• Electricity stove

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Electricity glass plated

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
kuifje75 said:
Do you cook Asian food in wok pans? It is important for the marinate in meat to be cooked at extremely high temperature to seal the flavouring in. With electric, it is impossible to have high temperature because it maxs out at a certain temperature, no matter whichever pan you use.

Also:

http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/homeandwork/homes/inside/appliances/ranges.html

Yes, we have black Wok pan with silver flat plate which it use for hot plated. I have very small burner which it match the size of Wok pan.

I have 4 burners. I dont know how could I describe you about kind of burners. I hope you understand what I mean.

I have 2 normal and large burners and 2 different sizes in one burner (middle and large) and 2 different sizes in one burner (small to normal). It goes automaic when I use right size on the heater.

My opinion, I think electricity is save energy than gas. Why? Because you have to use gas all the time until the cook are finish done. Electricity is not.

I can turn off electric burners off before the heat boil then add noodles, rices etc and leave them for 20 minutes without electricity use. It´s same with frying too when you fry meat... Leave them cover with lid up to 30 minutes. I turn steamer off before the boil start and leave them for 1 hour... The heat still stay warm longer what gas doesn´t.

My friend who has gas stove and I compared our bills and surprised that mine is save than their.

I will add German link for English when I find.

I have a gas stove, never had odor coming out of my gas stove, like some of you said. :) I guess it depends how old is the gas stove.

Gas stove's temperature is faster than electric stove, All you have to do is turn it on, and flames goes up with electric stove it takes time to heaten it up. (Some people use matches to light up the gas stove, But I don't have to do that)

Since I am mom of large family.. I rather GAS.. because it helps me alot to cook better and faster.. plus taste better hehe.

:)

Reba said:
I have a glass top electric slide-in range with two ovens. It is very practical for me because we have an all-electric house. The top oven is one shelf, and can be used for baking, broiling, toasting, or keeping food warm. We use this one the most because there are only two of us at home. It is like having a built-in toaster oven, and saves electricity. The bottom oven is large, and we use that for big baking or roasting jobs. The glass top has four burners for cooking, and one extra burner for keeping plates warm. One of the cooking burners is size adjustable (large or small).

It is true that the glass tops require pots and pans with totally flat bottoms for most efficient cooking.

I love how my smooth stove top always looks so clean.

Full electric is most economical for us. Our house uses a heat pump, which means it is a combination heater and air conditioner. That is most popular in the Southeast because we use the AC more months than the furnace. Our electric bill averages about $110 per month for a 2,000 sq. ft. house.

When I was growing up in New England, we had gas stoves. I was always afraid of lighting the pilot light for the oven. :)

Hubby doesn't like natural gas because of the possibility of explosions. He does use our propane gas grill (outdoors) at least twice a week for cooking.

Not many people in our neighborhood have natural gas. No one has oil furnances. Some mobile homes in the country use propane tanks.

Yes, it´s exactly!!!

Yes, I have oil tanks at small room in cellar for heat water/heater in the rooms.

Sure, electric can start any fire! They do produce alot sparks if short circuit, or that if you spill water, your expose chance of getting good shock. Gas stove can't give you shock like electric stove does.

Its all about satistics, it does not mean that all of electric stove is bad. Just that there are more frequent occurance than gas stove.

Liebling:-))) said:
Electricity cause fire? I never heard about this but gas.

I don´t use electricity to heat every rooms and water but oil. We also use woods for my 2 fire place and tiled stove.

I only use electricity for kitchen, lights, TV, etc. etc. etc.

Liebling said:
Electricity cause fire? I never heard about this but gas.

Yes, Electricity can cause fire, My next door neighbor had a fire two years ago or so, from the basement that their electricity wiring were old. :Ohno: Electrical wiring causes twice as many fires as electrical appliances. With electrical stove, if the stove is overheating, can cause fire too. And Deafhardbiker is correct electricity and water are a bad, and can cause fire too. Have to check all wiring and cords to replace to prevent fire. ;)

It sounds that you all have open electricity wires in your house or what? If yes, here in Germany is stricter forbidden because it´s unsafety for the children.

We have electricity protection and all electricity wires are safety inside the plaster of our house.

We have special protection against thunder, power out, etc. They made extra special to protect my computer, too.

NONE electricity fires in Germany but Gas. What you all mention about electricity fire is new to me.

The strong thunder affected my house last June 2004. None of our house are damage but freezer and garage light. The electricity men come to open my electricity protection box to fix it. This is simple.

The insurance covered everything... to replace a new freezer and garage light and repair hours fee.

Even with all of safety in, electricity by all means can STILL start fire! One good example, I saw on 911 that one woman thought her electric stove was totally off, and the towel was fallen on the element. Guess what? That element was on low! It is impossible to see that it is on when set very low. half of her house was gone! What I am trying to say, don't ever think your 100% safe from anything! We live in world where there is law called "Murphy's law" If anything can go wrong it will. If your furnace is in perfect condition, it still CAN blow up! Same with car, if one nut becomes loose, the tire might fall apart while your doing 100mph! Do you consider it 100% safe? I won't bank on it.

It sounds that you all have open electricity wires in your house or what? If yes, here in Germany is stricter forbidden because it´s unsafety for the children.

We have electricity protection and all electricity wires are safety inside the plaster of our house.

We have special protection against thunder, power out, etc. They made extra special to protect my computer, too.

NONE electricity fires in Germany but Gas. What you all mention about electricity fire is new to me.

The strong thunder affected my house last June 2004. None of our house are damage but freezer and garage light. The electricity men come to open my electricity protection box to fix it. This is simple.

The insurance covered everything... to replace a new freezer and garage light and repair hours fee.

Safety

What I am trying to point out is that don't depend on safety 100% of the time. Accidents CAN happen, and will happen. I am not saying that Electric stove is bad, I am saying is that do NOT ever think anything is 100% safe. Good example here that gave mankind huge lesson. Back in 1912, everybody think BIG is better, and think Machines is the king that god can't sink them. That is when they build Titanic. They have designed it so well that it was "Sinkproof" People already declared that god can't sink Titanic. So, everybody became so ignorant... Even with 7 iceberg warnings ahead. Nobody cares because they think it is impossible to sink the Titanic. On the night of April 11th, guess what happened? It hit iceberg, hours later it sank! This send everybody into disbelief and find them totally wrong that Titanic is unsinkable. This goes same thing with my stove, I still don't trust it 100% I love Natural gas, but trust it? not 100%. Same with Electricity, I don't trust it 100%

diehardbiker65 said:
Even with all of safety in, electricity by all means can STILL start fire! One good example, I saw on 911 that one woman thought her electric stove was totally off, and the towel was fallen on the element. Guess what? That element was on low! It is impossible to see that it is on when set very low. half of her house was gone! What I am trying to say, don't ever think your 100% safe from anything! We live in world where there is law called "Murphy's law" If anything can go wrong it will. If your furnace is in perfect condition, it still CAN blow up! Same with car, if one nut becomes loose, the tire might fall apart while your doing 100mph! Do you consider it 100% safe? I won't bank on it.

I thought you mentioned in your last post about electricity wires.

It´s still the same with Gas... Example, they forget to switch the gas off property which it stick people to death or explosive... Gas is very touchy and could cause explosive when you made a little accident.

I don´t want to brag you about electricity protection in Germany but it´s true. Like what you mentioned about a lady who let towel fallen on the elment is a different because this is her own responsibly, not electricity stove. ;)

No matter either we own gas or electricity stoves, we STILL take care and make sure everything is okay before leave for go out or go to bed. What a lady did is her own responsibly.

Everyone must have known that towels NEVER goes near any heater... They will lose compulsory insurance if they are senseless and didnt pay attention.

Don´t even blame Electricity or Gas stoves because they can´t take care of themselves but we. ;)

My opinion, I think electricity is save energy than gas. Why? Because you have to use gas all the time until the cook are finish done. Electricity is not.

According to the link I gave you, it says:

A gas stove costs less than half as much to operate as an electric one, provided it is equipped with electronic ignition instead of a pilot light. The electronic pilotless ignitions reduce gas usage by about 30 percent over a constantly burning pilot light. These are also more convenient, eliminating the need to restart a standing pilot light.

That means that new gas stoves do not use up gas all the time like the older models. My parents' gas stove has electric starter and it saves a lot of gas. I like these gas stoves with electric starters.

In the same link, it says that gas is half the cost of cooking compared to electric.

diehardbiker65 said:
What I am trying to point out is that don't depend on safety 100% of the time. Accidents CAN happen, and will happen. I am not saying that Electric stove is bad, I am saying is that do NOT ever think anything is 100% safe. Good example here that gave mankind huge lesson. Back in 1912, everybody think BIG is better, and think Machines is the king that god can't sink them. That is when they build Titanic. They have designed it so well that it was "Sinkproof" People already declared that god can't sink Titanic. So, everybody became so ignorant... Even with 7 iceberg warnings ahead. Nobody cares because they think it is impossible to sink the Titanic. On the night of April 11th, guess what happened? It hit iceberg, hours later it sank! This send everybody into disbelief and find them totally wrong that Titanic is unsinkable. This goes same thing with my stove, I still don't trust it 100% I love Natural gas, but trust it? not 100%. Same with Electricity, I don't trust it 100%

***sigh*** I´m trying to point out that there´re better tech. in modern time than old time. Germans improve electricity tech. to prevent electricity shock, etc. etc. etc. We have children electricity protection prevent the children to touch outlets, etc.

Example of all: What I did twice before.
I baked the cake in the oven and chatted with my friends in the other room without realized that cake is still in the oven. I knew straight way when the electricity power shut off that it´s something do with oven. I hurried off and open the oven and let the smoke air.... and saw black cake... :evil: then I go to cellar to switch electrictiy power on again. Electricity do for me automaic when something happened... No fire...

The old house where my MIL´s grandpa owned in 1900 has no electricity protection and no safety... Very old house.

Mine is different because my house was built in 1989 and not same as old houses and special electricity protection.

Got it?

Exactly, Nothing is 100% safe, gas still can make sound like ka-boom. But for gas stove, if you accidently put it on low where you wanted to turn off, it still shows fire, electric stove don't glow enough. But again, it is not 100% fool proof.
My stove have child resist that means I can shut off the gas when not in use, and my son would turn the dial, it won't turn on gas. Also, if power outrage, the gas supply is cut off automatically.

I thought you mentioned in your last post about electricity wires.

It´s still the same with Gas... Example, they forget to switch the gas off property which it stick people to death or explosive... Gas is very touchy and could cause explosive when you made a little accident.

I don´t want to brag you about electricity protection in Germany but it´s true. Like what you mentioned about a lady who let towel fallen on the elment is a different because this is her own responsibly, not electricity stove. ;)

No matter either we own gas or electricity stoves, we STILL take care and make sure everything is okay before leave for go out or go to bed. What a lady did is her own responsibly.

Everyone must have known that towels NEVER goes near any heater... They will lose compulsory insurance if they are senseless and didnt pay attention.

Don´t even blame Electricity or Gas stoves because they can´t take care of themselves but we. ;)

kuifje75 said:

That means that new gas stoves do not use up gas all the time like the older models. My parents' gas stove has electric starter and it saves a lot of gas. I like these gas stoves with electric starters.

In the same link, it says that gas is half the cost of cooking compared to electric.

Yes, I read the link in your previous post. Yeah, it´s new to me about the improving tech. of gas stove. Interesting.

What you describe about your parent´s gas stove with electric starter is new to me. I didn´t pay the attention about gas stoves because there´re very common to use electricity stoves in Germany.

One thing, I forget to add my previous posts why I like glass hot plated because it´s more easier and quick to clean than natural gas stove. You have to open the top and clean the inside. I remember from saw what my mother and grandma did. Too much work...

I prefer electric glass plated stove, because it's easy to clean on glass after it's cooled off, electric seems safer than gas stove in my opinion, but I know food tend to taste better on gas stoves though. It taste even better over open fire (characoal) grill

:D

One thing, I forget to add my previous posts why I like glass hot plated because it´s more easier and quick to clean than natural gas stove. You have to open the top and clean the inside. I remember from saw what my mother and grandma did. Too much work...

Not all electric stove have flat surface, Some have the kinda the same as gas stove but you have to pick it up to order to clean the bottom. It never bother me when I clean my gas stove. ;)

kuifje75 said:

Funny story to tell ya...

in building every apt has the gas stove with electric starter. one night a power went off during ice storm. i could started the gas stove with a match and cooked gas stove without having the power. plus it could kept myself more warm for a while.

image that if there is no power, there is no cooking with electric stove.
just 2 cents.

I've mostly used electric so I can't really say which is best for me. :(

I use electicity stove cuz I rent my apt, that's why. This stove belongs to the apartment building.

Back