Duggars Family... When Will It End?

Well, I can see "liking names that begin with 'J'" as normal... if it applied to 2 or 3 kids. But... naming 17 kids so that it begins with 'J'? That might be a bit more than a simple "like". ;)

Haha, I have a friend named Kimberly who named her 2 daughters that starts with K and in the future, I will name my kids that starts with A since I like alot of names that starts with A like Autumn, Ashley, Audrey, etc etc

Haha, I have a friend named Kimberly who named her 2 daughters that starts with K and in the future, I will name my kids that starts with A since I like alot of names that starts with A like Autumn, Ashley, Audrey, etc etc
I guess I'll call your family... "The Aaaaaaa Family!" ;)

I would rather give my kids different names. I want them to feel unique for themselves.

Imagine someone saying, "What are the initials for your kids?" "Oh, they're AH, AH, AH, AH, and AH."

I guess I'll call your family... "The Aaaaaaa Family!" ;)

I would rather give my kids different names. I want them to feel unique for themselves.

Imagine someone saying, "What are the initials for your kids?" "Oh, they're AH, AH, AH, AH, and AH."

Haha, funny!

Wow, Where do they ever get the time to do all this? I mean, really - it's amazing but there are some limits to everything.

Will they stop at their 20th child or keep going? Who knows?

Wow, Where do they ever get the time to do all this? I mean, really - it's amazing but there are some limits to everything.

A woman's body needs to rest.she needs to be careful.I don't think she will ever stop.

See duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html regarding the birth control.. So as long they still have sex or get "tube tied" they probably will have more kids...

:
A woman's body needs to rest.she needs to be careful.I don't think she will ever stop.

All I can think of is OUCH to each childbirth. I love my children but childbirth is not something I care to do once a year. :giggle:

Maybe I am just too selfish! Ha!

:

All I can think of is OUCH to each childbirth. I love my children but childbirth is not something I care to do once a year. :giggle:

Maybe I am just too selfish! Ha!

Me too, I scream the whole time and with my deaf accent I can put on a good show. :giggle:

I agree. It takes a toll on a woman's body after having multiple pregnancies. From what I know, They won't stop until otherwise.

See duggarfamily.com/aboutus.html regarding the birth control.. So as long they still have sex or get "tube tied" they probably will have more kids...

As it was said in this article --

Duggar said she's six weeks along and the pregnancy is going well. She and her husband, Jim Bob Duggar, said they'll keep having children as long as God wills it.

They will continue to do it at all costs until their bodies wears out, especially Michelle's.

Oh, please tell me they are not from Arkansas *groan* - why do they have to be from Arkansas!!!!

18 kids!!!! I don't care - I'm going to be honest and say what I think: that woman is NUTS! I was looking at their website for more info (and because I was curious). It said that in spite of all the kids...they managed to be completely DEBT FREE. Wow. And they feed the entire crew for less than $2,000 a month (I would have expected it to be way more than that).

I agree. It takes a toll on a woman's body after having multiple pregnancies. From what I know, They won't stop until otherwise.

As it was said in this article --

They will continue to do it at all costs until their bodies wears out, especially Michelle's.

That makes me wonder if her husband does really care about his wife or her physical well-being? I just have a funny vibe about him and their views...

Yeah, me too. Most of us know that childbearing is painful during pregnancy, during labor, and afterwards. If a husband truly loved his wife, would he keep her knocked up like that? I know if it was me and he wanted me to stay pregnant more than half of my life...he wouldn't have a dick to use anymore. ;)

That makes me wonder if her husband does really care about his wife or her physical well-being? I just have a funny vibe about him and their views...

He probably does care about her but not to the point where her body becomes a concern. I'm wondering, Did Michelle willingly go along with this or she only did it just because her husband wanted it that way?

You know, in the old days, having a large family is the norm but now in this time, it isn't the norm.

It said that in spite of all the kids...they managed to be completely DEBT FREE. Wow. And they feed the entire crew for less than $2,000 a month (I would have expected it to be way more than that).

Yup.. I am very impressed with their hard work on keeping debt-free.. Website said they are real estate agents, oh boy, it gonna be a rough for next couple years for them unless they managed to saved up serious $$$.

Yup.. I am very impressed with their hard work on keeping debt-free.. Website said they are real estate agents, oh boy, it gonna be a rough for next couple years for them unless they managed to saved up serious $$$.

That's true! I forgot about them being real estate agents...

You know, in the old days, having a large family is the norm but now in this time, it isn't the norm.

Well, that's not really true. Before the 19th century, not a lot of families were large. Not only to mention that a lot of babies and children died young back.

I would say families began to get quite big after The Great War and World War II because they were encouraged to expand their families with more children.

Before we discovered oil, coals and more resources, it was not possible for us to sustain a family of more than a few children at a time. Now, it is possible because everything is readily available in stores.

If we did not have oil, coals, rice and other resources, we wouldn't be able to sustain more than 500 million human beings on Earth. Today, we are heading toward 7 billion. We hit the first billion somewhere in the 19th century. We have been here for thousands and thousands of years but we didn't have a lot to survive on and we didn't have great healthcare back then either. Once we began to learn more and started taking advantage of the resources, that's when the population exploded.

Yeah, me too. Most of us know that childbearing is painful during pregnancy, during labor, and afterwards. If a husband truly loved his wife, would he keep her knocked up like that? I know if it was me and he wanted me to stay pregnant more than half of my life...he wouldn't have a dick to use anymore. ;)

Same goes for me (about the dick part)!

Pregnant for than half of my life...I cant imagine. I am too vain and too active.

Well, that's not really true. Before the 19th century, not a lot of families were large. Not only to mention that a lot of babies and children died young back.

I would say families began to get quite big after The Great War and World War II because they were encouraged to expand their families with more children.

Before we discovered oil, coals and more resources, it was not possible for us to sustain a family of more than a few children at a time. Now, it is possible because everything is readily available in stores.

If we did not have oil, coals, rice and other resources, we wouldn't be able to sustain more than 500 million human beings on Earth. Today, we are heading toward 7 billion. We hit the first billion somewhere in the 19th century. We have been here for thousands and thousands of years but we didn't have a lot to survive on and we didn't have great healthcare back then either. Once we began to learn more and started taking advantage of the resources, that's when the population exploded.

You raise an interesting point. You're right about having all the resources out there to be used to an advantage but, however, economy/cost of living are also the reason of controlling the population. The more things becomes expensive, the less they consider to expand their family. I'm not saying it is for everyone but for some, they would consider it. Each decade has it's own whereas either it's a bigger or a smaller family.

You raise an interesting point. You're right about having all the resources out there to be used to an advantage but, however, economy/cost of living are also the reason of controlling the population. The more things becomes expensive, the less they consider to expand their family. I'm not saying it is for everyone but for some, they would consider it. Each decade has it's own whereas either it's a bigger or a smaller family.

That's what I find to be interesting about both America and Canada. We constantly talk about how living is expensive... yet we are able to buy a lot of luxuries at a low price compared to the other countries.

However, credit card debts are getting worse in America. People seems to confuse the difference between needs and luxuries.

Honestly, I dunno how the Duggar family could afford health insurance and cost of food for a family of 19 people!

I wonder if they could afford for the kids to attend college?

Also I think it's rash for them to announce this pregnancy especially when she's 6 weeks gone. And she's in the high risk group of miscarrying due to her age.
Frankly, I'm surprised her body hasn't started breaking down due to overwork from all those continual pregnancies.

I wouldn't want to be in Michelle Duggar's shoes for anything in the world.

Back