Electronic Cigarette

I am no expert but from what I understand the addiction to smoking is two fold. It's psycological and it's physical. For some people these substitutions do help get through the psycological aspect. I would not rule them out as an aid to help quit. When I smoked I use to really enjoy it so it was very difficult to get into the frame of mind of wanting to quit. That should be the very first step. You have to want to quit. And for me the justification of wanting to quit is mainly for health reasons. Smoking is probably one of the worst things you can do for your health.

Agreed. The physical addiction is the nicotine. The psychological addiction is all the behaviors surrounding smoking.

Agreed. The physical addiction is the nicotine. The psychological addiction is all the behaviors surrounding smoking.
Also try to stay away from the things that trigger you to smoke. I know that is eaiser said than done. Example; for me I would always smoke after a meal. The meal would be the trigger but I certianly can't avoid eating.

When the cigarette tax went up in Washington state recently, so the rapid decline of smokers quit already. I noticed 2 of my co workers stopped smoking because of that. I haven't seen them smoking since. There were around 252 percent of people calling for the state sponsored quit line. I think he can quit, too. There's no point to have an electronic cigarette. I never have smoked in my whole life and never will smoke.

When the cigarette tax went up in Washington state recently, so the rapid decline of smokers quit already. I noticed 2 of my co workers stopped smoking because of that. I haven't seen them smoking since. There were around 252 percent of people calling for the state sponsored quit line. I think he can quit, too. There's no point to have an electronic cigarette. I never have smoked in my whole life and never will smoke.
Yeah I remember back when cigs were less than a buck a pack. I said if they ever reach a buck I will quit. That never happened. They were about 4 bucks a pack when I stopped. The addiction will hold you regardless of the cost. I don't know if it's true but I have heard that it's harder to quit cig's than it is to get off heroin.

Yeah I remember back when cigs were less than a buck a pack. I said if they ever reach a buck I will quit. That never happened. They were about 4 bucks a pack when I stopped. The addiction will hold you regardless of the cost. I don't know if it's true but I have heard that it's harder to quit cig's than it is to get off heroin.

:shock: That's a frightening thought! My husband is in the process of quitting..I hope he makes it this time.

Also try to stay away from the things that trigger you to smoke. I know that is eaiser said than done. Example; for me I would always smoke after a meal. The meal would be the trigger but I certianly can't avoid eating.

LOL! U would be a skeleton if u had to avoid your trigger!

My husband's trigger is his 2.5 hour commute. He cant avoid it, obviously.

... I don't know if it's true but I have heard that it's harder to quit cig's than it is to get off heroin.
:shock: That's a frightening thought! My husband is in the process of quitting..I hope he makes it this time.
Don't let that frighten you. If it's true, then all that tells me is that if I can quit smoking, people should be able to kick heroin. I believe anyone can quit if they first want to do it. After that it's a matter of picking a method to quit and then stick to it. Don't beat yourself up if you end up smoking again. Just keep trying to quit until you are able. It will come to you if you really want it. At least that is what I believe.

Don't let that frighten you. If it's true, then all that tells me is that if I can quit smoking, people should be able to kick heroin. I believe anyone can quit if they first want to do it. After that it's a matter of picking a method to quit and then stick to it. Don't beat yourself up if you end up smoking again. Just keep trying to quit until you are able. It will come to you if you really want it. At least that is what I believe.

Thank god I never started smoking but I probably will have to experience the pychological effects from withdrawals if my hubby takes his crankiness out on me. There were a few incidents this week already. It might lead me to take up smoking! I kid! :lol:

There are some people out there who are ignorant enough that they're willing to take the cigarette out of your mouth and break it in front of your face.

Well, what if a person was smoking this thing? Another person walks up and grabs that cigarette, then breaks it. Oops! He just broke an expensive piece of electronic gadgetry! :Ono:

There are some people out there who are ignorant enough that they're willing to take the cigarette out of your mouth and break it in front of your face.

Well, what if a person was smoking this thing? Another person walks up and grabs that cigarette, then breaks it. Oops! He just broke an expensive piece of electronic gadgetry! :Ono:
Ignorant? I call that brave. I know some people that would break your fingers if you busted their smokes like that.

Ignorant? I call that brave. I know some people that would break your fingers if you busted their smokes like that.[/QUOTE]

My husband is one of them...he told me that his ex fiancee was mad at him so she grabbed his cig pack and broke all the cigaretts in pieces. He said he lost his temper and nearly broke his hand from smashing it on the table. Ouch!

Its true.

Ignorant? I call that brave. I know some people that would break your fingers if you busted their smokes like that.
I wouldn't exactly call that bravery. I would call it foolishness if you're willing to have your own fingers broken.

I went on a ski trip once and although I was 18l, I wasn't allowed to have a smoke because this was a church-sponsored trip, so I just hid my smokes in my luggage and stuffed a couple in my coat pocket for the pit-stops where I could sneak off to smoke. One of the girls I was roomed up with found out I was smoking so she went and told the chaperones (how lame), and then we got to the condo, I unpacked my stuff, took a couple of smokes with me to the slopes, came back appearently another one of the chaperones went through my stuff, and broke all of my other smokes. Oh I was livvid. I went on a damn tirade in that condo. Finally the pastor just came in and said - "She's of age, its her habit, let her smoke so as long as she doesn't smoke within the condos." So that's what I did. I walked down to a local smoke shop and bought a whole damn carton to prove my point. I never found out who broke my smokes, but after that point I left my smokes with an ally of mine within the group, and took 2 packs with me at all times. They threatened to send me home via a flight from Denver, I said, your going to deny an adult their vacation based on personal habits? A legal habit at that. I told them if they did I would sue their balls off.

Brave yes, but they were equally foolish.

Puyopiyo, here is link showing why we should never believe in advertisement by 100%

FDA and health experts warn against use of e-cigarettes - CNN.com

FDA is concerning about this, surprise? me nah!

Tobacco? They are NOT tobacco products, nor the flame to ash products. Also the vapors does NOT damage to the lungs as we always breath them everyday because they comes from the liquid just like what was inside the orange part of the electronic cigarette.

Let me give you what I read from the World Health Organization:

So there are NO proof that the electronic cigarette was bad for you, not yet.

And remember, the electronic cigarette are not from the tobacco company that factorized the tobacco cigarettes that killed and injuried bunches of populations such like Marlboros, Camels, so on.

I find it corny when FDA said they it's doubt that it's not safe. How coming they don't do something on the actual cigarette? sheesh

Where have you been?

Congress just passed and approved that FDA gets full authority over cigs and they now start to control them. Watch, it WILL change, however the most obvious change is jacking up excise taxes on cigs,

I personally hope more people would quit smoking.

I find it corny when FDA said they it's doubt that it's not safe. How coming they don't do something on the actual cigarette? sheesh

Where have you been?

Congress just passed and approved that FDA gets full authority over cigs and they now start to control them. Watch, it WILL change, however the most obvious change is jacking up excise taxes on cigs,

I personally hope more people would quit smoking.

And I don't see them stop pretty much behind 24 states ban in any public building to smoking.

Starting this year, FDA takes over the control. last year and earlier, FDA have no control over this. Now you see the changes, right? More and more states are adopting the law ban smoking in public area.

If you go to state of Maine, good luck try smoke in public.

And I don't see them stop pretty much behind 24 states ban in any public building to smoking.

Starting this year, FDA takes over the control. last year and earlier, FDA have no control over this. Now you see the changes, right? More and more states are adopting the law ban smoking in public area.

If you go to state of Maine, good luck try smoke in public.

sound like you think I am a smoker. hmmm...

Back