Don't tell me that deaf people are poor tippers, please....

if deaf people are tight on a budget, then why would they go to restaurant?

Well, just cannot imagine being staying at home all the time cooking same basic foods...being staying at home all the time no going out to a nice restaurant for company, not going anywhere during cold weather..can lead to heavy boredom and depression. So why not go eating out to keep out of depression and boredom?

At these food shelters...they taste soo awful!!! that made me almost needed to throw up.

after seeing the gross conditions on "Kitchen Nightmares" I some times think twice before going out to dine :Ohno:

she assumed the iron cross patch on my vest meant I was a white supremacist. :roll: irregardless that is still no reason to spit in someones food.

the manager knew me and my family. my parents and I would meet to dine at least once a month. in fact about 5 months before the spitting incident. the manager asked me why my knuckles were all bruised and cut up. I told him about a fight that had happened between me and a skinhead. I saw this really beautiful frisco style shovelhead. stuck up a conversation with the skinhead owner. we chatted for a bit. the skinhead was acting all nice to me. a man was walking down the street in a t-shirt with a picture of a native brave on it. the passer-by was also wearing a bunch of turquoise jewelry and stuff. so the skinhead started shooting off his mouth: "hey Tonto...(insert stupid slurs)"
I told the skinhead to shut his mouth. told him I was part Cherokee and Choctaw. he did not believe me as I have light skin, brown hair and blue eyes. assured him I was and if he did not shut his mouth, I would put my foot in it. the skinhead was taller and larger then me, so he assumed he could take me. well my foot went right through his teeth. toyed with him a bit. then knocked him out. I took a pin off his jacket. which I still have -

:shock::shock::eek3::eek3: Wow!!!! I didn't know that you are part of Native Indian...thats cool. My cousins from NYC are 1/4 Cherokee. So is my close friend who lives in PA not far from where you live.

No. Only if it was unsafe such as near-hit or repeated veering

Yeah, like my dad usually drives on the highway/streets and being distracted to the ringing mobile phone and have the nerves to take it out from his pocket to answer it for his business that causes him to veer left and right on the road i was screaming and told him to watch out at the cars on the other lanes! He does that often..and he's near 75 y/o. Jeez.

I am trying to figure why you took is so personal about not getting your water. I would had gotten up and asked for it or asked another waiter for some water. My daughter was a waitress and she said it was hard work and most of her money came from tips and if there was a hostess she had to give part of her tips to the hostess. I really don't see what being deaf has to do with leaving bad tips!

I was in bad mood about something else and that water thing broke the ice. I had it, you know. Generally, I would not make a big deal about not getting water in timely manner, but I was upset about something else.

Here's a new wrinkle to the topic.

We ate at a restaurant yesterday with our family. There were six of us total, so the bill included the gratuity. That's no surprise. The surprise was, the gratuity amount (the tip) was taxed!

So, if you pay a cash tip (not included on the bill) it's not taxed. If you pay an included tip, or charge it to your account, you pay an additional sales tax on it.

What?!

We ate at a restaurant yesterday with our family. There were six of us total, so the bill included the gratuity. That's no surprise. The surprise was, the gratuity amount (the tip) was taxed!

So, if you pay a cash tip (not included on the bill) it's not taxed. If you pay an included tip, or charge it to your account, you pay an additional sales tax on it.

What?!

Gotta love tax.

You are saying that you have never had a real job before in your life?? And where did you get bikes from? I don't think you bought them all to own...umm.

I did have jobs in the past. Worked at Anixter Center in Chicago area for one thing. Right. I've like 300 bikes. NO one buys $300 bikes to own. Yeah, I'm a hoarder and have to work on getting that down and needs help with my hoarding issues.

What?!

Wow, that is new!! Must be a NC thing???

What?!

I've seen that on other contracts....sometimes the companies do this on purpose to make a little bit more money and hope the customer doesn't notice. Some companies are clueless....and it might be a tax requirement in some places.

I've seen that on other contracts....sometimes the companies do this on purpose to make a little bit more money and hope the customer doesn't notice. Some companies are clueless....and it might be a tax requirement in some places.
I'll have to ask around. This is the first time that I've seen this.

What?!

What? Oh gosh. The restaurant was probably hoping that you wouldn't notice. It's all about the $$$...

Just a question, but was this a chain restaurant, or an individually owned/local restaurant?

Ugh - I give out tips but the taxing thing on the tips?!

Remind me not to eat at any restaurant that taxes tips. I think it's BS.

What?!

do you think it's a clerical error or... a deliberate attempt to pad up $$$?

edit - oh I just read rest of the thread. looks up some are asking what I'm asking.

Back