• Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
I own electricity glass plated stove

I prefer to use electricity to gas because it´s quick and save energy. I only pay one bill to use everything.

Come and share your opinions with us why you prefer electricity or gas.

I grew up to have gas stove where my family used. It´s awful smell. It´s scary because gas is very touchy and could be BOMB if you made one little mistake.... :bowdown:

Liebling:-))) said:
I own electricity glass plated stove

I prefer to use electricity to gas because it´s quick and save energy. I only pay one bill to use everything.

Come and share your opinions with us why you prefer electricity or gas.

I grew up to have gas stove where my family used. It´s awful smell. It´s scary because gas is very touchy and could be BOMB if you made one little mistake.... :bowdown:

that is true.. but with gas.. the food tend to taste better though.. because it is cooked faster and naturally... like the grill for instance.. that is if you don't burn your food! :lol:

well I didnt vote since I have not try all stoves yet I have used gas and electric stove (with racks in it) but I havent try one with glass on it.

feisty yup that is correct food do get better tasting by cooking on gas stove or even grill.

I prefer gas stove for cooking, and would love to have those commerical-style restaurant stoves with higher burning temperature, to cook food faster. Right now, I am using glass plated electric stove, and it isnt enough to make Asian food cook fast.

FYI satistically electric stove causes more fires than gas! I orignally thought Gas stove would be worse than electric stove, that is until I took electrican training. I know it is hard to believe, but its true because you can NOT see electric faults, while you can smell gas and know there is fault going on.
Depending on where you live. If you live in where you don't need furnace to keep your house warm, then electricity might be ok. It isn't any cheaper than gas! For me, we live in north where we need plenty of gas to keep us warm, so its cheaper to run off gas stove, and heater than electricity. Believe me, Electricity is too expensive to heat up. I had friend who had 100% electric heat (She don't have gas line in her country home) Her electric bill once hit 2,500 dollars, thats mainly to heat her house!!!) Now she is converting to outdoor furnace which burns woods and that heats up the water to heat her house, really nice. Her electric bills finally dropped.

The source of info I got was though NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency). Its been long time ago that I last looked in it. Not sure where to find this info, but I remembered clearly about these stoves.

FeistyChick said:
that is true.. but with gas.. the food tend to taste better though.. because it is cooked faster and naturally... like the grill for instance.. that is if you don't burn your food! :lol:

don´t burn food? :confused:

Simple is switch the heat off before the boil in the saucepan start then add noodles, rice, etc then leave it for 20 minutes.

Fry anything - alway switch the heat off before the meats, etc. turn into brown and leave them with cover lid for 30 minutes.

Cook them slowly taste is the best and also soft the meats, too.

I grew up with families who use gas stove, but the taste between electricity and gas stove are still the same.

kuifje75 said:
I prefer gas stove for cooking, and would love to have those commerical-style restaurant stoves with higher burning temperature, to cook food faster. Right now, I am using glass plated electric stove, and it isnt enough to make Asian food cook fast.

You has to pick right saucepans for hot plated. It is quick and save energy.

All what you check every saucepans in the stores which it´s right to use stoves.

diehardbiker65 said:
FYI satistically electric stove causes more fires than gas! I orignally thought Gas stove would be worse than electric stove, that is until I took electrican training. I know it is hard to believe, but its true because you can NOT see electric faults, while you can smell gas and know there is fault going on.
Depending on where you live. If you live in where you don't need furnace to keep your house warm, then electricity might be ok. It isn't any cheaper than gas! For me, we live in north where we need plenty of gas to keep us warm, so its cheaper to run off gas stove, and heater than electricity. Believe me, Electricity is too expensive to heat up. I had friend who had 100% electric heat (She don't have gas line in her country home) Her electric bill once hit 2,500 dollars, thats mainly to heat her house!!!) Now she is converting to outdoor furnace which burns woods and that heats up the water to heat her house, really nice. Her electric bills finally dropped.

The source of info I got was though NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency). Its been long time ago that I last looked in it. Not sure where to find this info, but I remembered clearly about these stoves.

Electricity cause fire? I never heard about this but gas.

I don´t use electricity to heat every rooms and water but oil. We also use woods for my 2 fire place and tiled stove.

I only use electricity for kitchen, lights, TV, etc. etc. etc.

My mom got me hooked on gas stoves. The reason is that when you turn off the burner, the pot or pan almost instantly stops boiling. With an electric stove it takes time to wind down.

However, I like the semi-new flat electric stoves. You can just wipe it down without having to go in any grooves.

Its kind of a toss up ;) So I voted "other" since there is no "both" option. :P

Mine is gas stove, and Electric oven, import from Italy, with 5 burners including wok stove. :)
I voted "other" like pinkster's.

I voted electric stove.. that what i using for now .. i used like to cooking on gas stove, it was best taste while cooking on gas stove ... but landlord won't put gas stoves in apartments up in cleveland,ohio , cause too many fires issues around in that city ... i missed to do : sticking the big marshallow on fork , lay it on gas stove rack .. burn .. eat! yummy.. and hotdogs too :D

TOF

I love gas stoves for cooking. But, unfortunatly I have an electric stove. That will change one day though.

I have a glass top electric slide-in range with two ovens. It is very practical for me because we have an all-electric house. The top oven is one shelf, and can be used for baking, broiling, toasting, or keeping food warm. We use this one the most because there are only two of us at home. It is like having a built-in toaster oven, and saves electricity. The bottom oven is large, and we use that for big baking or roasting jobs. The glass top has four burners for cooking, and one extra burner for keeping plates warm. One of the cooking burners is size adjustable (large or small).

It is true that the glass tops require pots and pans with totally flat bottoms for most efficient cooking.

I love how my smooth stove top always looks so clean.

Full electric is most economical for us. Our house uses a heat pump, which means it is a combination heater and air conditioner. That is most popular in the Southeast because we use the AC more months than the furnace. Our electric bill averages about $110 per month for a 2,000 sq. ft. house.

When I was growing up in New England, we had gas stoves. I was always afraid of lighting the pilot light for the oven. :)

Hubby doesn't like natural gas because of the possibility of explosions. He does use our propane gas grill (outdoors) at least twice a week for cooking.

Not many people in our neighborhood have natural gas. No one has oil furnances. Some mobile homes in the country use propane tanks.

got one glass top electric...it is different bec i grew up with eletric ranges and then gas.. Hate hate gas stove bec got gas scare many times with neighbors next door running gas on.. and SMOKING!! they were vietmanese and didnt speak english.. police and firefighters told them not to leave gas on and smoke! they still did it anyway. we moved out eventually.... :eek:

I like electric better. safer.

Liebling:-))) said:
You has to pick right saucepans for hot plated. It is quick and save energy.

All what you check every saucepans in the stores which it´s right to use stoves.

Do you cook Asian food in wok pans? It is important for the marinate in meat to be cooked at extremely high temperature to seal the flavouring in. With electric, it is impossible to have high temperature because it maxs out at a certain temperature, no matter whichever pan you use.

Also:
A gas stove costs less than half as much to operate as an electric one, provided it is equipped with electronic ignition instead of a pilot light. The electronic pilotless ignitions reduce gas usage by about 30 percent over a constantly burning pilot light. These are also more convenient, eliminating the need to restart a standing pilot light.
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/homeandwork/homes/inside/appliances/ranges.html

Also...

Whenever we try to cook Chinese dishes, for some reason (two main ones I can think of), we cannot get the taste quite right. I think the main problems are the following three:

* lower heat
* flavour of spices and quality of soup
* initial preparation

With regard to heat, the output of a professional cooker is approximately 20,000 Kcal/hr, a domestic one is only 5,000 Kcal/hr.
http://www.openkitchen.net/cook/hakusai/hakusai-e.html

I use natural gas - it's more economical here in California. I also use it for heating house.

It's true that electrical stoves & furance can start fires - where ever there's a electrical short, it'll get very HOT & start fire. Lots of time you don't know until it's too late!

With natural gas, you can smell the leaking gas and shut it down right away. Also, it can be made safer with electronic iginition, so that eliminates gas pilot light.

hate gas stove.. made me sick easily cannot stand smell FUMES...coming from stove..
I WILL whine and require replace prefer electric stove.. which it's more safer enivorment than gas stove can be caused big explosin or unsafe for children foreplay. *shivers*

Many years i use electric stove... espically my friend's place has gas stove.. I told my friend.. cannot stand smell odors coming from gas stove fumes.. made me dizzy easily..

Espically BBQ propane for camping.. I have no problem.. but annoys me check measure firing high or low which one.. hard tell.. *hate see BURN FOOD*

Back