with these, its being considerate of others especially those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

That is even better respectable,

I am only trying to encourage one to quit cigs :)

I think the point of it is no second-hand smoke so if one smokes with these, its being considerate of others especially those who are allergic to cigarette smoke.

That is even better respectable,

I am only trying to encourage one to quit cigs :)

My husband tried to quit just recently...failed. However, I would rather have him smoke these then the actual cigarettes cuz I cant stand the smell of second-hand smoke. :mad:

Understood, don't give up just because of E-cigs, :)
My husband tried to quit just recently...failed. However, I would rather have him smoke these then the actual cigarettes cuz I cant stand the smell of second-hand smoke. :mad:

Those who are allergic to smoke, will simply avoid places that have smoking.

I have a few friends who (might be allergic) hate when other people smoke. So, they simply avoid restaurants that have smoking sections.

Imagine how they would feel if they saw these e-smokers sitting next to them. It's like saying, "Hahaha... I can smoke, but I'm not really 'smoking'!!!"

I think those e-smokers are simply looking for an excuse to "smoke" anywhere they want. :roll:

Those who are allergic to smoke, will simply avoid places that have smoking.

I have a few friends who (might be allergic) hate when other people smoke. So, they simply avoid restaurants that have smoking sections.

Imagine how they would feel if they saw these e-smokers sitting next to them. It's like saying, "Hahaha... I can smoke, but I'm not really 'smoking'!!!"

I think those e-smokers are simply looking for an excuse to "smoke" anywhere they want. :roll:

It's not really an excuse, but an solution if the smokers still want to smoke without the smell or secondhand smoking.

Electronic cigarette is not burning smoke, it's vapor. When exhale the vapor, it disappear like less than 2 or 3 seconds and there are no smell at all. Which mean there are no tars so it won't cause any yellow on the walls or yellow teeth or the fingers.

Burning the tobacco contain 4,000 chemicals while the ecigarette only have like about 10 chemicals with no burning, but heat to vaporize the liquid. It is just like smelling the stream from cooking.

Try telling that to my hubby! :lol:
How about this...

Tell everyone that he's your e-hubby. Since your hubby believes in e-cigarettes for e-smoking, then he's now your e-hubby that you only know electronically. And until he quits, he will never be your hubby. ;)

How about this...

Tell everyone that he's your e-hubby. Since your hubby believes in e-cigarettes for e-smoking, then he's now your e-hubby that you only know electronically. And until he quits, he will never be your hubby. ;)

This made me laugh.... but good luck

I was going to say, seeing this thread, I was amazed that no one knew the eCigs are actually worse than regular cigs. As crazy as that can be. Then I saw the creation date of the post. I suppose back in 2009 it was still a new, and unknown, option to real cigarettes.

There are better, and healthier, ways to quit smoking. eCigs definitely isn't one of them.

I'm glad I never smoked, it's bad enough I have a caffeine addiction to get rid of. I have my mom and dad to thank for turning me off of cigarettes. Nothing annoyed me more than trying to eat my breakfast in the morning before going to school and my mom walking in the kitchen while smoking. Yech!

Back