Dow below 10,000

Why worried? I dunno...

We had stock crash before, last time were in 1987.

I ain't worry. Just wonderin'....and of course, it was crash before -- but, it will crash again in the near future. Possibly a BIG one in history.

I ain't worry. Just wonderin'....and of course, it was crash before -- but, it will crash again in the near future. Possibly a BIG one in history.

1929 is worst one but 1987 and 2008 aren't worse as 1929.

It looks like the stock market is on a gravel road, rocking n rolling around, how sad.

I aint so worried what the DOW is doing to my 401k right now. I only got 30 more years to retire and the turmoil gives me a great advantage to pick up as much shares as I can at a bargain price.

No wonder why I love Warren Buffett cuz he had the balls to put his money where his mouth is today by picking up a lot of stock at bargain prices. His practice of holding on for the long-term totally influenced the strategy I adopted for my retirement savings 10 years ago. He's that richer than Bill Gates and guess what? he lives like a poor person does. Buffett lives in a house he bought 50 years ago and drives a Lincoln Towne Car (retails for $50,000) So I listen to Buffett more than what the media says.

So, Sables, you have a self-directed account, then?

So, Sables, you have a self-directed account, then?

well its not self directed account but I get my picks of what I invest in. I pick what I like after reading the prospectus then buy my shares in and hold them on no matter fair or foul. That was Buffett's strategy-Like the company? buy their stock and hold on to it for the long term. Also important is that I havent stopped contributing to my 401k cuz of the strategy plus free employer matching and the 401k/IRA tax credit that I love absolutely.

I personally hope it crashes.

Didn't invest that much in my 401k so I'm not worried about losing it. I have more cash on hand than what I have/had in my 401k.

Goodbye greed and paper money!
Hello golden age!

Didn't invest that much in my 401k so I'm not worried about losing it. I have more cash on hand than what I have/had in my 401k.

Hello golden age!

Aww, sorry about that for bein' screwed.

Hello golden age!

As I mentioned in another thread, I had a conversation with my sister about the economy. She told me she has already lost $20,000 from her 401(k) :shock: and has to dip into her daugher's college fund just to make ends meet. It will be interesting to see if the Dow recovers and whether or not the $750 billion bailout plan will actually improve the economy. Only time will tell.

As I mentioned in another thread, I had a conversation with my sister about the economy. She told me she has already lost $20,000 from her 401(k) :shock: and has to dip into her daugher's college fund just to make ends meet. It will be interesting to see if the Dow recovers and whether or not the $750 billion bailout plan will actually improve the economy. Only time will tell.

It's not going to help since they basically pulled the number out of their asses. They honestly don't even know how much it will cost in the end.

Can anyone tell me who owned the Wall Street and what year it built ? I am tryin' to understand the WHOLE situation since that year until today. And, who controlled behind it ?

Can anyone tell me who owned the Wall Street and what year it built ? I am tryin' to understand the WHOLE situation since that year until today. And, who controlled behind it ?

There's good source of information about wall street, there's reference on bottom if you need find source to prove, just click small number at end of sentence and will take you to bottom at same page.
Wall Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hello golden age!

dI dont want to lose my 401K ...ugh!

Wall street still struggles to surpass 9000 despite wasting some $700B bailout... jeez!

It will take a while to turn around. We need to be patient.

True that it takes time with the wall street but wouldn't accept it if it doesn't work out and wasted. Wait n see how it fares later on.

Back