Do you treat teenagers as kid or young adult?

Do you treat your teenagers as kid or young adult?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Other

Votes: 5 20.0%

• Total voters
I'm going to reply further.

Given the subject matter, I don't think you should use a poll to single anyone out. I don't think this is fair, because we're talking about ideals in how we each grew up and were shaped by the way in which we were tought. We're also talking about philosophies. We can all agree to disagree, but I don't think we should get into finger pointing. This is not a right or wrong type of thing.

That's like saying..."How do you raise your child.." We all have different ways of doing so (for those of us who have children).

Liebling, I feel I struck a nerve with you. I can't help that. My opinion is just that. An opinion based solely on the way I was raised. I also felt your comments were a bit personal. But, to each his own. I've never apologized for my opinions, and I'm not about to start now.

Simple vote yes, no or other... If you feel that you don´t want us to know which you vote then you don´t have to... but vote and keep yourself.

It has nothing do how/what we raise our children because each parents have different view to raise their children... All what I ask question either teenager consider as the kid or not.. That´s all.

I only responsed because you quoted my post to disagree with me about teenage at Taylor´s thread in first place... I only want to let SteelX know that Hot2Love is not kid but teenage... but you jumped ... that´s how the debate begin...then :topic: so I create a new thread. :cool:

I do not against when you think different. Why do you take it personal when I see different as you? Did I point finger on you? :confused: I talk in general way with agree to disagree... If you don´t like then don´t post...

Pro vs con... that normal but
can be lead into debate.

Respect theirs and yours equal...

No fist hands on this site.. :D

I didn't mind being called a kid. My parents call me kiddo once in a while. I'm their parents but I'm on my own and I'm proud to be a kid no matter what the age is. That's how I see it. I don't like political corrections and that's pretty lame in my opinion. Kid or not, there's no different...it's just how the people view it, not how to say it properly...some like it some don't. Most of the time my parents call me young man today. ;)

What you feel is okay... You are happy, that´s okay. I guess it could be that teenagers at present is different as your time in the past?

I just asked my son when he came to study room to make a call to his friend... I said to him... "Do you like me to call you "Kid" ? He was like :confused:... I explained him what we debate about teenage as kid or youth... etc... Danny was like Ughh and said :crazy: I´m not the kid but big boy... Alan, my 10 years old son hate it when I call him, my baby Alan... He remind me that he is a young boy, not kid. :lol: I know Alan is a kid but I would not label him as kid but respect his wish for label him as young boy....

I knew this was going to happen, I don't mind seeing pro vs con yet from the looks of it, it seems it's about who's right and who's wrong...Just like the thread in declawed, that's another reason why I stay away from that second thread cause all people do is makes other look bad for whatever choices they do make, or etc. if some people in here sees a 14 years old as a kid, then let them, same goes for those who thinks a 14 years old is a teenager, why agrue about it? why take things a bit too personal? there are all kind of people in this world who is not going to sit down and nods their heads by agreeing with everything a person says, If it was their child and if they want to call them a " kid " then so what? whats the big deal?

I called my half brother kid, and yes he got upset cause he didn't like to be called one, so I respect that, and now I called him a teenager instead, just like my 15 years old son even I still think he's my baby, he smiles everytime I say that, it doesn't mean I am labeling my own child, it just no matter how old my children gets they're still my babies period...

Simple vote yes, no or other... If you feel that you don´t want us to know which you vote then you don´t have to... but vote and keep yourself.

It has nothing do how/what we raise our children because each parents have different view to raise their children... All what I ask question either teenager consider as the kid or not.. That´s all.

I only responsed because you quoted my post to disagree with me about teenage at Taylor´s thread in first place... I only want to let SteelX know that Hot2Love is not kid but teenage... but you jumped ... that´s how the debate begin...then :topic: so I create a new thread. :cool:

I do not against when you think different. Why do you take it personal when I see different as you? Did I point finger on you? :confused: I talk in general way with agree to disagree... If you don´t like then don´t post...

*sigh* All I did was state an opinion, and you got upset. That's how this started. You're upset because some of us characterized a teenager as being a "kid".

What we're talking about here is different philosophies, and I stated mine. You also stated yours. I don't agree with you, but I accept your opinion. However, you refuse to accept mine! Instead you say "You feel sorry for my children", like it's an indictment. I take offense to that. But, I also am not going to go back and forth with you about it, because we won't get anywhere.

Now, will you please grow up.

Let me ask you something, Liebling...

Why are you taking it as seriously?

People say "kid" toward to 2hot4you, not you. So, maybe it's not bother her? If it does then she would say something and people would respect her. But since, I read other thread that she posted in there and she didn't say anything about how she feel for that name, "kid". Hmm, what's your point? People sometime don't care if they call them kid or not. My parents always say that I'm too young or a kid or child for that and this until I became 16 years old, finally they called me a young adult because I learned what is responsible and what is right and wrong too... Eh, please take easy same like you told us in other thread before becuase you dont take that person's posts as seriously now you took seriously when people called 2hot4you, a "kid" and she didn't complain about it YET. :confused:

:confused: ^Angel^

I would suggest you to read Taylor´s thread "Thank you Alex" then you will understand why I create a new thread here because our debate at Taylor´s thread should be not :topic: since I refered SteelX´s post remind that 14 years old girl, he label in his post as kid... Unfortunlately, my post was being quoted and disagree from other members, that´s how the debate goes :topic: there that´s why I create a thread here to aviod more :topic: in Taylor´s thread. I have no intention to create a thraed to question anyone either the teenagers consider as kid or young adult. That´s because they begin to disagree with me... then :topic: begin...

This is a simple question either teenager consider as kid or not... what/how you feel when you were teenager or your children are teenager... That´s all... It has nothing do what/how raise our children but question about "teenager"...

:confused: what is declaw do with this thread here? You can´t compare declaw with teenager here...

Declaw is about educational because many people unaware what declaw is...
Teenager is about question either kids or young adult. This is a difference.

Anyway, back to topic

I called my half brother kid, and yes he got upset cause he didn't like to be called one, so I respect that, and now I called him a teenager instead, just like my 15 years old son even I still think he's my baby, he smiles everytime I say that, it doesn't mean I am labeling my own child, it just no matter how old my children gets they're still my babies period...

This is an excatly what I question about.

Sure I call my boys big Baby when I play wrestle with them or whatever.... laugh with them... They know I do not label them as baby but mother nature feeling ... I did said in my previous post that my both boys are my babies in my heart but I respect their wishes for not label them as kid or young child...

Please don´t take my post personal when I see different. What is forum for ? Of course debate and collect experiences and open mind to see what right or wrong... with agree to disagree respectfully.

*sigh* All I did was state an opinion, and you got upset. That's how this started. You're upset because some of us characterized a teenager as being a "kid".

Me upset? No, I only responsed to disagree with you... that´s how the debate start... I create a new thread to aviod :topic: at Taylor´s thread.

What we're talking about here is different philosophies, and I stated mine. You also stated yours. I don't agree with you, but I accept your opinion. However, you refuse to accept mine! Instead you say "You feel sorry for my children", like it's an indictment. I take offense to that. But, I also am not going to go back and forth with you about it, because we won't get anywhere.

I am straightforward and alway said what I think because it´s fact... You alway said in threads that you like to say directly what you think... Now you feel offend here... :confused: Okay, if you feel being offence then accept my apology.

Now, will you please grow up.

You offend by my post, not me... I do not offend by your post because I´m pretty open mind and straightforward... I like anyone open what they think or what they agree/disagree... You already were upset by my post, that´s why I suggest you to not post if you don´t like what you see...! Who grow up? *shake my head*

Let me ask you something, Liebling...

Why are you taking it as seriously?

People say "kid" toward to 2hot4you, not you. So, maybe it's not bother her? If it does then she would say something and people would respect her. But since, I read other thread that she posted in there and she didn't say anything about how she feel for that name, "kid". Hmm, what's your point? People sometime don't care if they call them kid or not. My parents always say that I'm too young or a kid or child for that and this until I became 16 years old, finally they called me a young adult because I learned what is responsible and what is right and wrong too... Eh, please take easy same like you told us in other thread before becuase you dont take that person's posts as seriously now you took seriously when people called 2hot4you, a "kid" and she didn't complain about it YET. :confused:

Is it harm to suggest SteelX to not label her as kid but teenager? Why you make a panic over that? It´s not insult or bash to quote SteelX´s post to suggest him. Is it forbid to tell anyone what I think or what I disagree or agree?

I would be grateful that you don´t take your posts personal here or not invovle this issue what I suggested SteelX in other thread... This thread is about question either teenager consider as kid or young adult.

Thank you.

Is it harm to suggest SteelX to not label her as kid but teenager? Why you make a panic over that? It´s not insult or bash to quote SteelX´s post to suggest him. Is it forbid to tell anyone what I think or what I disagree or agree?

I would be grateful that you don´t take your posts personal here or not invovle this issue what I suggested SteelX in other thread... This thread is about question either teenager consider as kid or young adult.

Thank you.

Hold it there! If you don't like what someone said to a member, why don't you share your feelings with a member in the PM and not publically say it in front of a member who didn't mean to say it. This thread will be locked up anytime soon for sure.

Thank you.

What business is it of yours? I find it odd that you're the one upset about this, and yet, SHE'S the one the characterization was made about. Why does it offend YOU so? That's what Sweetheart is wondering (and me, too, for that matter?)

What's the big deal, Liebling?

Thank you.

Whoa whoa whoa... Hold your horse!

I'm just ASKING nicely! I just wonder why you took it as seriously that's it

Then, I explained you how I feel and my opinion are that's it! But you jumped over the bridge and being harsh on me! I don't understand why you ddi it to me which I'm feeling that Im innocent...

:confused: ^Angel^

I would suggest you to read Taylor´s thread "Thank you Alex" then you will understand why I create a new thread here because our debate at Taylor´s thread should be not :topic: since I refered SteelX´s post remind that 14 years old girl, he label in his post as kid... Unfortunlately, my post was being quoted and disagree from other members, that´s how the debate goes :topic: there that´s why I create a thread here to aviod more :topic: in Taylor´s thread. I have no intention to create a thraed to question anyone either the teenagers consider as kid or young adult. That´s because they begin to disagree with me... then :topic: begin...

This is a simple question either teenager consider as kid or not... what/how you feel when you were teenager or your children are teenager... That´s all... It has nothing do what/how raise our children but question about "teenager"...

:confused: what is declaw do with this thread here? You can´t compare declaw with teenager here...

Declaw is about educational because many people unaware what declaw is...
Teenager is about question either kids or young adult. This is a difference.

Anyway, back to topic

This is an excatly what I question about.

Sure I call my boys big Baby when I play wrestle with them or whatever.... laugh with them... They know I do not label them as baby but mother nature feeling ... I did said in my previous post that my both boys are my babies in my heart but I respect their wishes for not label them as kid or young child...

Please don´t take my post personal when I see different. What is forum for ? Of course debate and collect experiences and open mind to see what right or wrong... with agree to disagree respectfully.

:jaw: :jaw: ...*speechless*

*stepping out quietly*

Hold your horse!

Liebling wasn't refering it ...

Her feelings as opinion but you took seriouisly againist her will..
Which she saw Steel stated call'n her KID.. that how she feel.. want to make her create new poll.. what your pov... opinion welcomed.. pro vs con...

Don't take seriouisly debate w/her..
I understand Liebling is her own pov.. why you making paint her face and determind she is 100% wrong..

Remmy that forum is making everyone can bring pro vs con..that's all

Can you try open mind and discuss... please don't paint her face again!
She want to open communcation w/you share feedback.. as far she'll respect yours equal..

Is that possible probelmatic debate this thread? No.. Really not necessary close this thread..

Okay!
btw rest of other members who have their own children and understand their own POV.. If suppose you don't feel alike their POV don't paint their face...

Pretty please firmly nicely this thread thank you! :ty:

Whoa whoa whoa... Hold your horse!

I'm just ASKING nicely! I just wonder why you took it as seriously that's it

Then, I explained you how I feel and my opinion are that's it! But you jumped over the bridge and being harsh on me! I don't understand why you ddi it to me which I'm feeling that Im innocent...

No, I do not take any post serious but you. You took my post serious because I suggest someone... The forum is public, we all share our posts... we can quote anyone what we think or agree/disagree... What´s the wrong with that? It´s my opinion and feeling... Please respect it... I have no problem to have you to disagree with me if I consider teenager as young adult but I have the problem to have you take my post toward SteelX serious. I respect you the same if you see different.

No, I do not take any post serious but you. You took my post serious because I suggest someone... The forum is public, we all share our posts... we can quote anyone what we think or agree/disagree... What´s the wrong with that? It´s my opinion and feeling... Please respect it... I have no problem to have you to disagree with me if I consider teenager as young adult but I have the problem to have you take my post toward SteelX serious. I respect you the same if you see different.

I didn't take your post as seriously.. I just asked why you are taking it as seriously about people call teenagers as kid... I just don't understand clearly enough... You should tell me in nicely way but you already harsh on me and I felt hurt pretty much when you did that becuase I thought you are more friendly and understand easily and good listener but I guess I'm wrong about you? :|

And, it will be my last post becuase it's pretty hurt my feelings so much becuase you don't understand what I talk about and I tried to explain you and you already decided that I took it as seriously which I don't... Bye.

I vote No. I never call any children a KID. If I have a kid. I would say son or daughter instead of kid or child. I dont want to have feud with them. I always said to my friends, hows ur daughter or son OR children? Not a kid or child.

Back