Dow below 10,000

I don't see if, " bailin' out " is helpin'. It has been like this since 1920's. Nothin' will ever change or get better.

There were times that I suspected someone behind the door is playin' with it.

The Associated Press: Wall Street tumbles amid global sell-off

The Dow had gone down over 500 so far this morning and is now below 10,000 for the first time in 4 years. :shock: Lowest it had been today so far was 587 down.

This is scaring people and making them sell.

It may sounds bad but it has positive sides. The investors buy stocks at very lower prices and later sells them at high prices. It will bring alot of money in investors' pockets in a long run.

It takes a while; don't panic; there is a right price for everybody.

Already down by 800 points. Maybe 1000 points will be meet by the end of the day???

:zzz: wake me up when everything's filthy cheap to buy

I think that is alright because, of my memory serves me right, the DOW was around the 8500 mark just prior to the sub-prime fiasco so if the market goes down a 1,000 today or in the near future, there's no need to panic!

I think that is alright because, of my memory serves me right, the DOW was around the 8500 mark just prior to the sub-prime fiasco so if the market goes down a 1,000 today or in the near future, there's no need to panic!

Unless one has a 401k plan.....

Wait! My second thought, it would be time fluke, someone have time machine to mess up with economy! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Yeah, but I've also heard that the most diversified plans are doing okay, having lost around 18%.

Yeah. I have carried an insurance to protect my retirement savings from a disastrous day like it. My insurance covers 75 percent of my retirement savings which are tied to the diversified investment, so I am able to keep most of money in my retirement fund.

Back